Javon Walker on Marcus Trufant = MISMATCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javon Walker on Marcus Trufant = MISMATCH

Please expose it, this guy has been looking like toast all year long, people use to call him one of the top corners but this year he looks like a chump and hes been getting used, just the though of him one on one with Javon Walker is

The seahawks play alot of single man coverage, and we all know jay cut can deliver that deep ball, I hope we can expose this mismatch and maybe it will lead us to Jay's first game as a success and a victory for Mike Shannahan and the Denver Bronco!

your thoughts?

Yea, pretty much.

Garbage Can VS. Trufant=MISMATCH

He's either good, or horrible. Hopefully he's horrible this week...

Comment

I think Javon Walker should kill him, honestly Javon has been getting open on anyone covering him tho, it must be good to go up against the best CB in practice

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
        I think Javon Walker should kill him, honestly Javon has been getting open on anyone covering him tho, it must be good to go up against the best CB in practice
        You mean Trufant getting beat like this????

I agree that Javon wins that matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
          You mean Trufant getting beat like this????

I agree that Javon wins that matchup.

See that dumbass no. 35 in the background? That was all him...

Comment

Hey guys,

Seahawk fan here, and while I agree with the general sentiment of this thread, that this is a mismatch as Trufant has yet to play up to his high draft pick, he has looked a LOT better as of late and has had some of the best games of his carreer against some great receivers over the last month. So I wouldn't put too many eggs in this basket just yet - I'm sure Walker will get his yards, but it might not be as easy as you think.

On a side note, I'm in one of those awkward positions where I am starting Walker on my fantasy team and want him to do well....but not too well

Comment

None of this thread really even matters. Trufant has been great on sticking to his guy, what he has failed at is making plays on the ball. He has also been the victim of QB's just tossing up prayer type passes and receivers making plays.

Now.. to take advantage of a CB/WR mismatch, the QB has to be accurate. We had nothing to worry about with Plummer running the show, unsure about Cutler, but what are the chances that Jay Cutler is going to come out in his first game EVER and light up Marcus Trufant? I doubt it will happen. This kid is going to need to start with some passes underneath the coverage before he gets into taking shots anyway.

Hey! nice pic of our 3rd string safety getting burned by Whines Ward on a play that never should of happened in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by loafoftatupu
                None of this thread really even matters. Trufant has been great on sticking to his guy, what he has failed at is making plays on the ball. He has also been the victim of QB's just tossing up prayer type passes and receivers making plays.

Now.. to take advantage of a CB/WR mismatch, the QB has to be accurate. We had nothing to worry about with Plummer running the show, unsure about Cutler, but what are the chances that Jay Cutler is going to come out in his first game EVER and light up Marcus Trufant? I doubt it will happen. This kid is going to need to start with some passes underneath the coverage before he gets into taking shots anyway.

Hey! nice pic of our 3rd string safety getting burned by Whines Ward on a play that never should of happened in the first place.
                Yeah, but shanahan is not your average coach. Don't be surprised to see a bomb early in the game. Shanahan knows that to save this season, they are gonna have to dial it up and make some plays.
                A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

I hope Seattle is dumb enough to come into the game with that attitude as well. Sounds like a perfect situation to come out firing to me! What better way to build the kid's confidence early.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                    I hope Seattle is dumb enough to come into the game with that attitude as well. Sounds like a perfect situation to come out firing to me! What better way to build the kid's confidence early.
                    Trust me, we hope that Denver is dumb enough to come out firing.

Comment

Trust me, we hope that Denver is dumb enough to come out firing.
                      Yeah right holmgren's smarter then that. He'll double Javon walker, and he's not going to give up the big play. He might stack the box once in a while, but he won't dare the broncos to go verticle. He will pick his times for that. But I do hope they stack the box early, and I hope they put one on one coverage. Then denver will come out firing.
                      A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Yeah right holmgren's smarter then that. He'll double Javon walker, and he's not going to give up the big play. He might stack the box once in a while, but he won't dare the broncos to go verticle. He will pick his times for that. But I do hope they stack the box early, and I hope they put one on one coverage. Then denver will come out firing.
                        I will buy that, it is common for Holmy to double the other team's best WR. Somedays it works Some days it doesn't

If Denver gashes us with the run too much, those chances for Walker to get one on one are going to be there, but what I am saying that most football guys don't already know? It all just comes down to execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome_Seahawk
                          Hey guys,

Seahawk fan here, and while I agree with the general sentiment of this thread, that this is a mismatch as Trufant has yet to play up to his high draft pick, he has looked a LOT better as of late and has had some of the best games of his carreer against some great receivers over the last month. So I wouldn't put too many eggs in this basket just yet - I'm sure Walker will get his yards, but it might not be as easy as you think.

On a side note, I'm in one of those awkward positions where I am starting Walker on my fantasy team and want him to do well....but not too well
                          This is true...ever since the KC game he's been playing much better. The Seattle defense as a whole has, on occasion, stepped up and shut down big-time no. 1's. ..

Comment

Haha this should be great for Cutler

......Cutler to Walker for long gain.........Cutler to Walker for long gain............Cutler to Walker for long gain............etc

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                            2) Devin Thomas
                            4) Frank Okam
                            4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                            2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                            4) Frank Okam
                            4) Beau Bell

Comment

I will buy that, it is common for Holmy to double the other team's best WR. Somedays it works Some days it doesn't

If Denver gashes us with the run too much, those chances for Walker to get one on one are going to be there, but what I am saying that most football guys don't already know? It all just comes down to execution.

That's true, no matter how much one schemes it comes down to execution. I really liked Holmgren when he was in green bay, and I still do. I can hear him now though, "No more rocketballs please." Telling his defenders to stop cutler from the rocketness. Anyways, knowing both of the coaches, they are preparing for nearly every possible scenerio.

Comment

Working...
                              X