Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasselbeck has a Broken Finger!!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...37_hawk29.html
    The timing couldn't have been better for a players day off.

The ice and snow made driving difficult all over the Seattle area, so things were pretty quiet at Seahawks headquarters in Kirkland on Tuesday.

Plenty was happening, however. Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck had an MRI on Tuesday on his left (non-throwing) hand that according to a KING-5 TV report showed a broken finger. The injury happened when he banged the hand against a helmet during Seattle's 34-24 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Monday night.

The Seahawks couldn't confirm the injury or the MRI, but coach Mike Holmgren likely will address Hasselbeck's status today at his weekly news conference. The injury is less serious because it involves Hasselbeck's non-throwing hand, but could affect his ability to take snaps.

Hasselbeck played the entire game, his first after missing four weeks with a sprained knee ligament.
    More Seahawks injuries:

The leader of Seattle's offensive line, Pro Bowl center Robbie Tobeck, will not be back to play the Broncos. Holmgren said that although Tobeck is out of the hospital after spending his Thanksgiving weekend there getting intravenous antibiotics for an abscess on his hip, he won't get blood tests to see if the infection has dissipated until Monday. So Spencer, Seattle's 2005 first-round draft choice, will remain the starting center indefinitely.

The leading Seahawks receiver from last season, Bobby Engram, won't be back Sunday, either. Holmgren said Engram, listed as probable, will miss his eighth consecutive game because medication to slow his accelerated heart rate from a thyroid condition is still fatiguing him.

Darrell Jackson, who leads the NFL with nine touchdown receptions, watched the indoor practice but did not participate Wednesday. He is listed as probable with a right knee injury.

Holmgren said starting right tackle Sean Locklear will be a game time decision Sunday because of his high left ankle sprain. He has missed the last five games.

The Seahawks also placed fullback Josh Parry (foot) on injured reserve and signed tight end Bennie Joppru, a second-round draft choice by Houston in 2003 who has played in one game during four NFL seasons.

HE'S FINE........

He played 3 quarters of the game with it...he's fine.

Comment

Its the PINKIE on his NON-THROWING hand. He will play.
      sigpic

Comment

True, but I thought it was interesting and he may be favoring his knee and his hand, which could play tricks with his head. He has been pretty fragile this year.

I also like 2 of their starting OL's being out. And Seattle hasn't scored a rushing TD since week 3 so that will not help.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
          True, but I thought it was interesting and he may be favoring his knee and his hand, which could play tricks with his head. He has been pretty fragile this year.

I also like 2 of their starting OL's being out. And Seattle hasn't scored a rushing TD since week 3 so that will not help.
          The also haven't had a healthy Alexander for most of that timespan.
          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

hopefully it causes him to fumble a snap or two.

Comment

Hopefuly he hits it on a other helmet at pratice or very early in the game.

Comment

I hope hasselbeck isn't 100%. The way our defense is playing they need all the help they can get.

Comment

I don't read too much into this "injury", he played 3 periods with it like that, so I am not worried about it.

Comment

Man we are lucky,just looking at who is injured on their team i didnt realize how good Seattle really was.Seattle has a good football team.Powerfull!

Comment

You think that matters?

Didn't Alexander run for 200+ yards in his last game?
                      Go Huskers.

Comment

The biggest injury by far for them is Sean Locklear. I'd say approx. 95% of you don't know who he is, but he's an elite tackle. We'll already be getting dominated on one side, so at least Locklear missing the game would give us a fighting chance on the other side...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                          The biggest injury by far for them is Sean Locklear. I'd say approx. 95% of you don't know who he is, but he's an elite tackle. We'll already be getting dominated on one side, so at least Locklear missing the game would give us a fighting chance on the other side...

out of curiosity, who do you want to win this game?
                          Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                            out of curiosity, who do you want to win this game?
                            I'm here, aren't I? That counts for something, no?

Comment

Anyone looking past this game to SAN is silly. This is a first rate offense that I doubt COYOER FOLLIES can slow down let alone stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X