Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Cutler Be a savior for a whole team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigBroncLove
    replied
    Originally posted by 12thmaniac
    Matt Leinart will not make in the NFL especialy in Arizona
    I disagree with this. Arizona is building the weapons they need for the future. If they continue to make smart moves in the draft and with FA they could truely build a stout team. They need a few major holes filled in their OL (which has played terribly as a group despite there being talent there) and a few better LB's IMO.

They have Fitzgerald, Boldin, E. James, and Leinhart. I feel Leinhart shows true promise also. He seems to be comfortable in the spotlight, and has shown himself capable of sustaining drives on his arm. When a QB throws for 400 yards in a game (like in Arizona's most recent game against Minnesota) in his opening season, it's impossible to say that he doesn't show promise. I think once he gets a full season with Fitzgerald and Boldin and gets completely comfortable throwing to their strengths, he'll have a big year. If they can start creating protection for Leinhart and running lanes for E. James (all about their OL) I think Arizona will have one of the more potent offenses in the league. That all depends on the coachign staff making the right calls when acquiring OL talent.....

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730
    I think one player can be the savior of a team. It takes a team to win, but one player can have a huge impact on a game or a team.

I don't know if that will hold true for Cutler. I hope so. I guess we'll just have to see Sunday Night.
    I think the word "savior" is a little exaggerated. I agree with the concept thought and understand what y'all are getting at. I think Cutler will have a positive effect on the team and I would be surprised if we didn't make the playoffs. Cutler has the tools to get it done, it's just a matter of him doing what he has to.

I can't wait for all the Plummer sack-swingers to come on here and start *****ing when Cutler makes a couple of rookie bone-head moves.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    That is your opinion and I think you are crazy on some of these guys. Chad Pennington hardly can finish a season, David Car can't get above 500. Matt Leinart will not make in the NFL especialy in Arizona, Rex Grossman is horrible just because he had a few good games don't make him good, Eli isn't looking so great these days his brother is the only reason everyone is on his waggon, Tony Romo looks good but he has yet to go through a whole season. Bottom line is this Manning / Dungee, Tom / Bill and Shanahan / Plummer have better winning percentages than all of thees QB in the last 3 years so when you have consistancy like that to show me then we can debate. !!!Sorry Try again !!!
    Mechanics wise, talent wise, atheticism wise, there are a dozen or more QBs in the NFL that are better than Plummer. I don't care about the QB/Coach combo. I'm talking about pure QBs. I don't care if Pennington can finish a season, David Carr can win, Matt Leinart plays for a crap team, or if Romo is lucky. They are all better fundamentally than Plummer; statistics aside.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by OC1981
    USAF...................
    What is your job?

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I think one player can be the savior of a team. It takes a team to win, but one player can have a huge impact on a game or a team.

I don't know if that will hold true for Cutler. I hope so. I guess we'll just have to see Sunday Night.

Leave a comment:

• 12thmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    Here's a list of Quarterbacks I would rather have before Plummer:

AFC - Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Trent Green, Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, David Carr

NFC - Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Rex Grossman, Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme (sp?), Matt Leinart, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo (just based off of current play)

That's a lot of QBs...your definition of "most" is not very accurate.
    That is your opinion and I think you are crazy on some of these guys. Chad Pennington hardly can finish a season, David Car can't get above 500. Matt Leinart will not make in the NFL especialy in Arizona, Rex Grossman is horrible just because he had a few good games don't make him good, Eli isn't looking so great these days his brother is the only reason everyone is on his waggon, Tony Romo looks good but he has yet to go through a whole season. Bottom line is this Manning / Dungee, Tom / Bill and Shanahan / Plummer have better winning percentages than all of thees QB in the last 3 years so when you have consistancy like that to show me then we can debate. !!!Sorry Try again !!!

Leave a comment:

• OC1981
    replied
    Not sure what it is you do...?
    USAF...................

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by lord_helmet
    ROFL... Thats why they call him Kournikova ? A pretty face but no real ability at the top level

Wake up and smell the coffee, ur so full of yourself it hurts my eyes to read your load of bullcrap
    <--smells good.

Leave a comment:

• lord_helmet
    replied
    That's ok. It's unfortunate that you're ignorant enough to not realize that David Carr has an uncommon athletic ability. You probably just look at his stats and make assumptions.
    ROFL... Thats why they call him Kournikova ? A pretty face but no real ability at the top level

Wake up and smell the coffee, ur so full of yourself it hurts my eyes to read your load of bullcrap

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by OC1981
    ::sigh:: how many times do we have to go through this?

Its over guys, Cutler is in the driver's seat and unless you're Mike Shanahan you can't do anything about it. Time to move on.

(Is everything spelled right Red? ...if your job is the same as my job you're big on active voice too.)
    Not sure what it is you do...?

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by lord_helmet
    For whatever reason I stopped caring about anything you have to say after reading this name
    That's ok. It's unfortunate that you're ignorant enough to not realize that David Carr has an uncommon athletic ability. You probably just look at his stats and make assumptions.

Leave a comment:

• OC1981
    replied
    A question that will soon be answered.

Can Jay Cutler save the team from it's Offense frustrations this season, and resent defensive problems with stopping the run? What is your opinion.

I would say yes even though I also belive that Plummer is a better QB than is given credit for I do believe that Jay Cutler can make a whole team better if he is as good as we all think and wish him to be.

Most us agree that Plummer is not a good pocket passer but is good outside the pocket. Teams have begun to figure that out and combat it with the D-Ends keeping him in the pocket by staying outside which also stops the outside runs and strech plays. They also bring their safties up to stop the runs up the middle knowing Plummer has less than a 50% chance of completing a pass over the top of them. In these typs of formations it will always show a potential to blitz but teams rarly do so reading a defense becomes harder for him. Plummer not being as accurate over the top in th pocket turns to the hot reads that are always covered if the blitz dont actuly come which causes interceptions and three and outs becuase of rushed throws off his back foot. This causes a chain reaction in the team. No running game, bad field postion, and a defense always on the field getting tired and having to protect a short field.

Insert Jay Cutler and you now might have a rookie that can make the same mistakes but adds a new weapon that can strech the field from the pocket. The fact that he is a rookie will tempt teams to blitz more becuase they are going to test the rookie to see if he can handle pressure. If he can get his hot reads right and be paticient enough to notice the fake blitz then its all over. His cannon arm will go over the top on some deep passes that will be wide open. Then the safties go back into postion to cover deep pass which ignites the run again controls that clock, controls field postion and keeps a potentialy good defense like we seen in the first half of the year rested.

Not to abandon Plummer becuase I still think he is a very competitive QB and I will still take him over most the QB's in the league, but Cutler is potentialy as good a pocket passer as he is a out of pocket passer and has a cannon arm to go with it. That is exceiting!!!! Lets just hope that history is not alway the measuring stick for rookie QB's because if it is then it will be next year or even after that tilll we see a contender for the superbowl here in Denver.
    ::sigh:: how many times do we have to go through this?

Its over guys, Cutler is in the driver's seat and unless you're Mike Shanahan you can't do anything about it. Time to move on.

(Is everything spelled right Red? ...if your job is the same as my job you're big on active voice too.)

Leave a comment:

• lord_helmet
    replied
    Here's a list of Quarterbacks I would rather have before Plummer:

David Carr
    For whatever reason I stopped caring about anything you have to say after reading this name

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyrant
    Lol just trying to show you how stupid your comment was you couldnt think of anything to combat it so you brought up my grammar? -claps-
    I wasn't trying to combat your original post, but I did reply to it saying that it was a "double standard".

Leave a comment:

• Tyrant
    replied
    What's meaningless is you trying to argue with me...shaddup.

Lol just trying to show you how stupid your comment was you couldnt think of anything to combat it so you brought up my grammar? -claps-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X