Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatum Bell: "I'm back baby"

Tatum Bell's Return May Boost Broncos Running Game

(AP) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Kyle Johnson has a guilty conscience.

The Denver Broncos fullback can't help but feel responsible for the demotion of Jake Plummer on Monday.

"How in the world could I not?" Johnson said.

Plummer was the fall guy for the Denver Broncos' struggling offense. Yet the running game didn't exactly do him any favors.

The Broncos have averaged 93.5 yards over the last four games, including a 38-yard performance against Kansas City on Thursday night.

"We all need to take the blame for what we haven't been doing," Johnson said. "We put the quarterback under greater scrutiny and pressure by (not being able to run the ball better). We need someone to just come into the game and get 183 yards on 15 carries and two touchdowns."

Tatum Bell may be that person. After missing three of the last four games with sore toes, Bell pronounced himself fit and ready for the Sunday night game against the Seattle Seahawks.

"I'm back, baby," he said. "I'm starting. Trust me. I'm for real."

Bell would be a big boost for the running game. Despite missing time with the injury, Bell is still 10th in the AFC in rushing with 649 yards.

"I'm hungry," Bell said of receiving the green light to play. "I could've played Thursday, but coach (Mike Shanahan) decided to sit me out one more week. I'm back."

Bell has three of Denver's four 100-yard games this season. Rookie Mike Bell rushed for 136 yards against Indianapolis, but gained 28 yards on 10 carries against Kansas City.

"Hopefully we'll get better," Shanahan said of the rushing attack. "I think our backs are in a little bit better shape than they have been."

Shanahan even acknowledged that Denver's lack of a running game hurt Plummer's effectiveness.

"You put a little more pressure on the quarterback (when you can't run)," he said.

Johnson feels bad for that.

"We're not doing what we're capable of," he said. "Absolutely I share some of the responsibility for Jake. We just need a running back to go off."
    http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...332070506.html

Man oh man would I love to see him break off a few big ones
    sigpic

Yea hopefully he isn't bs'ing us like he was last time...we could really, really use him.

Comment

Tatum Bell's return will boost the Running game. I like Tatum. Other than his fumbling problems early on I always have. I never was big on Mike Bell. I think he's a great 2nd back but not a feature guy. I look for Tatum to run well agains Seattle and open up the passing game for Jay. If that happens I think Jay could have a great first outing. I saw on ESPN today that the best passing D jay will face the rest of the year is SD and they are only #14. Seattle was like 18 and the Cards and 49ers were 25 and 28 respectively. I think that Jay has an excellent chance to succeed in the coming weeks and I hope he does. I was sorry to see Jake go the way he did but Jay's the starter now so go Jay. Go Broncos beat the former division foes.
      Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Hopefully Tatum is the spark plug that the offense has needed the past few games. Without him our running game is pathetic. If he is in fact healthy, I think the Broncos can win on sunday. But dont quote me on that....
        sigpic

Comment

This is great news, we def need Tatum's run game to help out with cutler.

IMO Tatum Bell is still our best back no need to panic.

Comment

Thank God Tatum is really good for us. Thank you tatum heres to your first 1000 yard season this year

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
            2) Devin Thomas
            4) Frank Okam
            4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
            2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
            4) Frank Okam
            4) Beau Bell

Comment

Sounds like he's healed up, always good to hear. As Madden would put it, "Boom baby. That's a powder keg of good news." Good luck T. Bell. I think Tatum will have a good day against Seattle's poor tackling defense.
              sigpic
              The only thing that can stop the ninja.
              Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

It looks like Shanny believes what most of the people on here
                have been saying since the switch... the run game needs to
                pick up for any QB to do well.

Great read.CP headed your way.
                sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

I kind of think Shanny held Tatum Bell out to make Jake look bad.He could have played last week.

Comment

That's great that Tatum's back; but if he can't stay healthy. . . RTB; you know how we do FTW.

Comment

4 Whom The Bell Tollz

SD,ARZ,SF,SEATTLE,AND CINNY DAT IS WHO WE RIDIN THAT HORSE ALL THE WAY TO MIA STARTIN THIS SUNDAY UNDER THE BRIGHT LIGHTS OF SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WHO RIDIN WE RIDE GOIN ON A 8 GAME WINNIN STREAK TO BE PRO FOOTBALL CHAMPS WHO IS WITH ME GO BRONCOS FACK ALL THEM HATERS YA HEARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                        That's great that Tatum's back; but if he can't stay healthy. . . RTB; you know how we do FTW.
                        Chyeah son!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EASY MAC 87
                          SD,ARZ,SF,SEATTLE,AND CINNY DAT IS WHO WE RIDIN THAT HORSE ALL THE WAY TO MIA STARTIN THIS SUNDAY UNDER THE BRIGHT LIGHTS OF SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WHO RIDIN WE RIDE GOIN ON A 8 GAME WINNIN STREAK TO BE PRO FOOTBALL CHAMPS WHO IS WITH ME GO BRONCOS FACK ALL THEM HATERS YA HEARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Caps Lock. It's on the left hand side of the keyboard. Turn it off.

Comment

Let's hope that with TBell returning and Jay starting, we'll start having an offese. One that can both run the ball, and throw the ball efficently. Let's hope that these up coming week are TBell's calling for a 2000 yd season. I'd love to see this happen. He'd have to have at least 200 yd/game though, but it could happen.
                            Either way, the Seahawks better look out.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                              I kind of think Shanny held Tatum Bell out to make Jake look bad.He could have played last week.
                              I do not think Mike would sabotage his own team...

Comment

Working...
                              X