• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morambar
    replied
    This one and the last one.

Originally posted by ohyeah
    I agree. To tell you the truth, Reuben Droughns was a back that could move a pile, and drive his legs. I would have like him to stay around awhile. Niether of the Bells seem to be able to move the pile or make that one cut to break free.

But as I have said it really is the defense, even though they have given up some points to a couple of teams, that have kept us in this season.
    An interesting tidbit I noticed in that link someone posted where SI was talking about Vick being traded to the Broncos (though it actually said the Raiders) is that Droughns is on the bench now and has stated he "doesn't know why. " I think Mike Anderson's had, like, four carries this year. It might be possible to get either of those guys back cheaply if their new teams aren't using them. Though to be perfectly honest, I liked Anderson more for his catching and blocking; he moved piles better than the Bells, but he's not Jerome Bettis. I kinda hoped Ron Dayne (who's also on the bench with Kubiaks Texans) would be our feature back this year; he blocks better than Tatum, catches and hits the hole hard. I honestly don't know what's up with the NCAA career rushing leader; every time I see him bust 50 yard run up the gut with LBs bouncing off him he's on the bench next week....

But yeah, I personally believe the D has kept us in the last two seasons, and the business of the D making a big stop close to the goal line and being brought out to do it again five minutes later was foreshadowed then, most memorably, for me, at the end of the Giants game when Champ got a pick as they were driving for the go ahead TD and we got two first downs then missed a FG and the D was asked, once again, to save a TD (they didn't. ) Was a big game; after that I knew we couldn't get home field against Indy, and sure enough, when the dust cleared we were 13-3 and they were 14-2.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralSterlingPrice
    replied
    Originally posted by Morambar
    Didya see the game against the Pats? That D everyone seems to have turned on won us that game, not the offense. We rode the defence last year and tried to ride it again this year, but we didn't have Mike Anderson to help us with TOP. Hopefully things will improve now, but I'd be a lot happier, really, if we had a back who could move the pile. I haven't been happy with Jakes play either, but you can't run nine minutes off the clock every drive throwing lots of passes.

I agree. To tell you the truth, Reuben Droughns was a back that could move a pile, and drive his legs. I would have like him to stay around awhile. Niether of the Bells seem to be able to move the pile or make that one cut to break free.

But as I have said it really is the defense, even though they have given up some points to a couple of teams, that have kept us in this season.
    Last edited by GeneralSterlingPrice; 11-29-2006, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Morambar
    replied
    Please....

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
    Um.. ..even if Indy beat the Steelers, we woulda been in the AFC Championship game, and yes Jake led us there...weather it be in our house or Indys....

PEACE!!!
    Didya see the game against the Pats? That D everyone seems to have turned on won us that game, not the offense. We rode the defence last year and tried to ride it again this year, but we didn't have Mike Anderson to help us with TOP. Hopefully things will improve now, but I'd be a lot happier, really, if we had a back who could move the pile. I haven't been happy with Jakes play either, but you can't run nine minutes off the clock every drive throwing lots of passes.

Leave a comment:

• Neversummer672
    replied
    You just want someone to agree with you..Sad....
    So would you call the other cutler supporters SAD??????

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
    Agreed. It destroyed me last season when we came so close to the Super Bowl last season and fell just short. I hope and pray that Cutler can lead us their and I believe he eventually will.
    I bet Shannahan feels the same way

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    You just want someone to agree with you
    No, it's just nice to see that some fans can see the big picture.....and are not blinded by thier own ignorance.

*edit* thanks for removing the "GOLDTOOTH" reference......

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• GeneralSterlingPrice
    replied
    Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
    Wow, again...well put post!!!!

PEACE!!!

You just want someone to agree with you..Sad....
    Last edited by GeneralSterlingPrice; 11-29-2006, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralSterlingPrice
    replied
    Originally posted by Neversummer672
    So name a quaterback that hasn't thrown a pick this year, also name me a quaterback that hasn't missed a oppurtunity!!!! You standards are way to high!!! jake is jake is has his good games and bad games. I hope jay does well you don't understand whats at stake if jay fails to be productive, we lose jake,jay and most likley shanny if jay performance tanks out, right now we have no comparrison on how jay will do but start him anyways! Your simply a fan that likes eye candy you want a perfect offensive high scoring game, jake cannot produce those, so bench jake!!! also jakes 39-18 as our starter isn't good enough for you!! some of you fans don't understand jake plays at a certain level,we win 3 out of 4 games..... jay we have no idea!!!! were heading into and that dosn't make you afriad at all?
    I don't know what a quaterback is. And uncertainty is exactly what we had with "The Snake" I was uncertain whether he was going to throw an interception or and incompletion.
    Last edited by GeneralSterlingPrice; 11-29-2006, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by Neversummer672
    So name a quaterback that hasn't thrown a pick this year, also name me a quaterback that hasn't missed a oppurtunity!!!! You standards are way to high!!! jake is jake is has his good games and bad games. I hope jay does well you don't understand whats at stake if jay fails to be productive, we lose jake,jay and most likley shanny if jay performance tanks out, right now we have no comparrison on how jay will do but start him anyways! Your simply a fan that likes eye candy you want a perfect offensive high scoring game, jake cannot produce those, so bench jake!!! also jakes 39-18 as our starter isn't good enough for you!! some of you fans don't understand jake plays at a certain level,we win 3 out of 4 games..... jay we have no idea!!!! were heading into uncertainty and that dosn't make you afriad at all?

Wow, again...well put post!!!!

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Neversummer672
    replied
    I don't blame him for everything that is wrong, but I don't praise him for for it either. It is his job to manage the team, and he managed to find a way to throw the ball in the dirt or to the wrong team. You blindly love him, even though you know he is the MAIN reason for at least 3 of our losses this year by himself AND the AFC championship loss. He picked THAT game to revert! He misses at least 6 plays every game. If it were not for the defense, the Denver Broncos would be 2-9. Jake Plummer could not run the plays given to him, even tough the Playbook was dumbed down for him. This thread was not started as a Plummer Basher, A Plummer Lover made it that way. And I don't care if he throws for 50 yards as long as the game is won, but how many passes did he throw against KC before he was picked? People are sick and tired of hearing how he got a raw deal and he should still be starting, and all that garbage, he didn't win all those games by himself, his fat was pulled out of the fire on more than one occasion. Love him somewhere else, several teams will need a backup next season. If you don't like this opinion, then don't respond to my threads, because I didn't mean for this to go this way. This is a moot point anyway because barring injury to the Broncos starting QB, Plummer won't be back.
    So name a quaterback that hasn't thrown a pick this year, also name me a quaterback that hasn't missed a oppurtunity!!!! You standards are way to high!!! jake is jake is has his good games and bad games. I hope jay does well you don't understand whats at stake if jay fails to be productive, we lose jake,jay and most likley shanny if jay performance tanks out, right now we have no comparrison on how jay will do but start him anyways! Your simply a fan that likes eye candy you want a perfect offensive high scoring game, jake cannot produce those, so bench jake!!! also jakes 39-18 as our starter isn't good enough for you!! some of you fans don't understand jake plays at a certain level,we win 3 out of 4 games..... jay we have no idea!!!! were heading into uncertainty and that dosn't make you afriad at all?
    Last edited by Neversummer672; 11-29-2006, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by avspunk
    The thing is, as a veteran quaterback you should step up to the challenge of an organization bringing in a top round qb...example (brees, rivers). Brees didn't really show anything special, but once his job was in jeopardy he fought and became the comeback player of the year. Jake had the chance to prove himself, yet it shook his confidence. He didnt rise to the challenge the Denver organization threw at him. If he can't rise to this challenge I don't think his play could have ever brought us to the Superbowl yet win it for us. That's the main reason the Denver Broncos arent sticking by Jake and why they stuck by Elway. Elway always rose to the occasion. nuff said

Veteran or rookie, it's hard to "Rise to the Challenge" when you don't get any pass protection, run support and you receivers DROP PASSES that should be caught.

I am not a Jake Supporter nor am I a Cutler Supporter. I support whoever is our QB.

I just feel that a lot of blame was put on Jake that should have been put on the team......

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• gobroncsnv
    replied
    So do you think Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Jake? IF Jake would have won a SB ring, to me, it would have been more like Dilfer than Elway's style. The Ravens stayed together, and didn't have a total meltdown. Showing you can win a SuperBowl that way as well. Elway presided over the worst blowouts in the history of the game... There is no way I blame it all on him. But when a player of John's caliber (best ever, IMO) can't get a win when the whole team falls apart, I darn sure don't expect Jake (a lesser QB) to win. That is how I look at this.

Leave a comment:

• avspunk
    replied
    The thing is, as a veteran quaterback you should step up to the challenge of an organization bringing in a top round qb...example (brees, rivers). Brees didn't really show anything special, but once his job was in jeopardy he fought and became the comeback player of the year. Jake had the chance to prove himself, yet it shook his confidence. He didnt rise to the challenge the Denver organization threw at him. If he can't rise to this challenge I don't think his play could have ever brought us to the Superbowl yet win it for us. That's the main reason the Denver Broncos arent sticking by Jake and why they stuck by Elway. Elway always rose to the occasion. nuff said
    Last edited by avspunk; 11-28-2006, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gobroncsnv
    replied
    To me, the reason it was SO CRUSHING is because of the WHOLE TEAM playing so badly... I think the water boys even spilled a few drops that day. If Cutler plays great, with as bad a game as the rest of the team had that day, we would still lose.

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
    Agreed. It destroyed me last season when we came so close to the Super Bowl last season and fell just short. I hope and pray that Cutler can lead us their and I believe he eventually will.

Dude it killed me last year when that happend. I was simply crushed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X