Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still i think Jake has a low value

Originally posted by cspeier
    The guy is still 39-15 as a starter. This league is all about WINS!! I think he's proved this. Someone will take a chance, that's a given. Someone with a bigger ego than Shanny thinking his system will turn him into a star. Something like Shanny was thinking.

He has value. This is still a business and I just can't see releasing him. Hide and watch, he's not done in this league!!!

that 39-15 wins are only when he was a Bronco thats only 3 seasons and 11 games total. When doing a trade you have to take account all 10 years. That means the 6 seasons he was in the Cardnals org. If you dont then its a bonehead trade. Plummer is too expensive as a starter.

Also Plummer will be difficult to trade, he's too old and most teams will want a QB thats young so the coach can mold them and make a offense that complents their talents. If anything Plummer will be traded only to be benched after the drafted QB is sitting on the bench long enough to absorb the playbook. Example lets say he gets sent to the Jets in a 4th round pick. The jets picked up a rookie QB and then Picked up Plummer as a tie over QB. Other words Plummer will just be a stop gap starter that will eventually become a 2nd string qb.

At best possible senario 6th round pick packaged only. Midcase 7th round pick solo. Worse we are forced to release him. With the 6th seasons and 11 games of this year will weigh the most vs the 3 good seasons he had prior to the 11 games.

Since this season Jake will probably be classified at best a back up reserve QB.
    thats how it crumbles Jake could have gotten a good deal if he pulled a Drew Breeze and gotten a better contract somewhere else but he shot himself in the foot. I dont feel sorry for the guy. He has more then enough money to retire on.

Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 11-27-2006, 10:10 PM. Reason: hit the 8 instead of the 7 im such a typo artist >.>
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

I mean come on, when can anybody remember where the Broncos played bad and Jake Plummer had a great game?

If the Broncos do bad, so does Jake Plummer. When the Broncos do good, Jake Plummer is either good or half decent.

I can't remember one game where his teammates were having a bad game but he still played great to get us a win.
      Last edited by Conde; 11-27-2006, 07:35 PM.
      sigpic
      In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Come to think of it neither can I.

Originally posted by Conde
        I mean come on, when can anybody remember where the Broncos played bad and Jake Plummer had a great game?

If the Broncos do bad, so does Jake Plummer. When the Broncos do good, Jake Plummer is either good or half decent.

I can't remember one game where his teammates were having a bad game but he still played great to get us a win.

Thats true i cant remember one game where Plummer just stepped up and won it for the team. Its always been the Team carrying him. Jake keeps his head above water when we win, and sinks like a rock when we loose. Im not dissing the guy, far from it, Im just stating that Jake doesnt have the same amount of talents as other QB's in the league to actually step up his game. Jake had 11 chances to turn his game around, he had glimers but thats what they were, just faint glimmers.

Its time to move on, Sunday is the start of a brand new era we should all be watching with antispiation.
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

The Vikes are going to be absolutely desperate for a QB at the end of the season. I know that they will probably draft one, but I'm betting that they'll be in the market for a stop-gap guy to play a couple of seasons ahead of what ever rookie they draft. We might get the best deal from them.
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
          - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
          - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
          - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

Donald Driver

I would like to trade him for Donald Driver WR -Green Bay Packers.If we had Driver and Walker in the colder months toward the end of the season we would be stronger,not to mention especially yards after catch.

Comment

Plummer is an Investment in a Business thats all about investments.

Originally posted by cspeier
              Your all just haters.. Your blinded by what you believe. You better hope he has value, for the Broncos sake!!!

All ten years, really?? This game is all about what you've done for me lately.

And Conde you DO sound like a A-hole. I hope your perfect in your profession. I love people who call other people a loser. Your not perfect dude! Why can't you just wish him luck? I know why, your a hater who needs someone to hate, to feel better about your life. I'm right and YOU know it!

Makes me want to barf!

Im guessing you never traded stock or actually waited when it was the right time to buy something.

I bet that if you had the money you would be one of the buyers of a PS3 waiting in line a very long line to buy the consol for 600 dollars instead of waiting til it got down low enough because you just had to have it. (no offense to anyone that bought a ps3, if i didnt have to work i would have been in line as well trying to get one and a wii too =P)

Anyway. would you actually as a GM trade away your draft pick for a QB who's only good seasons were when the team had good players to back him up for 3 solid seasons and then to see him faulter during this season in 11 games. No you wouldnt that would put your next year into jepordy. You would have to take all 10 years into account its the most logical point of view.

Players go very hot and cool down season to season. Plummer struggled all the way up to when he got with the Broncos then he struggled these 11 games. Thats a tell tell sign saying maybe we should be cautious when trading for this guy. Honestly would you give someone like Plummer who has average talents 60million or 70 million and limiting your cap? No you wouldnt you would pay him what he's worth and expand your salary cap so you can get more players. Its logical and its the correct thing.

Were lucky if we do get a pick in the top 8 days of the draft but honestly they might just play the waiting game and wait til plummer is released then pick him up as a reserve QB or to be a stop gap QB to give enough time for their rookie to absorb the playbook. Plummer knew he was gonna leave the Denver org, it was clear as day when they drafted Cutler I dont know why its a shock for alot of people to see Cutler comming in when Plummer's lackluster performance. Cutler is the future of the Denver Orgization. It just so happens Plummer was the one who kept the seat warm for a talent like Cutler to come along and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                I would like to trade him for Donald Driver WR -Green Bay Packers.If we had Driver and Walker in the colder months toward the end of the season we would be stronger,not to mention especially yards after catch.
                I don't think GB is that stupid.
                R.I.P D.Will

Thanks Tned

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                  Thats true i cant remember one game where Plummer just stepped up and won it for the team. Its always been the Team carrying him. Jake keeps his head above water when we win, and sinks like a rock when we loose. Im not dissing the guy, far from it, Im just stating that Jake doesnt have the same amount of talents as other QB's in the league to actually step up his game. Jake had 11 chances to turn his game around, he had glimers but thats what they were, just faint glimmers.

Its time to move on, Sunday is the start of a brand new era we should all be watching with antispiation.

well i dont think thats true....all the come from behind wins i think jake pretty much won it for the broncos.....not to mention there were some games where jake brought us in position to win but other players couldnt make the plays to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
                    I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Plummer's trade value is realistically. I've heard 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and 3rd round pick. So far a 2nd round pick sounds most likely.
                    Steve McNair, only two years from earning co-MVP, got a 4th offered for him. I don't think anyone is going to give up a second for a transition QB. I think if we can get a 3rd offered, we LEAP and laugh like Crazy!! If we get a fourth, we walk away with a happy gate. Most likely we won't get any trade offers, and will have to simply release him in June.

Comment

I agree BroncoKazuki.. I've sold stocks, I've purchased stocks. However, I've also over-sold stuff because I found the right buyer. That's all I'm saying. His record, his passion, his experience has a price.
                      Last edited by JWinn; 11-27-2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Please get back on topic people. Leave this personal stuff out of it.

There's plenty of threads to express your love or hate for the guy. It's about his VALUE, or at least what everyone thinks it might be, not how much we like or hate him.

Further personal attacks will be deleted, and subject to harsher action. That's up to you.
                        Last edited by JWinn; 11-27-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                          Please get back on topic people. Leave this personal stuff out of it.

There's plenty of threads to express your love or hate for the guy. It's about his VALUE, or at lest what everyone thinks it might be, not how much we like or hate him.

Further personal attacks will be deleted, and subject to harsher action. That's up to you.
                          Sorry! I'll get back on topic.

Hope we get at least a 7th Round Pick for him. But most of all, I just want him out of a Denver Broncos uniform forever. I could careless if he get's cut, I just want him gone. He's the main reason why this team couldn't be better than what it could of been.
                          sigpic
                          In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

I guess since he's the "MAIN REASON" we're just average, I want him to stick around so guys have something to talk about. I also think he's worth a "FIRST ROUND" draft choice because Shanny needs to stop looking like a fool. Maybe he can get 200K from him to payoff Lelie????

Comment

If we could almost get a 6th rounder... with CHARLIE ADAMS.

We can get atleast a fourth from Plummer. Possibly higher.
                              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                                that 39-15 wins are only when he was a Bronco thats only 3 seasons and 11 games total. When doing a trade you have to take account all 10 years. That means the 6 seasons he was in the Cardnals org. If you dont then its a bonehead trade. Plummer is too expensive as a starter.

Also Plummer will be difficult to trade, he's too old and most teams will want a QB thats young so the coach can mold them and make a offense that complents their talents. If anything Plummer will be traded only to be benched after the drafted QB is sitting on the bench long enough to absorb the playbook. Example lets say he gets sent to the Jets in a 4th round pick. The jets picked up a rookie QB and then Picked up Plummer as a tie over QB. Other words Plummer will just be a stop gap starter that will eventually become a 2nd string qb.

At best possible senario 6th round pick packaged only. Midcase 8th round pick solo. Worse we are forced to release him. With the 6th seasons and 11 games of this year will weigh the most vs the 3 good seasons he had prior to the 11 games.

Since this season Jake will probably be classified at best a back up reserve QB.
                                thats how it crumbles Jake could have gotten a good deal if he pulled a Drew Breeze and gotten a better contract somewhere else but he shot himself in the foot. I dont feel sorry for the guy. He has more then enough money to retire on.

what? nfl only has 7 rounds in the draft, this isnt baseball where theres like 30 rounds

Comment

Working...
                                X