Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Cutler Be a savior for a whole team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Here's a list of Quarterbacks I would rather have before Plummer:

AFC - Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Trent Green, Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, David Carr

NFC - Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Rex Grossman, Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme (sp?), Matt Leinart, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo (just based off of current play)

That's a lot of QBs...your definition of "most" is not very accurate.

Leave a comment:

• 12thmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by bronc_fan23
    He said most. That minority could be Brady Manning and Romo.

O well just trying to help a guy out.
    Thanks. Most meaning that there are only a few good QB's in the league to rave about in the first place. Plummer is not one of them but he is good enough to defend over most.

Leave a comment:

• bronc_fan23
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    For what ever reason, that was the first sentence I read. After I read that, I decided that I would not read any more of your post.

He said most. That minority could be Brady Manning and Romo.

O well just trying to help a guy out.

Leave a comment:

• 12thmaniac
    replied
    For what ever reason, that was the first sentence I read. After I read that, I decided that I would not read any more of your post.
    Fair enough so if you can name at least 10 QB's Coach combinations in the last 30 years to have a better winning percentage that Jake and Shanahan have together then your opinion has little substance for me to care about.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    ROFL!!!
    thats funny stuff!!

take a rookie with no experience over a veteran like Brady

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by 12thmaniac
    and I will still take him over most the QB's in the league.

Leave a comment:

• 12thmaniac
    started a topic Can Cutler Be a savior for a whole team.

Can Cutler Be a savior for a whole team.

A question that will soon be answered.

Can Jay Cutler save the team from it's Offense frustrations this season, and resent defensive problems with stopping the run? What is your opinion.

I would say yes even though I also belive that Plummer is a better QB than is given credit for I do believe that Jay Cutler can make a whole team better if he is as good as we all think and wish him to be.

Most us agree that Plummer is not a good pocket passer but is good outside the pocket. Teams have begun to figure that out and combat it with the D-Ends keeping him in the pocket by staying outside which also stops the outside runs and strech plays. They also bring their safties up to stop the runs up the middle knowing Plummer has less than a 50% chance of completing a pass over the top of them. In these typs of formations it will always show a potential to blitz but teams rarly do so reading a defense becomes harder for him. Plummer not being as accurate over the top in th pocket turns to the hot reads that are always covered if the blitz dont actuly come which causes interceptions and three and outs becuase of rushed throws off his back foot. This causes a chain reaction in the team. No running game, bad field postion, and a defense always on the field getting tired and having to protect a short field.

Insert Jay Cutler and you now might have a rookie that can make the same mistakes but adds a new weapon that can strech the field from the pocket. The fact that he is a rookie will tempt teams to blitz more becuase they are going to test the rookie to see if he can handle pressure. If he can get his hot reads right and be paticient enough to notice the fake blitz then its all over. His cannon arm will go over the top on some deep passes that will be wide open. Then the safties go back into postion to cover deep pass which ignites the run again controls that clock, controls field postion and keeps a potentialy good defense like we seen in the first half of the year rested.

Not to abandon Plummer becuase I still think he is a very competitive QB and I will still take him over most the QB's in the league, but Cutler is potentialy as good a pocket passer as he is a out of pocket passer and has a cannon arm to go with it. That is exceiting!!!! Lets just hope that history is not alway the measuring stick for rookie QB's because if it is then it will be next year or even after that tilll we see a contender for the superbowl here in Denver.
    Last edited by 12thmaniac; 11-28-2006, 11:05 PM.
Working...
X