Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF the season ended TODAY!!! (After week 12)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IF the season ended TODAY!!! (After week 12)

    Didn't get one of these in last week...didn't have enough time before our game!!

    Anyway...last time I did this, after week 10, we were in position to have a first round bye.

    Now we're right in the hunt of just barely making the playoffs.

    We turn to Cutler in hopes of saving our season, and every win here counts.

    Here's how the AFC Looks right now, along with scenerios and predictions from me

    AFC:

    1. Indy 10-1
    2. Baltimore 9-2
    3. San Diego 9-2
    4. New England 8-3
    5. Kansas City 7-4 (1st WC)
    6. Denver 7-4 (2nd WC)

    In the Hunt:

    7. NY Jets 6-5
    8. Cincy 6-5
    9. Jacksonville 6-5

    Yep, that's right...three AFC West teams would be in the playoffs. That means a 50% chance (On paper at least) that the AFC champ comes from the AFC west, and a 25% chance that the Superbowl Champ comes from the AFC West.

    Explanations:
    Indy is first because they have the best record in the AFC.

    Baltimore is second because they defeated San Diego 16-13 earlier in the season.

    San Diego is third because they are tied with Baltimore for the second best record, but don't have the tie breaker over them.

    New England is fourth because they have the worst record among division leaders.

    Kansas City is fifth because they have a better division record than Denver (3-1 to 3-2). If KC and Denver finish with equal records, and equal division record, Denver would have the tiebreaker (AFC Conference Record) over Kansas City.

    Denver is sixth because they have the best record among remaining non divisonal leaders. In order for Denver to move up to fifth seed, they would need to win their last division game and have Kansas City lose one of their remaining two.

    Cincy is 7th because between the three 6-5 teams, they have a better AFC Record.

    The Jets are 8th because among them and Jax they have the best AFC record.
    Even though Jacksonville beat the Jets, they did not beat Cincy, and therefore do not have the tie breaker over both teams.
    In order for the Jets to move into the sixth seed next week they would need to win and Kansas City would need to lose, AND cincy would need to lose.
    Because Denver has a better AFC record than them, the only way for them to be in next week is to win and have KC, and Cincy lose.

    Jacksonville is ninth because of the tiebreaker between the three 6-5 teams in the AFC, they were last. In order for Jacksonville to move into 6th next week, they'll need The Jets, Cincy, and KC to lose, and they will need to win.


    MATCH-UPs
    Wild Card Week:

    Baltimore and Indy have bye weeks.

    Denver @ SD (Predicted outcome: San Diego 31 Denver 21)
    KC @ New England (Predicted outcome: Kansas City 21, New England 17)

    Divsional Week (Based on predicted outcomes):

    KC @ Indy (Predicted outcome: Indy 45, Kansas City 17)
    San Dieo @ Baltimore (Predicted outcome: San Diego 28, Baltimore 10)

    AFC Championship Week: (based on predicted outcomes)

    SD @ Indy (Predicted outcome: Indy 45, San Diego 42 in OT)

    AFC Champion: INDY

    NFC Standings and scenerios and predictions will be posted later tonight.

    What do you guys think?

    As always, feel free to comment, and let me know if you think you see an error!

    New Look at what could have been if the season ended in these weeks!

    If the season ended after week 10, it would've looked like THIS
    If the season ended after week 9 it would've looked like THIS
    If the season ended after week 8, it would've looked like THIS
    And finally, if the season ended after week 7, it would've looked like THIS
    Last edited by RunYouOver; 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM.
    Administrator

    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by RunYouOver
    Didn't get one of these in last week...didn't have enough time before our game!!

    Anyway...last time I did this, after week 10, we were in position to have a first round bye.

    Now we're right in the hunt of just barely making the playoffs.

    We turn to Cutler in hopes of saving our season, and every win here counts.

    Here's how the AFC Looks right now, along with scenerios and predictions from me

    AFC:

    1. Indy 10-1
    2. Baltimore 9-2
    3. San Diego 9-2
    4. New England 8-3
    5. Kansas City 7-4 (1st WC)
    6. Denver 7-4 (2nd WC)

    In the Hunt:

    7. NY Jets 6-5
    8. Cincy 6-5
    9. Jacksonville 6-5

    Yep, that's right...three AFC West teams would be in the playoffs. That means a 50% chance (On paper at least) that the AFC champ comes from the AFC west, and a 25% chance that the Superbowl Champ comes from the AFC West.

    Explanations:
    Indy is first because they have the best record in the AFC.

    Baltimore is second because they defeated San Diego 16-13 earlier in the season.

    San Diego is third because they are tied with Baltimore for the second best record, but don't have the tie breaker over them.

    New England is fourth because they have the worst record among division leaders.

    Kansas City is fifth because they have a better division record than Denver (3-1 to 3-2). If KC and Denver finish with equal records, and equal division record, Denver would have the tiebreaker (AFC Conference Record) over Kansas City.

    Denver is sixth because they have the best record among remaining non divisonal leaders. In order for Denver to move up to fifth seed, they would need to win their last division game and have Kansas City lose one of their remaining two.

    Cincy is 7th because between the three 6-5 teams, they have a better AFC Record.

    The Jets are 8th because among them and Jax they have the best AFC record.
    Even though Jacksonville beat the Jets, they did not beat Cincy, and therefore do not have the tie breaker over both teams.
    In order for the Jets to move into the sixth seed next week they would need to win and Kansas City would need to lose, AND cincy would need to lose.
    Because Denver has a better AFC record than them, the only way for them to be in next week is to win and have KC, and Cincy lose.

    Jacksonville is ninth because of the tiebreaker between the three 6-5 teams in the AFC, they were last. In order for Jacksonville to move into 6th next week, they'll need The Jets, Cincy, and KC to lose, and they will need to win.


    MATCH-UPs
    Wild Card Week:

    Baltimore and Indy have bye weeks.

    Denver @ SD (Predicted outcome: San Diego 31 Denver 21)
    KC @ New England (Predicted outcome: Kansas City 21, New England 17)

    Divsional Week (Based on predicted outcomes):

    KC @ Indy (Predicted outcome: Indy 45, Kansas City 17)
    San Dieo @ Baltimore (Predicted outcome: San Diego 28, Baltimore 10)

    AFC Championship Week: (based on predicted outcomes)

    SD @ Indy (Predicted outcome: Indy 45, San Diego 42 in OT)

    AFC Champion: INDY

    NFC Standings and scenerios and predictions will be posted later tonight.

    What do you guys think?

    As always, feel free to comment, and let me know if you think you see an error!
    I like your KC over NE, but not SD over Denver.

    I give you credit for being honest

    great work, cp when they replenish

    btw what a wild AFC championship game that would be. I would be rooting for SD so that would be disappointing.
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

    Comment


    • #3
      Pretty impressive. I can buy the Colts repping the AFC for the Super Bowl.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JellyBean2144
        Pretty impressive. I can buy the Colts repping the AFC for the Super Bowl.
        The Colts are vulnerable to a team that can get consistent pressure from their DL on Manning WITHOUT blitzing.

        Manning just LOVES the blitz and destroys it with quick passes over the middle.

        But if you can get in his face and force him to throw before he wants to you can shut down the Colts offense.

        The Steelers did it last year and the Patriots did it the two yhears before that, the 2nd time in Indy.

        This year the Cowboys showed having a strong DL push is key to beating the Colts and they've been the only ones to do it.

        I'm not yet convinced that Manning & Co. will win the SB. They looked awfully good last year and people were talking about an undefeated season.

        Nobody picked Pittsburgh to come out of a wild-card berth and smoke Jacksonville, Indy and Denver on consecutive weeks, but they did. The same thing could happen again this year with some team getting hot and shuting down the Colts.

        If that happens they're done because their defense basically sucks. Without Manning that's basically a 9-7 team watching the playoffs in January on TV.

        I wouldn't start ordering the champagne just yet if I were a Colts fan.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cugel
          The Colts are vulnerable to a team that can get consistent pressure from their DL on Manning WITHOUT blitzing.

          Manning just LOVES the blitz and destroys it with quick passes over the middle.

          But if you can get in his face and force him to throw before he wants to you can shut down the Colts offense.

          The Steelers did it last year and the Patriots did it the two yhears before that, the 2nd time in Indy.

          This year the Cowboys showed having a strong DL push is key to beating the Colts and they've been the only ones to do it.

          I'm not yet convinced that Manning & Co. will win the SB. They looked awfully good last year and people were talking about an undefeated season.

          Nobody picked Pittsburgh to come out of a wild-card berth and smoke Jacksonville, Indy and Denver on consecutive weeks, but they did. The same thing could happen again this year with some team getting hot and shuting down the Colts.

          If that happens they're done because their defense basically sucks. Without Manning that's basically a 9-7 team watching the playoffs in January on TV.

          I wouldn't start ordering the champagne just yet if I were a Colts fan.

          Oh no question....I'm not completely convinced the Colts should even be the favorite for the superbowl this year. I think with who they might have to play in the AFC though, they have a legit shot.

          As much as I think talent wise, there may be 8 teams in the AFC that are better than maybe all but one or 2 teams in the NFC. The AFC is much better, but with Indy cruising through, I still think they would face a LOT of trouble playing Chicago or Dallas again, the two favorites right now in the NFC, because of their D-Line's and the pressure they put on the QB.

          If the season ended today, like I posted, I'd have Indy in the Superbowl....later tonight when I have another 20-30 minutes to work on the NFC section, I'll put in my predictions for the NFC and Superbowl Champs.

          You'll all have to wait for now to hear my prediction!
          Administrator

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I dont agree with san diego over denver because if it ended today the broncos would have only lost to them 2 weeks ago and would hav e beat them in the playoffs.

            B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

            Mock Draft:

            **If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

            1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
            2) Devin Thomas
            4) Frank Okam
            4) Beau Bell

            **If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

            1) Desean Jackson
            2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
            4) Frank Okam
            4) Beau Bell

            Comment


            • #7
              Not enough time tonight....I'll get the NFC in tomorrow!
              Administrator

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                NFC Scenerios, if the season ended today, and predictions are finally in!

                1. Chicago 9-2
                2. New Orleans 7-4
                3. Seattle 7-4
                4. Dallas 7-4
                5. NY Giants 6-5 (1st WC)
                6. Carolina 6-5 (2nd WC)

                In The Hunt:

                7. 5 teams.

                Chicago is first because they have the best record. They can clinch their division with a win next week.

                New Orleans is second because they have the best conference record out of them Seattle and Dallas.

                Seattle is third because they have the best conference record between them and Dallas.

                Dallas is fourth because they have the worst conference record among 7-4 division leaders.

                The Giants are fifth because they have a better conference record than Carolina.

                Carolina is sixth because they have the best record among remainning non division leaders.


                Match-ups:

                Wild Card Week:

                Chicago and NO have bye weeks.

                Carolina @ Seattle (Predicted Outcome: Seattle 10, Carolina 7.)

                Giants @ Dallas (Predicted Outcome: Dallas 31, Giants 14)

                Divisional Week:

                Chicago @ Dallas (Dallas 17, Chicago 7)
                NO @ Seattle (Predicted outcome: New Orleans 27, Seattle 14)

                Championship Week:

                Dallas @ New Orleans (Predicted Outcome: Dallas 27, New Orleans 24, OT)

                SUPER BOWL WEEK:

                Dallas vs. Indy (IN MIAMI)

                (Dallas 24, Indy 21)

                Wow.

                Never thought I would've predicted that 3 weeks ago

                I think Dallas may be the only team that could consistantly shut down Indy.
                Administrator

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for taking the time to do this every week, I know I don't have the time.

                  I would have to agree with everything you said except the NE/KC game. I think with the playoff experience Brady and co would get the game against KC and Peyton would finally beat Brady in the playoffs. And sadly, I do think SD is a better team than the Broncos and wouldn't be surprised if they don't sweep the Broncos in the regular season.

                  I'd rather see the Broncos win the Superbowl, but if it came to this scenerio I'd rather see Peyton get a Superbowl than TO.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X