Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiSteeler
    Tony Romo is not a rookie.
    He had never started an NFL game before, though.
    - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCanada
      He had never started an NFL game before, though.
      Yeah, but he had watched alot more, and practiced ALOT more, and played alot more preseason games than Jay Cutler, Roelthisberger, hah.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiSteeler
        Yeah, but he had watched alot more, and practiced ALOT more, and played alot more preseason games than Jay Cutler, Roelthisberger, hah.
        Wow... that is logical, the only real experience is game experience, any Pro or College level athlete would tell you that, what your saying is the complete opposite, that sitting is better! Funny thing those stats, because it is bull****, maybe you like to waste talent, being that your two favorite teams hardly produce back to back solid years I could see why! But the facts are far from supportive, 86% of the most productive and successful quarterabacks in League history, started in their first seasons or with maybe sitting one season...including Plummer, and that list is deep with HOF players with many awards, Super Bowls, accolades and more. that leaves 14%, not an average I find in favor of many quarterbacks, yes some are busts, more then not they will succeed...given the right placement. A few have been successful, and the odds are not good, but even next year he would be raw, and no matter what they need to play to improve and to succeed.

Comment

People have to understand that this change isn't ENTIRELY do to Jake's play this season alone. Jake had his BEST season as a pro last year, and Shanahan still drafted a QB in the first round. It was pretty well understood that this was going to be Jake's LAST season here. So there were concerns/worries/dislikes about Jake's play from the coaches last year as well. Perhaps it wasn't his "play" so much as his LACK of play.. or lack of skills.

Either way, this change to Cutler isn't do to Jake's play this year. The EARLY change is do to Jake's play this year, but the change was coming nonetheless. Shanahan just isn't thrilled with Jake's overall abilities. He wants a QB that will enable him to call the entire playbook.

Yes... its earlier than expected. Its earlier than Shanahan wanted and/or anticipated. But we don't know what the coaches are seeing on the game films, and we dont' know what the coaches are seeing at practice. We don't know what Jake's attitude has been like with the coaches this year. I'm not saying its been bad, but perhaps since he knows he's on the way out, he hasn't been as easy to deal with. Maybe Jay has been has just shown improvement over the season, while Jake is still obviously struggling. So you have one hand rising, while the other hand is just slowly declining.

Maybe its just time for a change. Time to get some spark into the team. Perhaps this will give some kind of ignition.

Comment

To all the fans

You all have a short memory, Denver. Elway was ok in the beginning. He got better. GET OFF JAKE"S BUTT & let him play.
            Tell Mr Head coach to quit coaching to the newspapers & NFL spokeman and do what he know best COACH HIS WAY! Its worked before.
            Denver blames one player but on Nov 19 I SAW 11 players on that field. Blame Blame Blame-when we lose.
            Some of us SUPPORT the Broncos WIN OR LOSE! I wore my orange & blue in 1987 AFTER WE LOST. My daughters have worn PROUDLY no matter what the final season was. A true fan will support all even a no win season, which Denver is spoiled we never have.
            We are contenders year after year, the whole country rated Denver as a good team to watch. So why can't we support our quaterback, team even now?????????

Love Denver Born & Bred

Comment

Originally posted by lizieanne
              You all have a short memory, Denver. Elway was ok in the beginning. He got better. GET OFF JAKE"S BUTT & let him play.
              Tell Mr Head coach to quit coaching to the newspapers & NFL spokeman and do what he know best COACH HIS WAY! Its worked before.
              Denver blames one player but on Nov 19 I SAW 11 players on that field. Blame Blame Blame-when we lose.
              Some of us SUPPORT the Broncos WIN OR LOSE! I wore my orange & blue in 1987 AFTER WE LOST. My daughters have worn PROUDLY no matter what the final season was. A true fan will support all even a no win season, which Denver is spoiled we never have.
              We are contenders year after year, the whole country rated Denver as a good team to watch. So why can't we support our quaterback, team even now?????????

Love Denver Born & Bred
              I really mean no offence but couldn't have posted something a little more original considering that this is replica of what you posted in another thread?
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Love Denver Born & Bred
                Welcome to the boards.

...now since you are new, I won't :hammer: your post.

Good day.
                The three Keys to football
                1. Turnovers
                2. Field Position
                3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Let's all face this. It is what it is. There are those of us who will hate this and call for Mike's job. Will not happen he is going to extend to be our coach in the offseason. Then there are those of us who think this is what needs to be done. Am I excited yes. Some of you say Jake is a proven winner, well I disagree as far as this year goes. Our defense is who we need to credit for our wins not Jake. So IMO this move was way overdue!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Love Denver Born & Bred
                    We are supporting Denver. We are supporting the move to Cutler. Isn't that support? If you support the team more than the individuals, shouldn't you support that move to Cutler as much as anything else? I wear my colors win or lose....but I'm still supporting the move to Cutler. I wore My colors after the SB losses in 86,87, and 89. I don't think supporting Cutler is in any way, NOT showing support for the Broncos.

The coach made the decision to pull Plummer. Isn't that what he's supposed to do, coach? Don't we support the Broncos from the ground up, including the coaches?? Don't we support the rookies that come in and do their best to fill a role if someone is injured? Then why not support them when they come in because the vet ahead of them is playing poorly? You can support the Broncos, and still support a personel change. You can support the Broncos and NOT be happy with the play you see on the field.

Look at the Browns fans. They see bad play each and every year. They criticize their team.. but they still support them. I don't see the relevence of your post to this topic.

Comment

i have no problem w/ jake staying in- IF shanahan would use the bootleg, plummer is not a pocket passer so i say either bootleg plummer or pocket cutler, one or the other

Comment

Love Denver Born & Bred
                        He is doing what he does best. Coaching and making tough decisions that will make his ballclub better.
                        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

As a Charger fan, I really question this move.

To be honest, your OL needs to be vastly upgraded, otherwise it doesn't matter at all for Cutler because he will be running for his life. Your OL is the weak link right now, which will not bode well for Cutler.

Plummer has his ups and downs, but he wins. Isn't he like 39 and 17 since being with Denver?

From what I can recall, Cutlers stock really shot up during Senior Bowl 'practices' and didn't really impress in the Senior Bowl. Yes, he had a good pre-season, but, it is pre-season.

I just think that with the AFC West being a close race and if Denver wanted to stay in the hunt, why would you make a change now? I almost take this has throwing in the towel...

Just my 2 cents.

Do Denver fans really think that Cutler is going to come in and lead you to the Super Bowl this year?

Comment

I think there is a 95% chance that Cutler won't lead us to the Superbowl this year, but next year we have a great chance. I just want Cutler to get some playing time this year and hopefully get some playoff experience as well. We already pretty much screwed up our Superbowl chances this year. We should've gone with Cutler earlier, but we wanted to stick with the vet to stay competitive. All it did was get us further into the season where we have even less of a chance by throwing in a rookie. I'm just looking forward to next season. As for this season, I'm excited to see what Cutler can do in our starting offense. He was connecting with Scheffler all preseason. I hope he can make Scheffler and Walker a big part of the game again, and make other teams respect the pass to open up our run game some more.
                            2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by cawbird101
                              i have no problem w/ jake staying in- IF shanahan would use the bootleg, plummer is not a pocket passer so i say either bootleg plummer or pocket cutler, one or the other
                              you cannot run the bootleg when the defense is taking it away on every play and forcing your QB to pass from the pocket. I am so glad we now have a conventional QB once again. Waiting on the bootleg to open up is frustrating and limits what the entire offense can do. What if Champ Bailey could only cover a receiver that ran only fly routes? What if Tatum Bell could only run sweeps? What if Al Wilson could only tackle running backs weighing less than 200 lbs.? A one dimensional player only has a place on special teams and the practice squad. This is the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by lonedv
                                Something just doesnt feel right about replacing Jake at this point. We still are in the playoff hunt and Jake has been a proven winner.

Its funny how hard people are on Plummer, for instance.. Everyone bagged on Plummer for two close games against the Raiders.

San Diego eeks out a 17-14 win yesterday and its peaches and cream for LT and the superchargers.

I think everyones fascination with a furture has clouded their judgement on making decesions now.

Has it not been the status quo to only replace your starting QB when your out of the playoffs?

This is going to split this team in half if Jay cant win the next two games.

I for one cant pretend that this teams offensive struggles have been ALL Jake's fault.
                                IMO it dont matter what we think. Shanny said it himself: I am lookin at now and I feel that Cutler is gonna give us a better chance.
                                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                                X