Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fyi:

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    Most of the folks calling for cutler and think he will singlehandedly turn it around are either vandy fans, cutler fans or Jake haters.

Mostly that have an agenda and hope and pray that they are right. Since the kid has yet to throw a pass against a real defense during a real game NO ONE KNOWS for sure what he is.

With as bad as this team seems to be one man is not gonna make the difference and if we thought Jake was getting blitzed, wait till the up coming DC get done with creative packages for cutler. It should be a blood bath with this Oline.
    I ignore the NCAA; last years Rose Bowl was one of the few games I've watched since Nebraska stopped winning, mainly because I wanted to see if Vince Young was as good as everyone said (he is. ) That, and I expected the Longhorns to fold playing USC vs. Vince Young, and being surrounded by arrogant Longhorn fans I wanted to enjoy the show. So not a Vandy fan. I can't really be a Cutler fan because without watching a Vandy game I've never seen him play. And Jakes the starting QB on my favorite team; I still prefer Griese, but I want the team to win, period.

I don't expect Cutler to walk on water or part it either, but Jake wasn't getting it done and that's the bottom line. Could the line use some improvement? Sure, but even when Lepsis was covering the QBs blindside Jake didn't get it done. Could the running game be better? Sure, but even when Tatum was second in the League rushing Jake didn't get it done. Defensive coordinators know these things at least as well as I do, and so does Shanny; we face eight in the box on most downs while safeties and CBs stare deeply into Plummers soul thinking "go ahead, throw deep: I dare ya.... "

They wanna blitz the rookie? Fine; defenses have been blitzing since Landry was coaching defenses (exclusively, I mean) and that's the reason the 'Skins came up with the screen pass. An accurate QB will tear Ds that blitz every down to shreds with screen passes, but you have to be able to hit your target or it doesn't work. You start running screens, delay draws, even the occasional flea flicker, successfully, and suddenly defensive coordinators discover they can make better use of their personnel than blitzing 7-8 guys every down. Well, sometimes; sometimes they never learn and, when they're on my team, that's when I start foaming at the mouth....

I don't realistically think Cutler's gonna come in and beat SD on the road as we run the table in our last five games, though I'd love to see it. That's part of why I wish we'd put him in sooner, so he'd have more experience next year and we'd draft better (we have tough games against Seattle in Denver and at SD, but even if we lost to Cincinatti we should beat SF and Arizona, so we're lookin' at a 9-7 draft, which isn't great. ) Most likely I think we're gonna end up with a wildcard and a mediocre draft (KC still has to play the Jags and Ravens, plus a road game at SD; if we finish even we beat the Steelers and they didn't, so they have to beat SD or beat the Ravens and hope we lose to Cincy, ) but Cutler will at least get some playoff experience.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

• Cutler isn't expected to be the next Elway or Marino. He isn't expect to do what Roethlisburger did in Pittsburgh.

He is only expected to play better than Plummer. Which really isn't too tall of an order.

I do not see what the fuss is. How can anybody be satisfied with the play of Jake Plummer this year? Will Cutler instantly make the Broncos SB contenders? No. But any way you want to look at it, Denver was not going to win the SB with Jake Plummer playing how he has been playing. I am completely comfortable with the move, regardless of the results. At least with this move there is a potential upside.

Jay Cutler is the man...for better or worse. There will be no turning back.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDB
        Cutler isn't expected to be the next Elway or Marino. He isn't expect to do what Roethlisburger did in Pittsburgh.

He is only expected to play better than Plummer. Which really isn't too tall of an order.

I do not see what the fuss is. How can anybody be satisfied with the play of Jake Plummer this year? Will Cutler instantly make the Broncos SB contenders? No. But any way you want to look at it, Denver was not going to win the SB with Jake Plummer playing how he has been playing. I am completely comfortable with the move, regardless of the results. At least with this move there is a potential upside.

Jay Cutler is the man...for better or worse. There will be no turning back.
        great post LDB and you hit the nail right on the head.

I agree and have been thinking this for a while now
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
          Most of the folks calling for cutler and think he will singlehandedly turn it around are either vandy fans, cutler fans or Jake haters.
          I don't agree I only know of two posters who are confessed Vandy fans and MOST people who have started looking to Jay to start now don't hate Jake. What they see including myself is a lack of production from Jake. Just as everything isn't ALL Jake's fault he still has a major part in how this offense has preformed and shouldn't be let off the hook.

Mostly that have an agenda and hope and pray that they are right. Since the kid has yet to throw a pass against a real defense during a real game NO ONE KNOWS for sure what he is

Yeah I hoping he's the real deal and yes no one knows how good he is just yet. But the same must have been said of Jake 9 1/2 years ago when because the starter of Cardinals.

With as bad as this team seems to be one man is not gonna make the difference and if we thought Jake was getting blitzed, wait till the up coming DC get done with creative packages for cutler. It should be a blood bath with this Oline.
          Overall the pass protection has been better imo than the way you see it. This line is of a much higher quality than that of Dallas or Houston. He's not always flushed from the pocket and many of those hurried throws that have talked about have come when bootleg pass plays have been called because defenses have it figured and for the most part and have been able to disrupt the timing. Also Jake has never and will never be called accurate passer JR he's off target more than he is on.

I fully expect that defense will try blitzing Cutler and I no doubt that Shanahan is very well aware of that fact as well. Therefore, I have no doubt Shanahan will do everything he can to have Jay ready for that.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• A statement, and a question.

The statement, addressed to those with the "Elway struggled at first, get off Jake's back!" crowd. Elway struggled early in his career, true. However, Jake is NOT in the early part of his career! He is a veteran in his FOURTH year with his SECOND team! Jake is what his at this point. (Apparently, I have to say that I actually like Jake as a person, and was completely behind the "Jake is the starter this year; the dogfight begins next training camp" philosophy. And since I just want the Broncos to win like everyone else here, why do I feel the need to explain this?)

Now my question to those of you who say that putting Jay in will not save the season: if the rest of the team is so crappy, why does it matter? If the team is that bad, can you say that keeping Jake in will give us post-season success? And if Jake ISN'T taking us to the promised land...why not give the rookie some experience? Peyton Manning believes his rookie playing time was an ASSET...
            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

• Originally posted by CSU_stat
              A statement, and a question.

The statement, addressed to those with the "Elway struggled at first, get off Jake's back!" crowd. Elway struggled early in his career, true. However, Jake is NOT in the early part of his career! He is a veteran in his FOURTH year with his SECOND team! Jake is what his at this point. (Apparently, I have to say that I actually like Jake as a person, and was completely behind the "Jake is the starter this year; the dogfight begins next training camp" philosophy. And since I just want the Broncos to win like everyone else here, why do I feel the need to explain this?)

Now my question to those of you who say that putting Jay in will not save the season: if the rest of the team is so crappy, why does it matter? If the team is that bad, can you say that keeping Jake in will give us post-season success? And if Jake ISN'T taking us to the promised land...why not give the rookie some experience? Peyton Manning believes his rookie playing time was an ASSET...
              This is a very good point. If the team is that bad anyway then it shouldn't matter that Shanahan has made the switch.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• I have yet to hear a convincing argument from a Jake proponent as to how Jay can be much worse than Jake at this stage? The Broncos are 7-4 and in third place in the division. Do you think this is what they wanted, considering they were one win away from a Super Bowl berth last year? If the team is so terrible, then give the rookie a shot. If the team is good, then they should be good enough to carry whoever is the quarterback. Either way, a move had to be made, and we should all trust Shanahan to do whats best for this team.
                sigpic

Comment

• Jake should not still start :paper:

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                  2) Devin Thomas
                  4) Frank Okam
                  4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                  2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                  4) Frank Okam
                  4) Beau Bell

Comment

• Ok, Im a huge Jake supporter and fan. But please guys, let the issue rest. Shanny has made the decision and just like we should have believed when he left jake in there, we should now believe in jay

Comment

• Originally posted by Breezer
                      What? If Plummer could complete a third down pass the Broncos could easily be 11-0, 10-1 at the worst. The players love the guy, but he just doesn't have it this year. He has been pathetic and has held the team back all season. The team needs to do something or this season is shot.
                      You obviously dont know a thing!!! The only thing pathetic involved with this organization is this post!! The entire offense has held this team back.
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighStud
                        You obviously dont know a thing!!! The only thing pathetic involved with this organization is this post!! The entire offense has held this team back.
                        MHS there is no need to attack Breezer he didn't attack you.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• well, this may fall on def ears, but i too think it time for the switch. i have supported jake since the day he became a bronco. i even find it a bit diificult to accept that he will be the back up. however, i do think that it is the right move at this point. hopefully cutler will rise up and be what we all hope he can be. i do want to say however, that jake plummer is a stud. he has always worked his butt off, he has always played hard, and he has always given everything he could give on the field. he is a good guy, and i know he will accept his role as the backup because he is a team guy, and always has been. so heres to cutler getting his big chance to show us all what he is made of. and heres to jake for what he has always given us, although not always mistake free, he has given us his best effort at all times and to me that is pretty meaningful.

Dennis Smith/ my all-time favorite Denver Bronco.

props to Snk16 for the sig!

Comment

• Out of my respect for Jake I will continue to use my sig.... He made the game fun and interesting to watch for me!! I will miss #16 at the helm....But as a true, blue BRONCO fan, I support Coach Shanahan and his decision. I wish Jay the best and hope he can bring some type of spark back to our struggling team! Go get them guys!!!
                            YOU gotta believe....I'm behind you JAY!!!!

Thx to Air7raid!!! U rock...

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                              If plummer was their shining star how come he's still not with them.

also i got this off their website in franchise history.

But after that they werent able to get back into the playoffs and when they did it was an early exit. I saw the Dallas game and that game was the only win for them during their post season trip.
                              So my arguement still stands firm. Also plummer getting over the defense its been a hard struggle and 70% of the time the team has compensated for his strugges agenst the opposing defense.

It was the talent around Plummer that made plummer look good. Take away all the all key players from his time in Arizona and the loss of alot of key players last year and what your left with is an Average QB. So i did do some reaserch when i made my thoughts i just didnt blindly post them.

Im just saying Plummer served his purpose he held us in contention for 3 1/2 years but he was just an average QB. When Cutler was picked up in the Draft he already knew his days were numberd it was just a matter of when he would sit on the bench then if he would sit.
                              Its going to happen so we should just live what with Shannahan is doing and not question his logic, because all Shannahan is doing is giving us the best chance of winning. So enjoy the bronco games and root for the Kid and the team and by some chance you dont like cutler just root for the team when they are on Defense only

All you did was prove my point.

Az was nothing until Plummer arrived and the team slowly disenagrated around him as the years went by

Why is Plummer the only QB in the history of league who gets blamed for all the losses and gets no credit for the wins.
                              Just admit your wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X