X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBroncLove
    I was actually excessivly wrong. Burleson was just recently re-signed to Seattl,e so he won't be seeing FA anytime soon. Hackett is a good choice for a big potential since he has looked very good this year, but unfortunately he is only a ERFA (Early Restricted Free Agent) this year which means huge payouts to obtain him. After that, the only other WR at Seattle hitting FA is Bobby Engram, who is far to old to invest into IMO. It would be interesting to see Jackson leave due to a fallout between him and Seattle though. If they were looking to unload him because of it, he might be worth the investment, he has real talent.
    Damn I coulda swore he was an RFA this year...oh well.

Leave a comment:

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Screw Burleson!

Heh, while he'd be an easier contract to swallow, I'd aim a bit higher.

DARRELL JACKSON! He's constantly taking subtle jabs at the FO, saying he wants "DB" (Deion Branch) money. If Seattle's patience runs out, I bet he could be had for a second rounder or a package of picks...

Or, if we want to just sign a former Hawk, DJ Hackett's a UFA. He's been coming up huge as the no. 3 guy this year...

Good idea though.
    I was actually excessivly wrong. Burleson was just recently re-signed to Seattl,e so he won't be seeing FA anytime soon. Hackett is a good choice for a big potential since he has looked very good this year, but unfortunately he is only a ERFA (Early Restricted Free Agent) this year which means huge payouts to obtain him. After that, the only other WR at Seattle hitting FA is Bobby Engram, who is far to old to invest into IMO. It would be interesting to see Jackson leave due to a fallout between him and Seattle though. If they were looking to unload him because of it, he might be worth the investment, he has real talent.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBroncLove
    None the less, I think with Smith's speed declining (and his retirement approaching IMO) we are going to be in a definate need for a #2 reciever. I don't think the draft is a good place to go because we already have a rookie #3 in Marshall and I don't think we'll grab anyone able to start at #2 in the draft(or #3 for that matter given our DL issues and talk of a new RB). Personally I'd love to see us grab Burleson from Seattle. He's an UFA this year, and with Seattle grabing Branch, they may have some issues with Salary cap. Burleson has the speed to really stretch things out in the slot position, and though he's had a few drops this year, he seems a solid catcher. I'd love to see him in a Bronco uniform and I think he'd pan out to be a solid #2 WR.
    Screw Burleson!

Heh, while he'd be an easier contract to swallow, I'd aim a bit higher.

DARRELL JACKSON! He's constantly taking subtle jabs at the FO, saying he wants "DB" (Deion Branch) money. If Seattle's patience runs out, I bet he could be had for a second rounder or a package of picks...

Or, if we want to just sign a former Hawk, DJ Hackett's a UFA. He's been coming up huge as the no. 3 guy this year...

Good idea though.

Leave a comment:

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    To bad to hear about Hixon. I never got to see him play (or tape of him practicing) but I hear he has tremendous speed. To bad to hear his injury is to his foot, hopefully it's not anything to bad.

I know a lot of people don't agree with me anymore, but I think Kircus still is a good option at reciever. He has dropped some passes during the regular season thus far (more then I'm comfortable with also) but I think that's just the adrenaline. He shows the real hustle, and quick cuts needed for a good hot route/quick drop/hook route reciever. I think we can stll utilize him in our system and that he can produce. With Cutler in, the end of the season will define this year for Kircus. With a QB that seems more able to spread the ball around the field, Kircus will have his chance. Hopefully he makes the most out of it.

That being said, this year I think we have fair depth at reciever. We haven't utilized the whole core like some teams, but that blame coud be shifted toward the QB. These next couple of games with Cutler behind center will tell me if it was a lack of vision on the QB's part through the season thus far, or if it is a lack of seperation by the #3 recievers.

None the less, I think with Smith's speed declining (and his retirement approaching IMO) we are going to be in a definate need for a #2 reciever. I don't think the draft is a good place to go because we already have a rookie #3 in Marshall and I don't think we'll grab anyone able to start at #2 in the draft(or #3 for that matter given our DL issues and talk of a new RB). Personally I'd love to see us grab Burleson from Seattle. He's an UFA this year, and with Seattle grabing Branch, they may have some issues with Salary cap. Burleson has the speed to really stretch things out in the slot position, and though he's had a few drops this year, he seems a solid catcher. I'd love to see him in a Bronco uniform and I think he'd pan out to be a solid #2 WR.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
    I was hoping to see Hixon this season.I wish we could have picked up a DT instead of him now.This pick didnt help us at all this season.Wasted Pick!
    Wasted pick so far. But by going by that, Kuper and Eslinger are also wasted picks since we wont be seeing them this season either.

We will see him next year!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    I was hoping to see Hixon this season.I wish we could have picked up a DT instead of him now.This pick didnt help us at all this season.Wasted Pick!

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Meh, Clark has looked good on returns anyways, and Kircus looks like a decent punt returner.

I say "looks" because our ST blocking sucks so bad the returners only have about 2 seconds before they're swarmed under...at least they "look" good when given the chance to return.
    Disappointing. He almost looked like he could be a quasi-Lelie with good height and great speed.

I do like the flashes Clark and Kircus are showing. We also know that Darrent is darn good at punts too. However, the Broncos seem to think blocking is an optional thing on returns.

Now if only Madden would make his speed what it should be, along with Kircus'......

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    All three are either rookies or first year in the system... Give them time.

But I do think Hixon isn't going to be any good
    I hope your wrong about hixon.......He signed my football.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by ChampWJ
    Personally I think all 3 of these guys are a joke and we have a serious lack of depth at WR.
    All three are either rookies or first year in the system... Give them time.

But I do think Hixon isn't going to be any good

Leave a comment:

• ChampWJ
    replied
    Personally I think all 3 of these guys are a joke and we have a serious lack of depth at WR.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    started a topic Hixon done for year

Hixon done for year

Broncos | Hixon placed on NFI list
    Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:53:07 -0800

Frank Schwab, of The Gazette, reports Denver Broncos WR Domenik Hixon (foot) has been placed on the non-football injury list and will miss the rest of the 2006 season. Hixon injured his foot training before the 2006 NFL Draft.
    Meh, Clark has looked good on returns anyways, and Kircus looks like a decent punt returner.

I say "looks" because our ST blocking sucks so bad the returners only have about 2 seconds before they're swarmed under...at least they "look" good when given the chance to return.
Working...
X