Plummer's future in Denver??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plummer's future in Denver??

If Cutler plays well, will Shanny trade Plummer or keep him as a #2 QB for the rest of his contract?

If he decides to trade him, do you think we can get any value for him?

Trade him why would we need an overpriced BAckup?

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
      If Cutler plays well, will Shanny trade Plummer or keep him as a #2 QB for the rest of his contract?

Shanny said that if Jake wants to stay, then he would love it!

Comment

Shanahan stated that he would like to keep Jake around, but that it would be up to Jake. I don't know how sincere he was in stating that. I think it would be in everyone's best interest just to trade or cut Jake in the offseason. But I don't make those decisions. If Shanahan feels Jake staying is best for the team, then I think we'll see it happen. If not, then he'll be gone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SPLITTINGBUNS
          Trade him why would we need an overpriced BAckup?

Do you think we can get any value for him?????

Comment

He maybe released, it all depends on his contract. One thing I'm reasonably confident about is Jake will not be in Denver next season.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

He will not be back, and Cutler will need a backup that can help him in many ways, I actually think Denver may make a run for Drew Bledsoe with his years of experience and the great offenses he has been in the information and help will be invaluable...We need a veteran backup while Parson's develops into a quality backup, but Plummer being only in his 10th season will likely go elswhere and will likely be a fast trade, I do not expect him to remain on the roster for long... Oakland may even make a push for him, though it will not happen, unless they are willing to trade 1st round picks with Plummer, which even though they are in conference may happen. Tampa Bay, Philadelphia and likely the N.Y. Jets are front runners, but there is questions there, and if the Raiders offer that, I would expect Denver to jump on it.

Comment

Do you think we can get any value for him?????
                Jake is an OK player. There are a few teams that really need a new qb. We might get something for him.

Comment

Bledose has stated that he would rather retire than be a backup. If he were satisfied being a backup, he would just stay put in Dallas, rather than play for his fourth team in nearly as many years.
                  sigpic

Comment

He's as good as gone - he still has at least 2/3 good years in him IMO.

I dont see why he would want to stay as a backup, especially not to a 1st round draft pick. Theres no really dislodging him unless injury if he's anywhere near as good as the hype (Please God be he as good as the hype

He'll go elsewhere - there was already talk of Philadelphia if McNabbs injury is as bad as him potentially missing the start of next season. Look forward to Jeff Garcia (sigh) and a early-middle draft pick coming this way if so.. But there'll be plenty of suitors, of that I have no doubt. Theres talk of Bledso-n-so moving to get a starting job next season, and Jake is much better than he is.

Comment

I say Plummer would be better off away from Denver. No more distractions for him

Best of luck to him.
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

His future involves a moving truck and a long drive to a new NFL city.
                        If you love NFL stats and history
                        pro-football-reference.com
                        jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Chances are

slim to none. I think Jake will be a starter next yr. or go to a team where the starting job will be up for grabs in the preseason. Phily seems to be his best fit...as a player. Jake needs to be in an unhandcuffed offence to really be Jake, it just didn't work w/ Shanny here, which is too bad.

The only way Jake stays is if Cutler gets some crazy injury that would keep him out into next year at some pt. -and no i wish no injury of course.

Cutler totally blows the next two games and Jake by a mircle goes back to starting and leads us to the SB.

All this, unlikely. Bestof luck Jake, I'll miss you and your team spirit! Thanks for being a real Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730
                            Bledose has stated that he would rather retire than be a backup. If he were satisfied being a backup, he would just stay put in Dallas, rather than play for his fourth team in nearly as many years.
                            Many have said that, but there maybe another scenario, maybe Denver should just let Parson's back him up but hire a coach that is a former player to help develop him, Bledsoe may enjoy that role, or maybe even Brister.

But Plummer is worth a 4th round pick, and I am sure someone will jump. I still believe Oakland will be forced to take a quarterback in the draft at their position, but a 1st for 1st plus Plummer trade would nullify them from doing such, especially with how bad their situation is and Denver may jump on it to get M. Lynch, Denver will want to add a very aggressive weapon to help Cutler and the team get better. Plummer has value, and Denver is lacking picks like they usually do, and they lost little to get extra picks this off-season, so I suspect them to trade, I also think Foster will be gone via trade and maybe even Tatum Bell, unless he bust loose these last few games.

Comment

No trade...

Plummer will be released... we have no more bonus money to pay out for him which means no acceleration and no dead money against the cap if we simply cut him
                              This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                              X