Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe some staff changes should be next????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicious2500
    Mike Heimerdinger calls the offensive plays he's the assistant head coach and came over from the jets last year. Dennison basically got a raise to watchover the O-line.
    Whatever he does or whatever it is called this piece of the Offense is failing at QB protection.

Perhaps it is combined with the lousy play calling trying to keep Jake in thte pocket has not helped witht eh pass protection schemes.

Comment

Something has to give. When you look at the standings, and look in the points for column and see some of the teams that score more than we do... kinda sickening. I like Coyer's philosophy of only rushing 4. The problem? We dont have the personnel to do it. If we could rush consistently without blitzing the scheme would be great. I do not dislike any of our coaches, but I think the Special Teams coach should probably be on his way out the door. Coyer needs to adjust better during the game. I do not have a problem with the offensive play calling usually, we just need to execute better and alot of that is on the players. We will see how we perform the last couple of weeks, I suspect that if we continue to struggle then there may be some house cleaning done in some areas.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
        He didnt adjust into the second half cuz we were successfull in the first mate
        thank you. I was about to say the same thing. We held Manning to nothing that first half... what do we adjust? Do we try to anticipate what they will do, and then change to that without knowing what their adjustments are? Plus, how do we know what kind of adjustments we made or didn't make? There are reasons for each change and reasons for each non-change. Its not just a matter of being stubborn. When you watch hundreds of plays to do what you can to come up with a game plan, then you practice countering what the Colts are doing on teh field all week long.... you can't just turn things upside down and expect the players to completely ignore everything else they are doing right, to try and fit in the few things that aren't working. Thats why its a game of chess......

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          thank you. I was about to say the same thing. We held Manning to nothing that first half... what do we adjust? Do we try to anticipate what they will do, and then change to that without knowing what their adjustments are? Plus, how do we know what kind of adjustments we made or didn't make? There are reasons for each change and reasons for each non-change. Its not just a matter of being stubborn. When you watch hundreds of plays to do what you can to come up with a game plan, then you practice countering what the Colts are doing on teh field all week long.... you can't just turn things upside down and expect the players to completely ignore everything else they are doing right, to try and fit in the few things that aren't working. Thats why its a game of chess......
          Why adjust? Because what makes you think manning would come out the second half the same as the first? The coach needed to anticipate that. I've said before when they blitz, they need to have the corners playing up and taking away slant routes, and get the blitzers up to the line of scrimmage. It's very basic stuff, if the quarterback reads blitz, he's gonna want to get it out quick.
          A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Posted By GOBRONCOS84

Something has to give. When you look at the standings, and look in the points for column and see some of the teams that score more than we do... kinda sickening. I like Coyer's philosophy of only rushing 4. The problem? We dont have the personnel to do it. If we could rush consistently without blitzing the scheme would be great. I do not dislike any of our coaches, but I think the Special Teams coach should probably be on his way out the door. Coyer needs to adjust better during the game. I do not have a problem with the offensive play calling usually, we just need to execute better and alot of that is on the players. We will see how we perform the last couple of weeks, I suspect that if we continue to struggle then there may be some house cleaning done in some areas.
            Excellent Post.

If we upgrade a couple of positions on the offense (QB - done, RB, TE, 2nd WR) and get Lepsis back, our Offense will be much more effective. Lets see what play calling will be made with different personnel.

If we can get another good tackle to play along side Warren, and at least one more quality defensive end our D philosophy will work. Coyer does need to make more gametime adjustments.

Special Teams is our weakest link. We need to find the best coach available and get him on the staff. We are awful in this segment, and need get much better and develop an attitude.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ravage!!!] I also don't know why a guy that has coached can't be the QB coach. I mean.. Kubiak used to be Elway's QB coach. Does anyone think that Kubiak could tell/show/teach Elway anything? No. Its just someone that helps him out and talks out the situations.

When you talk about Kubiak being a coach, he was in the NFL for a very long time, not to mention he was a quarterback, which both of those put together seems to me to make a better NFL QB coach. Being a HS coach, as we all know, is vastly different than being a college coach, let alone a NFL coach.
              Not to mention having no experience coaching the position at any level and then coming to the NFL to coach that position just makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
              X