No announcement yet.

Plummer's Trade Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean this as a slam but I don't if Jake will have much of any trade value. If we get an early second day pick we would be doing good. I'm not saying this out of dislike for him, because I don't dislike him. But he will be 32 years old in a matter of weeks I don't see any team being willing to give up first day pick for him.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 11-27-2006, 06:45 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I thought I heard on NFL Network from Adam Scheffer that if the Broncos trade Plummer it would cost them like 6-8 Mil against the salary cap so I dont see him being traded just released.

Comment

Im thinking Jake and Foster together as a package to move up in the first round and the second round.
        XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by utebroncofan
          I thought I heard on NFL Network from Adam Scheffer that if the Broncos trade Plummer it would cost them like 6-8 Mil against the salary cap so I dont see him being traded just released.
          That sounds like what will happen, unless he takes a massive paycut...

Comment

If we traded Jake he would have to workout a new contract before a trade could be completed. I'm not sure I understand how we take a cap hit if he signs a new contract with another team in trade.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by ElDudearino
              Trade him to the Lions for R Williams straight up
              Kitna > Plummer.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I don't mean this as a slam but I don't if Jake will have much of any trade value. If we get an early second day pick we would be doing good. I not saying this out of dislike for him, because I don't dislike him. But he will be 32 years old in a matter of weeks I don't see any team being willing to give up first day pick for him.
                I'm with you on this TX. I dont think Plummer has any trade value. He be our back up or he'll be released. I dont see how anyone thinks he'll be worth a first day pick. I dont think he will net more than a fifth rounder.

Comment

I'll pay a team $1000 of my money to get him off this team. He has no trade value whatsoever. I want to know which idiotic GM would trade for him.
                  sigpic
                  In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                    I'll pay a team $1000 of my money to get him off this team. He has no trade value whatsoever. I want to know which idiotic GM would trade for him.
                    Ted Sundquist and Shanny......OOOPS

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                      Ted Sundquist and Shanny......OOOPS
                      Well, four years ago we all had hope that Plummer would turn into somethin special. After a season and a few games into the next, that's when I found out why Arizona didn't want him back.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                        Well, four years ago we all had hope that Plummer would turn into somethin special. After a season and a few games into the next, that's when I found out why Arizona didn't want him back.
                        It went about the same for me. I was ok after the first indy loss but lost all confidence early the next year.

Comment

The guy is still 39-15 as a starter. This league is all about WINS!! I think he's proved this. Someone will take a chance, that's a given. Someone with a bigger ego than Shanny thinking his system will turn him into a star. Something like Shanny was thinking.

He has value. This is still a business and I just can't see releasing him. Hide and watch, he's not done in this league!!!

Comment

If he is traded or released prior to June 1st (presumably a team trading for him would want to do it early to solidify their roster), then the team will take a salary cap hit of at least $6.6 million, and possibly more, because details of one of his restructoring wasn't announced a few years back.

If he is released (and I believe traded) AFTER June 1st, then that same $6.6+ million salary cap hit can be spread over '07 and '08, or roughly $3.3 million each of those years.

So, part of it might have to do with when the Broncos want to take the hit. All in one year, or over the course of two. If they can swallow the whole hit in one year, then they get it out of the way. If on the other hand they are real tight, then they might need to wait until after June 1st and split the salary cap hit over 2 years, but also likely reduce the trade options if they wait so late in the offseason to trade him.
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

um

um tampa is going to sign simms back shann could not turn my dog into a star with this coaching stuff
                              Last edited by denverguy; 11-27-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cspeier
                                The guy is still 39-15 as a starter. This league is all about WINS!! I think he's proved this. Someone will take a chance, that's a given. Someone with a bigger ego than Shanny thinking his system will turn him into a star. Something like Shanny was thinking.

He has value. This is still a business and I just can't see releasing him. Hide and watch, he's not done in this league!!!
                                BLAH, BLAH, BLAH about the 39-15 record. A QB that is 10% better than Plummer would of had a better record here than 39-15. That stat is the most over rated stat in Plummer's whole stay here.

This team pretty much carried him to almost everyone of those wins like this year. You know it and every Football Fan knows it. Jake Plummer is a Loser in my book as a QB.

Sorry, if I sounded like an A-hole to you. That is not what I meant to do. I just get upset when People bring that up instead of telling you the real truth.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X