Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a mistake.. Jake should still start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    So, tight end Stephen Alexander wonders about the wisdom of switching quarterbacks now, suggesting Cutler certainly is no quick fix.

    "I've said all along that it's not all about Jake," Alexander said. "You guys want to make a big deal out of Jake Plummer and what he's not doing, but this is not a one-man team. There are a lot of guys that need to go out and play better. Whether that's protection issues up front, whether that's guys running routes and getting the proper depth, dropped balls, there are a whole slew of things."

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...T=HCP&GT1=8807
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by cutlerfan
      You know what - I am so happy for this game.

      1. You will see that Cutler is the real deal!




      PEACE!!!





      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
        THANK YOU JRWIZ and vicious2500....nice to see you all can see what the others can't....CP's for you both.


        PEACE!!!

        Yes for some reason they can't see that our offense is inept this year. Is Plummer to blame? Yes, but so is the rest of the offense with the exception of Walker and T. Bell when he was healthy. Games are won and lost in the trenches and this year we've been losing the battles in the trenches. It all starts up front if the O-line doesn't block then there willn't be any holes for the running game. Our pass blocking isn't as good as other teams because we imploy smaller linemen.

        Our WRs outside of Walker are non-existent, what happened to Rod, it seems like the only thing he can beat now is zone coverage. He used to get open vs man and catch the ball, now it seems like he's only open vs zone and has bobbled some balls at the beginning of the year. Alexander never was much of a receiving TE since he got here and I'm still scratching my head on him trying to make a 1 handed grab in our terroritory like he's Tony Gonzalez or something.

        On the bright side we've been running more screen plays this year its one of the few new wrinkles we've seen added to the offense thanks to Dinger. Also we have been running more 3 WR sets this year.
        sigpic
        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

        Comment


        • #34
          Pretend if you can. Your the DC...Facing Jake Plummer and the Offense of the Broncos.

          Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
          Oh so there was never a dropped pass or anything all year huh?


          Jake's to blame for it all........ Can't wait to see Cutler get the same pressure and see him throw a few picks a nd fans calling for his head.



          PEACE!!!

          For once pretend, that your the defensive coord for the other team going up agenst Plummer and his offense. Because when it all comes down to its Really Plummer's offense. He exciutes Shannahan's and the OC's plays but he's the one doing the work.

          Now that your the DC and your going up agenst a Shannahan offense and Plummer is your QB what are you going to do.... If you read the Scounting Reports you know Three things.

          1. Jake Plummer is a scrambler and to neutrize him is to cut off his roll outs and any pathways of him moving around. Containment in the Pocket is the Main action of the Defensive Line, As long as Plummer is in the pocket he cant really be a threat.

          2. Plummer has a weak arm and is very innacurate, Rush him to get a Int or to make him run and sac him for major lossses.

          3. Plummer has a nack to focus on one Wide reciever at a time, hurry the pass so it goes into double coverage.

          Now that being said, the rest of the offense is cake. only Worry would be Javon Walker so Put 2 man coverage on him and you neutrize him since he's the main threat and for the Majority Plummer will only aim for Javon.

          Next put 8 or 9 people into the box and take away the run. Since we dont have a strong RB and Tatum Bell cant seem to keep himself healthy the run suffers because we cant make the Defense play Hernist with the two RB were depolying we cant push through the 8 man rush defense.

          There you have it an 1.2.3 step to neutrize and minimize the Denver Offense.
          1. contain Plummer.
          2. Rush plummer into making mistakes
          3. Load the Box with 8-9 defenders and force Jake to beat you with the long ball.

          In doing this you can forcibly weaken the Denver Defense since you now control the aspects of the game. Clock, 3rd down conversions, score.

          So in all respects Most of our Woes are from Plummer. He is forced to beat the Defense with his arm witch he cannot do, witch works agenst us every time. As long as that keeps going were going to struggle each game we go into.

          Last year we had the luxury of having good talent on our offense that coverd up all of Plummer's shortcommings. Now that its gone everything rest on Plummer.
          yes there are 10 other Players but the key player will always be the QB. If the QB isnt feared then all the other pieces are therefore void of any real value.

          Stuff the run, force the long ball with plummer = containment of the offense of the Denver Broncos.

          Defensive coords already figured it out, wonder why so many people that think plummer is good havent yet. Gotta look from it, from a different point of view to understand the QB that were replacing.

          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

          Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by OC1981
            re-read.....stand by my post.

            The post I quoted implyed that we did not have a true dep threat.
            No it stated that "our best deep threat is also our best underneath guy"....


            PEACE!!!





            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
              For once pretend, that your the defensive coord for the other team going up agenst Plummer and his offense. Because when it all comes down to its Really Plummer's offense. He exciutes Shannahan's and the OC's plays but he's the one doing the work.

              Now that your the DC and your going up agenst a Shannahan offense and Plummer is your QB what are you going to do.... If you read the Scounting Reports you know Three things.

              1. Jake Plummer is a scrambler and to neutrize him is to cut off his roll outs and any pathways of him moving around. Containment in the Pocket is the Main action of the Defensive Line, As long as Plummer is in the pocket he cant really be a threat.

              2. Plummer has a weak arm and is very innacurate, Rush him to get a Int or to make him run and sac him for major lossses.

              3. Plummer has a nack to focus on one Wide reciever at a time, hurry the pass so it goes into double coverage.

              Now that being said, the rest of the offense is cake. only Worry would be Javon Walker so Put 2 man coverage on him and you neutrize him since he's the main threat and for the Majority Plummer will only aim for Javon.

              Next put 8 or 9 people into the box and take away the run. Since we dont have a strong RB and Tatum Bell cant seem to keep himself healthy the run suffers because we cant make the Defense play Hernist with the two RB were depolying we cant push through the 8 man rush defense.

              There you have it an 1.2.3 step to neutrize and minimize the Denver Offense.
              1. contain Plummer.
              2. Rush plummer into making mistakes
              3. Load the Box with 8-9 defenders and force Jake to beat you with the long ball.

              In doing this you can forcibly weaken the Denver Defense since you now control the aspects of the game. Clock, 3rd down conversions, score.

              So in all respects Most of our Woes are from Plummer. He is forced to beat the Defense with his arm witch he cannot do, witch works agenst us every time. As long as that keeps going were going to struggle each game we go into.

              Last year we had the luxury of having good talent on our offense that coverd up all of Plummer's shortcommings. Now that its gone everything rest on Plummer.
              yes there are 10 other Players but the key player will always be the QB. If the QB isnt feared then all the other pieces are therefore void of any real value.

              Stuff the run, force the long ball with plummer = containment of the offense of the Denver Broncos.

              Defensive coords already figured it out, wonder why so many people that think plummer is good havent yet. Gotta look from it, from a different point of view to understand the QB that were replacing.


              Good points!! You are right on!



              ----------------------------------------------
              I work at Vanderbilt University

              Where Jay Graduated!


              I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
                THANK YOU JRWIZ and vicious2500....nice to see you all can see what the others can't....CP's for you both.


                PEACE!!!
                Most of the folks calling for cutler and think he will singlehandedly turn it around are either vandy fans, cutler fans or Jake haters.

                Mostly that have an agenda and hope and pray that they are right. Since the kid has yet to throw a pass against a real defense during a real game NO ONE KNOWS for sure what he is.

                With as bad as this team seems to be one man is not gonna make the difference and if we thought Jake was getting blitzed, wait till the up coming DC get done with creative packages for cutler. It should be a blood bath with this Oline.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by JRWIZ
                  Most of the folks calling for cutler and think he will singlehandedly turn it around are either vandy fans, cutler fans or Jake haters.

                  Mostly that have an agenda and hope and pray that they are right. Since the kid has yet to throw a pass against a real defense during a real game NO ONE KNOWS for sure what he is.

                  With as bad as this team seems to be one man is not gonna make the difference and if we thought Jake was getting blitzed, wait till the up coming DC get done with creative packages for cutler. It should be a blood bath with this Oline.


                  Another great post....


                  PEACE!!!





                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by JRWIZ
                    Most of the folks calling for cutler and think he will singlehandedly turn it around are either vandy fans, cutler fans or Jake haters.

                    Mostly that have an agenda and hope and pray that they are right. Since the kid has yet to throw a pass against a real defense during a real game NO ONE KNOWS for sure what he is.

                    With as bad as this team seems to be one man is not gonna make the difference and if we thought Jake was getting blitzed, wait till the up coming DC get done with creative packages for cutler. It should be a blood bath with this Oline.

                    This is why I think Jay playing at Vanderbilt will be ready.

                    Do you think Vandy had a line? Jay was SEC Player of the Year - Twice - with no line!!

                    There is no tougher place to play college football than the SEC. It has prepared him.


                    Plus going against Denver's defense which is good has helped Jay a heck of a lot. Can you imagine throwing against Champ all the time!

                    With the talent of Denver around him - how can he not succeed?

                    Leinert and Young had talent around them in college.

                    Does this make sense?
                    Last edited by cutlerfan; 11-27-2006, 09:28 AM.



                    ----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

                    Where Jay Graduated!


                    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by OC1981
                      re-read.....stand by my post.

                      The post I quoted implyed that we did not have a true dep threat.
                      Reading is fundamental my friend

                      Now if we had these two things maybe their could be argument on your part, but seeing that our best deep threat is also our best underneathe guy I have a problem with that.
                      Who is our best underneathe guy? You guessed it Javon Walker .

                      All game long we force the ball to Javon (quick slants, screens, posts, corners, post corner routes, fly routes, streaks, end arounds) you name it Walkers done it.

                      Is he our deep threat? Persay yes, but didn't we draft a guy to be the deep threat who is back from injury and still hasn't seen a snap in D. Hixon? What about Brain Clark who's been on the active every game and still hasn't seen an offensive snap.
                      sigpic
                      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by JRWIZ
                        Most of the folks calling for cutler and think he will singlehandedly turn it around are either vandy fans, cutler fans or Jake haters.

                        Mostly that have an agenda and hope and pray that they are right. Since the kid has yet to throw a pass against a real defense during a real game NO ONE KNOWS for sure what he is.

                        With as bad as this team seems to be one man is not gonna make the difference and if we thought Jake was getting blitzed, wait till the up coming DC get done with creative packages for cutler. It should be a blood bath with this Oline.
                        I was a huge Jake Supporter until about half-way through this year. I don't think any of the (educated) fans calling for Cutler expect him to toss 500yds and 5 TDs every game.

                        Most of us just hope that Jay's ability to throw the deep ball will open up the run game a little. As far as blitzing, if JC can get a few completions in the face of a blitz the blitz will slow down. Teams can blitz JP all day because he in very inaccurate while he is in the pocket.

                        It looks like we're just going to have to wait and see (and agree to disagree until then). We have NEVER been a great pass protect team but Shanny is the best coach out there and hopefully JC has the talent to let Shanny do what we do best: set up the run and pound the rock.


                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by cutlerfan
                          This is why I think Jay playing at Vanderbilt will be ready.

                          Do you think Vandy had a line? Jay was SEC Player of the Year - Twice - with no line!!

                          With the talent of Denver around him - how can he not succeed?

                          Leinert and Young had talent around them in college.

                          Does this make sense?
                          What also is emerging is that the youngest team in the NFL, led by a rookie quarterback, has now won 4 out of their last 6 games.
                          As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

                          More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by vandyman53
                            What also is emerging is that the youngest team in the NFL, led by a rookie quarterback, has now won 4 out of their last 6 games.
                            Vince got lucky yesterday



                            ----------------------------------------------
                            I work at Vanderbilt University

                            Where Jay Graduated!


                            I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by JRWIZ
                              Got a link or is it just more bluster.

                              Or perhaps maybe Mikey is covering his butt.

                              Time will tell if cutler is a rising star or a leaf.
                              Nope don't spend my time holding links for you JR. It's on the 'net if ya want to find it. I thought you were a "supposed" team man. Sounds like you wish one to fail as the "haters" have been accused of.
                              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

                              More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                                For once pretend, that your the defensive coord for the other team going up agenst Plummer and his offense. Because when it all comes down to its Really Plummer's offense. He exciutes Shannahan's and the OC's plays but he's the one doing the work.

                                Now that your the DC and your going up agenst a Shannahan offense and Plummer is your QB what are you going to do.... If you read the Scounting Reports you know Three things.

                                1. Jake Plummer is a scrambler and to neutrize him is to cut off his roll outs and any pathways of him moving around. Containment in the Pocket is the Main action of the Defensive Line, As long as Plummer is in the pocket he cant really be a threat.

                                2. Plummer has a weak arm and is very innacurate, Rush him to get a Int or to make him run and sac him for major lossses.

                                3. Plummer has a nack to focus on one Wide reciever at a time, hurry the pass so it goes into double coverage.

                                Now that being said, the rest of the offense is cake. only Worry would be Javon Walker so Put 2 man coverage on him and you neutrize him since he's the main threat and for the Majority Plummer will only aim for Javon.

                                Next put 8 or 9 people into the box and take away the run. Since we dont have a strong RB and Tatum Bell cant seem to keep himself healthy the run suffers because we cant make the Defense play Hernist with the two RB were depolying we cant push through the 8 man rush defense.

                                There you have it an 1.2.3 step to neutrize and minimize the Denver Offense.
                                1. contain Plummer.
                                2. Rush plummer into making mistakes
                                3. Load the Box with 8-9 defenders and force Jake to beat you with the long ball.

                                In doing this you can forcibly weaken the Denver Defense since you now control the aspects of the game. Clock, 3rd down conversions, score.

                                So in all respects Most of our Woes are from Plummer. He is forced to beat the Defense with his arm witch he cannot do, witch works agenst us every time. As long as that keeps going were going to struggle each game we go into.

                                Last year we had the luxury of having good talent on our offense that coverd up all of Plummer's shortcommings. Now that its gone everything rest on Plummer.
                                yes there are 10 other Players but the key player will always be the QB. If the QB isnt feared then all the other pieces are therefore void of any real value.

                                Stuff the run, force the long ball with plummer = containment of the offense of the Denver Broncos.

                                Defensive coords already figured it out, wonder why so many people that think plummer is good havent yet. Gotta look from it, from a different point of view to understand the QB that were replacing.

                                Yet we still have only Walker that is preforming unless cutler is some how gonna magically help Rod get separation, allow the TE to get into patterns (bring held into block as we speak) and make the catches that they have been dropping so far.

                                The running game is some how gonna magically become dominant again. Last but not least heal the oline, that outside of nalen is stinking up the place on run blocking and most importantly pass protection.

                                Sorry charlie but one man can't do all of those things to make this offense run like it used to.

                                In fact with a rook at QB the DC will merely add blitz packages to further confuse him. The season will be shorter than it has been the past 4 years cause unless s serious injuries happen to both KC and SAN this season will not include a post season.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X