Seattle does not look ready to play a team like Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle does not look ready to play a team like Denver

me living in WA and having friends who are seahawks fans I see alot of the games, this year they look like a whole different team, this monday night game they were decent but they still looked soft

they don't look ready to me, if matt throws half the balls he did today they will get picked off and green bays rush defense was just horrible, we should seriously dominate this game

Seattle looks soft and there defense has a bunch of holes they can exploit.

I couldn't see us losing this game even if Plummer was the starter

I say we picked a great game to start Cutler.

I hope it snows now on sunday night, the seahawks diddn't look too comfortable when is coming down.

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
    me living in WA and having friends who are seahawks fans I see alot of the games, this year they look like a whole different team, this monday night game they were decent but they still looked soft

they don't look ready to me, if matt throws half the balls he did today they will get picked off and green bays rush defense was just horrible, we should seriously dominate this game

Seattle looks soft and there defense has a bunch of holes they can exploit.

I couldn't see us losing this game even if Plummer was the starter

I say we picked a great game to start Cutler.

I hope it snows now on sunday night, the seahawks diddn't look too comfortable when is coming down.
    Granted, it is Green Bay's defense, but Shawn Alexander looks really good. 40 carries for 201 yds (5.0 ypc). Stopping him will be paramount next week.

Comment

We need to hold them under 14 points, Cutler will not do well in his first start. Not to beat a dead horse but if we do not get a decent seed for the playoffs this year I believe this will go down as Shanahans morst dubious decision since he has been here.

Comment

Yep and we have a lot more time to prepare for them they will have about 3 good days we will have about 5 so we should win this one and come out of are slump but then its to SD I don't like to look ahead but we need a win in that game to stand a chance at winning the division.

Comment

Dont forget we havent looked that good either

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever
            Dont forget we havent looked that good either
            Greenbay Packers, thats who they were playin

we were playing AFC top teams

Comment

Reasons to worry:

1)The two stars are healthy.

2)Seattle ran the ball with efficiency (consistent gains).

3)Alexander looked the best he has all year.

4)DJ Hackett gives them 3 solid receiving options--a better trio than anyone we've played this year.

5)Nate Burleson has all the sudden become an excellent returner.

Reasons to not worry:

1)Their defense is still struggling, mightily.

2)Hasselbeck was a tad rusty in his first game back, although that may mean nothing by Sunday night.

3)Their defense is still struggling, mightily.

-------------

Hopefully we can establish our running game...that's all I can point to.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                Reasons to worry:

1)The two stars are healthy.

2)Seattle ran the ball with efficiency (consistent gains).

3)Alexander looked the best he has all year.

4)DJ Hackett gives them 3 solid receiving options--a better trio than anyone we've played this year.

Reasons to not worry:

1)Their defense is still struggling, mightily.

2)Hasselbeck was a tad rusty in his first game back, although that may mean nothing by Sunday night.

3)Their defense is still struggling, mightily.

-------------

Hopefully we can establish our running game...that's all I can point to.
                From the looks of this list it doesn't look like our chances are good.

Comment

Thats a big bright spot I noticed too.

but Seattle just isnt a team I see us losing too.

Comment

One word son - DUMMERVILLE!

But in all seriousness, we'll be fine. Jeramy Stevens had trouble catching snowflakes tonight let alone footballs, there receivers can be neutralized, and hasslebeck is still a bit rusty. He'll be much sharper next week, I promise, but Alexander looked good against arguably one of the worst defenses in the NFL tonight, he can be snuffed. Even before everyone was injured early on he didnt look very good.

Comment

unfortunately....seattle is healthier now.....

they have very powerful offense(like Cincy) and they will score quickly.
                      if we give 5-6 seconds to matt, we will have long day.

it doesn't look easy...

since it is played in denver, i think we will win this game.

Comment

If we can run the ball like we're capable of, we should be OK. Plus we are playing at home, and that's always cool.

Just don't know what to expect from Mr. Cutler.

Comment

If we can run the ball like we're capable of, we should be OK. Plus we are playing at home, and that's always cool.

Just don't know what to expect from Mr. Cutler.
                          I know you said the defense isn't very good latley, but have they been good at stopping the run, or are they just terrible all around?

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                            Granted, it is Green Bay's defense, but Shawn Alexander looks really good. 40 carries for 201 yds (5.0 ypc). Stopping him will be paramount next week.
                            Holy Cow!!! 40 CARRIES! Well, we got our work cut out for us.
                            sigpic

Comment

I disagree. I think Seattle will be a very difficult team to beat. Their offense looked to stall early on, and Hasselbeck had some rust to shed, but they did very well given the conditions (a rarity for the Seattle team) and the injuries they have sustained. Their starting Center Tobeck and RT Locklear were out for the game. Alexander and Hasselbeck were both coming off of injuries, and despite it all they did big things on the ground and in the air. Given Hasselbeck threw a lot of interceptions, but I don't forsee a similar performance next week with another week of practice under his belt. I imagine he may be prone to a few mistakes against our defense, but I expect to see a much more polished looking offense next week.

The Seahawks defense continued to start slow and look better as things progressed. They certienly seem to be a 2nd half D. They are terrible tacklers, and that will help the Broncos running game, but they do have a fairly skilled secondary (even though I still think K. Herndon is over rated). Cutler should be careful against Seattle, they have a lot of speed, but I think they are very vulnerable underneath. If we can make the Seahawks worry about the run, get a screen or two in there, and make a few short/quick passes, Seattle will over react. Thats what they did in the Superbowl against the Steelers and they still seem to have a tendency to do it. I'd also expect more then a few bootlegs from the Broncos. Just because Plummer isn't behind center doesn't mean we still don't have a mobile QB. That's my predictions anyhow, not owrth much I know, maybe about :2cents:
                              sigpic
                              The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                              Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Working...
                              X