The Plummer Cards/Broncos Parallel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plummer Cards/Broncos Parallel

I find it quite interesting the parrellel between happened to Jake In AZ and what is happening now in Denver.

I was a Cardinals Season Ticket holder when Jake was quarterback for the Cardinals. It is amazing that the Broncos discussions boards today are so similar to Cardinals boards in the late 90's. (For the record I am now a Denver Broncos season ticket holder.)

The Cardinals decided to move in another direction, hoping that a QB change would help there losing ways. It actually backfired. They have not improved, even reaching some of the milstones Jake helped to reach...Playoff/Playoff win. It has never been done before or since Jake Plummer. I dont believe they have won more than 6 games since he left.

I am really shocked that a team 7-4, in the playoff hunt, would bench a veteran who has played in huge games on every level. I believe it is a huge mistake to bench Plummer this late in the season. We were this close to beating Indy and had the Chargers beat until we fell apart. 2 bad (loses) games in 4 day stretch and we make the biggest position change on the field?

I think Seattle fans have got to be happy about this move. I know I would be if I were them. If we cannot run the ball and stop the run we will lose, despite who the QB is.

We really dont know what Cutler can do, but we will find out. He has a heavy burden to carry. Cutler must now live up to the hype. Shanny says he gives us the best chance of winning.......I hope he is right.... Shanny better be ready to run the ball and defend the blitz....

Originally posted by sundevil1
    I find it quite interesting the parrellel between happened to Jake In AZ and what is happening now in Denver.

I was a Cardinals Season Ticket holder when Jake was quarterback for the Cardinals. It is amazing that the Broncos discussions boards today are so similar to Cardinals boards in the late 90's. (For the record I am now a Denver Broncos season ticket holder.)

The Cardinals decided to move in another direction, hoping that a QB change would help there losing ways. It actually backfired. They have not improved, even reaching some of the milstones Jake helped to reach...Playoff/Playoff win. It has never been done before or since Jake Plummer. I dont believe they have won more than 6 games since he left.

I am really shocked that a team 7-4, in the playoff hunt, would bench a veteran who has played in huge games on every level. I believe it is a huge mistake to bench Plummer this late in the season. We were this close to beating Indy and had the Chargers beat until we fell apart. 2 bad (loses) games in 4 day stretch and we make the biggest position change on the field?

I think Seattle fans have got to be happy about this move. I know I would be if I were them. If we cannot run the ball and stop the run we will lose, despite who the QB is.

We really dont know what Cutler can do, but we will find out. He has a heavy burden to carry. Cutler must now live up to the hype. Shanny says he gives us the best chance of winning.......I hope he is right.... Shanny better be ready to run the ball and defend the blitz....
    Nice 1st post man. At this point we cant really say whether or not benching Jake for Cutler is the right move. We as fans can only hope for the best. Cutler has huge potential and Jake was playing at a rookie level right now. So if he's gonna play like a rookie and make rookie mistakes, we might as well put the rookie in. The only thing that I'm concerned about right now is, What is Shanahan doing to fix the other problems we are having on offense?
    sigpic

Comment

I appreciate your point of view, and do actually like Jake Plummer.

But, wouldn't you think that it's a bad thing that people are still saying the same thing after 10 years? Don't you think maybe, just maybe, the people are right? I can understand the frustration both he and the fans had in Arizona, but this is Denver. He has higher expectations, and didn't exactly come through in the playoffs. Show me 2 career playoff wins, and I'll show you a 72.7 passer rating in the postseason, which isn't exactly stellar. Jake has heart, but in the big games, he's streaky at best.

Will Jay be better? Who knows. Time will tell. But I honestly can't see how Cutler doesn't give us a much better chance to win. Plummer was playing at a rookie's level, why not insert the rookie that has a better arm?

I don't agree with how it was done, and I think Jake is a good player, and hope he catches on somewhere if the Cutler thing is in fact permanent. But it just boils down to this Cutler kid has too much promise, and Jake, god love him, just doesn't play well under the pressure.

Just my :2cents:

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by twotone
        I appreciate your point of view, and do actually like Jake Plummer.

But, wouldn't you think that it's a bad thing that people are still saying the same thing after 10 years? Don't you think maybe, just maybe, the people are right? I can understand the frustration both he and the fans had in Arizona, but this is Denver. He has higher expectations, and didn't exactly come through in the playoffs. Show me 2 career playoff wins, and I'll show you a 72.7 passer rating in the postseason, which isn't exactly stellar. Jake has heart, but in the big games, he's streaky at best.

Will Jay be better? Who knows. Time will tell. But I honestly can't see how Cutler doesn't give us a much better chance to win. Plummer was playing at a rookie's level, why not insert the rookie that has a better arm?

I don't agree with how it was done, and I think Jake is a good player, and hope he catches on somewhere if the Cutler thing is in fact permanent. But it just boils down to this Cutler kid has too much promise, and Jake, god love him, just doesn't play well under the pressure.

Just my :2cents:
        Hey, thanks! I've been racking my brains for a great description of Plummer's performance and THAT is IT! Performing like a rookie, well doggone it! Let's just insert a rookie QB! I don't like the QB change but hey! like the way we gotta trust the players, we gotta trust the coaches too. And if we were waiting on Plummer to show Jake the Snake, we'd just as we see if Jay could cut it, hehehe.

Comment

I think Cutler provides a deep threat that can work if the running game still stinks.

We had two negatives last week in a poor running game and a QB with a weak arm and very slow release. This week we still have the poor running game but a QB with a gun arm that might be ablr to open up the middle of the field with his arm.

It's a chance worth taking for now and the future.
          www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Working...
          X