We're in trouble... Cutler is already rattled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're in trouble... Cutler is already rattled

I was just reading one of the many articles about our QB switch (this one was on the Newswire) and noticed the following snippet which I had seen in a couple other articles today:
    In his first practice as the starter Monday, Cutler was pumped
    up, sending several passes over the heads of receivers. There was
    no question he had extra velocity on his throws.
    Obviously that's no reason for anyone to panic but it got me remembering another Bronco quarterback... John Elway. (Please, nobody have a hissy about comparing him to Elway. )

John seemed to have a regular problem throughout his career of starting games apparently pumped up on adrenaline and would routinely start off throwing a lot of his passes too high, and often too hard. It would often take him a series or two to calm down and get on target.

Now this preseason, I remember Cutler starting off a couple of his series the same way before getting into the flow of the game. So I'm wondering if our new strong-armed QB will share this early game adrenaline overload with our last one.

(BTW, the title of my thread was an intentional overreaction... in case you're wondering. )
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

At least we know he won't underthrow them.

I'd rather have someone who will throw it out of the reach out of both the reciever and the CB.
    sigpic
    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Originally posted by bronc_fan23
      At least we know he won't underthrow them.

I have no idea why but I thought that was freakin hilarious, seriously.

Comment

lol, Jav you tricked me!
        sigpic

Comment

Well, we'll know if someone in Commerce City catches his first pass.

-----

Comment

damn it jav! there you go comparing cutler to elway again. . . .

*has hissy fit*

no, really. . . .i hope he's exactly like john-- i can live with a few overthrown passes early on. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I'm just excited to watch him this weekend.
              Originally posted by Soldier96B
              i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                I was just reading one of the many articles about our QB switch (this one was on the Newswire) and noticed the following snippet which I had seen in a couple other articles today:

Obviously that's no reason for anyone to panic but it got me remembering another Bronco quarterback... John Elway. (Please, nobody have a hissy about comparing him to Elway. )

John seemed to have a regular problem throughout his career of starting games apparently pumped up on adrenaline and would routinely start off throwing a lot of his passes too high, and often too hard. It would often take him a series or two to calm down and get on target.

Now this preseason, I remember Cutler starting off a couple of his series the same way before getting into the flow of the game. So I'm wondering if our new strong-armed QB will share this early game adrenaline overload with our last one.

(BTW, the title of my thread was an intentional overreaction... in case you're wondering. )
                Yeah.. I was kind of expecting that anyway. He's pumped up, excited, ready to go. He's goingto put extra effort into it...trying too hard. I can't really 'blame' him for that kind or reaction. Its really basically expected. But I'm excited to see teh volocity of those throws!!!!

Comment

I hope he's throwing at Javon Walker when he airs it out like that, and I bet javon will miraculously come down with it.

Comment

Let's let Cutler play the game before we start making conclusions. If everything happened in the season games like it did in practice I'm sure we'd be talking Superbowl right now . It's just one practice.
                    sigpic
                    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

He better be scared. Kelly Herndon--the greatest player we've let get away...ever--is smokin' hot right now. He got his first pick in 23 years last night...LOOK OUT.

Comment

Well from what I've seen of him in practice:" the guy has a laser rocket arm". And boy can he throw!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                          He better be scared. Kelly Herndon--the greatest player we've let get away...ever--is smokin' hot right now. He got his first pick in 23 years last night...LOOK OUT.
                          *laughs*.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
                            Well from what I've seen of him in practice:" the guy has a laser rocket arm". And boy can he throw!!!!!!!!!!!
                            ahahah reminds me of that peyton manning commercial "u know, if u like a 6'5, 230lb quarterback, laser rocket arm"

Comment

Hmmmmm...a few overthows early and a game-winning drive late - I'll take that! Bring on the Elway comparisons!

Comment

Working...
                              X