X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elways Helicopter Number 10 of best plays in last decade

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
    Courtesy of SI.com
    sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Originally posted by elwayfan2k
    I love the picture they have of Elway spinning. Rod Smith is looking on in the background with a "holy *$%^" expression on his face...
    sigpic
    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

pretty cool that one guy is in both the top 2...

Comment

That play was so bad a$$. I remember it very clearly. My dad thought that John Elway was going to die...but I knew he wasn't going to.
        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

The first time I saw it was on youtube I was shocked at the hit... Pretty crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
            That play was so bad a$$. I remember it very clearly. My dad thought that John Elway was going to die...but I knew he wasn't going to.

I was watching it with my parents, and they said the exact same thing. I can still remember Scott Hastings...he was choking for breath...
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
              I was watching it with my parents, and they said the exact same thing. I can still remember Scott Hastings...he was choking for breath...
              Haha! I guess them old folks didn't know that John is invincible!
              ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
                Haha! I guess them old folks didn't know that John is invincible!

Hey! At the time, John himself was pretty old.

But that was the play that inspires your teammates
                Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

I loved that play and like many here, I thought as well he might have broken a hip or something . But dang... he got #10?!? Yeah, some clutch kicks to win the game are cool and all (and common at times), but he fricken did the HELICOPTER at age 37!! Such drive, determination, and a lot of heart went into that play. I think it deserves at least the top 5 spot!
                  "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

That play has to be in the top three. I can pretty much agree with the Vini kick and the Jones tackle being up there but the Elway play sparked the entire team against the heavily favored Brett Favre Packers. AND (as someone else has put it) he was freakin 37 years old!!! That game changed the way people looked at Elway's career.

Comment

I remember very vividly that play...I was watching the SB at a buddies house, and I was nearly moved to tears. You could tell that John wanted that 1st Down with every fiber of his being..after all those beatdowns in the previous years, it was finally his time and he was going to do whatever it took. What a great day to be a Broncos fan. That one play, more than any other defined what the oraganization and its fans had hungered for, for so long. That kind of determination is why Elway was my hero growing up.

"He's not a respectable guy right now, because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now.

"You're surrounded by great players, but you're not a great player. I think he needs to understand where he stands in this league — where he stands on his team first and foremost."
                      - Champ Bailey re Philip Rivers

Comment

Working...
                      X