How long to keep Cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Yeah he'll be in the game a some point either holding for field goal attempts or PATs.

lol, forgot about that! drats, outwitted again. . . .

oh well, AZ's a good guy-- i don't mind givin' him CPs. . . should probably give him more anyways. . . i'll hit ya up when i'm reloaded AZ. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
      Well, hope the kid doesn't hurt his stock, then, at the end of the year, trade him and the 1st, to get AD.

We've already seen what a REAL running back can do for an offense....ala the chefs. They can plug in a jouneyman qb with no wr's and they just keep handing off, taking what's given, and winning games.

AD will make us forget about TD....

...and then Jake will be back under the helm.....
      RC.......

RRRR CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC....

Time to wake up from your little nap and face the REAL world again.....

sigpic

Comment

The fact folks make the comparison justifies the switch.

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
        HA! This was a point I was trying to make before. So what happens if he totally sucks and flops around like a fish out of water?

Being a rookie he is going to make mistakes. BIG mistakes. He has to be granted a learning curve and I have been saying that it may be 3 years before we make it back to the playoffs. That might be a little pessimistic but expecting immediate results only happens in the Happy Place.

Now the key will be how many people on these boards will have patience during the grooming period.

But to answer your question, I give him 3 years to make a name for himself and hopefully it will be sooner.
        Basically you're asking, "if our rookie doesn't play better than our ten year veteran when do we pull HIM?" Well, our ten year veteran is supposed to be a lot better than our rookie, but at this stage of the game the bar's been set pretty low because, for whatever reason, our veteran's looked like a rookie. We're putting Cutler in because we need more consistency and production than we were getting with Plummer, and in part because the only way Cutler's gonna be a reliable starter is to play real games, not practice and training camp.

So if Cutler goes out there and disintegrates, what's our alternative? Cutler's an unknown quantity at this point, but Jake isn't, and he's not going to get any better than he already is. I imagine we'll play Cutler until we have a realistically better alternative, whether that takes one year or fifteen.
        SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
          lol, forgot about that! drats, outwitted again. . . .

oh well, AZ's a good guy-- i don't mind givin' him CPs. . . should probably give him more anyways. . . i'll hit ya up when i'm reloaded AZ. . . .
          Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Yeah he'll be in the game a some point either holding for field goal attempts or PATs.

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          If you aren't counting the FGs, then I'm in on that bet! *looking at you suspiciously*

--- Relax dogfish --- you don't owe me anything --- it was just a joke ! ---

--- Jake is Elam's favorite "hands" guy ---

--- But watch out for that fake FG now ---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
            this will be a moot question soon. . . . .

I Totally agree with you! After Sunday these silly questions will stop.

God Bless Denver and Jay Cutler!

----------------------------------------------
            I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              Well, at least 4 since we kept Jake for 4 and he absolutely sucked.

We also kept Brian for 4.
              "He absolutely sucked"

Anyone else smell something?

I think Cutler plays out his contract. Shanny would probably put up with a little more considering what he's invested.

Comment

He will be here for at least 4 years. Shanny has always said that it takes 2-3 years for a QB to fully learn his system and be completely effective in it. That is why most of his QB's go in or after year 4. If they can't cut it after a full 3 seasons in this offense then they are hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  Well, hope the kid doesn't hurt his stock, then, at the end of the year, trade him and the 1st, to get AD.

We've already seen what a REAL running back can do for an offense....ala the chefs. They can plug in a jouneyman qb with no wr's and they just keep handing off, taking what's given, and winning games.

AD will make us forget about TD....

...and then Jake will be back under the helm.....
                  .......and that leads me to my next point, gentleman........

DON'T SMOKE CRACK!
                  Geaux Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                    I'm not going to pull any punches. This a stupid idea. A really, really stupid idea. You can't really believe a top pick running back is with more than a potential franchise quarterback and another first-round choice we could use to get a DE, DT, or one of the other RBs available. That goes against every kind of sense, common or otherwise.

Yeah, those Chiefs have really found the formula for winning championships.

Oklahomer much?

RC know this imo he's just trying to stir the pot.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

3-4 years, and then if he doesn't pan out, there might be a youngster in college.

He will probably be wearing #7, a Senior or Junior at a reputable college and his name is Jack Elway.

How cool would that be to have young Elway leading this team someday??

Comment

I don't like the tone of the question.

I can't believe a true Bronco fan is wanting Jay to flop badly so Jake can come to the rescue. Jake is past and not the present or future. Jake could not beat the Chargers in Denver so how are we to expect him to beat SD in SD? We were close
                        (close to a possession either way) in all three games, Indy, SD, and KC. Come on, put all your negatives away and support Jay this coming Sunday and for the rest of the season. True Bronco Fans stand up and cheeeeeeer!

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                          3-4 years, and then if he doesn't pan out, there might be a youngster in college.

He will probably be wearing #7, a Senior or Junior at a reputable college and his name is Jack Elway.

How cool would that be to have young Elway leading this team someday??

That would be freaking awesome. If he decides to go pro, we HAVE to get him.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Cutler will get it within 2 games

Come on, he went to Vanderbilt. He's a smart guy. He's gonna get it by the Cardinals game. He might screw up a few times, some being big, but I doubt it's going to cost us the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X