Plummer's Trade Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plummer's Trade Value

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Plummer's trade value is realistically. I've heard 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and 3rd round pick. So far a 2nd round pick sounds most likely.

Originally posted by UnderArmour
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Plummer's trade value is realistically. I've heard 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and 3rd round pick. So far a 2nd round pick sounds most likely.
    As of now late 3rd to 4th round, he can start...but there is no for sure guarantee and his inconsistent play he lost value this year.

Comment

3rd

Comment

I think they could get a 2nd for him from a team that really needs a QB

Comment

I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th round pick for him. Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Philly(since McNabb will likely miss part of next season). Someone will be able to put Jake in a starting position. I would love to get a 2nd, but I doubt it. And no way we land a 1st. Maybe we could package Jake and a pick to move up in a round, 1st or 2nd. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Comment

I dunno, But if hes not ganna start next year, he needs to be traded off or get his contract negotiated cause he is too expensive to be a starter.

Comment

I think that unless there are several teams interested they will try to wait until the Broncos release him after June first. That means no draft pick.

Comment

I have put thought into all of this, most teams are real happy even with their inconsistent quarterbacks or younger quarterbacks. A team in dire need may just trade 1st round for 1st rounder if Jake is added. The teams that are likely canidates would be the N.Y. Jets, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington and Minnesota.

But in any trade the value factor will be there and I believe Washington, Minnesota and N.Y. Jets are more likely.

Comment

There was talk at one point Jake was being offered for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. This was with Tampa Bay Bucs around Thanksgiving or a few days before.

Comment

3rd is best case scenario...i think you will find little market for him.

Comment

I dunno, I think hes worth a first rounder. Your talking about a guy who wen 39-16 in his career here, Im sure someone is gonna be willing to throw a nice pick at us come the off season.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                        I have put thought into all of this, most teams are real happy even with their inconsistent quarterbacks or younger quarterbacks. A team in dire need may just trade 1st round for 1st rounder if Jake is added. The teams that are likely canidates would be the N.Y. Jets, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington and Minnesota.

But in any trade the value factor will be there and I believe Washington, Minnesota and N.Y. Jets are more likely.
                        If Jake were willing to be a backup I think the Broncos could still get something for him in a trade.

Lots of teams would like to have an experienced backup.

But Jake really screwed himself this season. The Broncos were in the AFC Championship last year and it was generally not perceived as Jake leading them there as much as Jake playing well enough so that a very good team with a bunch of other pro-bowl quality players like Tom Nalen, Rod Smith, Champ Bailey and Al Wilson get the team there.

Then against the Steelers he reverts to "bad Jake". So, that's the image in everybody's mind. Then this year instead of putting some solid play together to dispel that image he compounds the problem by playing his way out of a job and generally sinking the Broncos Super-bowl hopes.

(Personally I don't think it was all Jake's fault and don't believe this team is good enough to be a super-bowl contender, but that's many other threads).

But what other team wants to entrust their season to Jake Plummer right now?

Where can he get a better chance than in Denver? There's no team he can go to that's going to be better than the Broncos -- those few teams all HAVE good or great QBs (Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer) or young QBs who are playing very well right now ex: Romo).

Jake best bet is to go to a team without a young starter who can do the job, then when the young guy fails he gets his chance. But, I can't think of anybody right now.

The one possibilty that comes to mind is as an experienced backup for Donovan McNabb while he re-habs. But, as soon as he's healthy Philly is McNabb's team again, so Jake would not want to go there.

Most teams want a younger guy who has some upside potential. Clearly Jake's tenure in Denver was the highlight of his career, such as it was.
                        Last edited by Cugel; 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBean2144
                          There was talk at one point Jake was being offered for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. This was with Tampa Bay Bucs around Thanksgiving or a few days before.
                          I'm throwing the BS flag. The trade deadline has come and gone, no trade offers are being made. The only way Jake gets shipped to Oakland is them giving up their round 1 pick. Also it doesn't look like the Redskins will want Plummer.

Comment

Oakland?!?!?

What?!?!? Shannahan trade Plummer to Oakland!?!? Please.... Shanny would never ever trade with oakland!
                            HEY!!! BUT WAIT!!!!
                            Could this be some mastermind scheme of Shannahan?
                            Plummer's prime has come and gone. Could it be Shanahan wants Plummer to go to the Raiders?
                            It would be plummers' duty to ensure Broncos victory against the Raiders! atleast 3 ints a game plus maybe 5 more Ints to Champ! PERFECT!!!
                            We would always beat Oakland with Plummer throwing to Blue jersies on accident!
                            Even when Plummer recognizes the defence he still wont be able to stop it!
                            Shanny is truly a mastermind!!!
                            SEND HIM TO OAKLAND SHANNY!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Trade him to the Lions for R Williams straight up

Comment

Working...
                              X