Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Colored Glasses

Orange Colored Glasses…

I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game with so much anticipation and excitement, I can barley contain myself. I just can’t wait to see Cutler play. It’s not really about winning or losing this game with the Seahawks so much as it is just seeing what Cutler can do with this opportunity. If we win the game it’ll be a bonus. I’m not making any final score predictions or talking any game strategy this week. The kid doesn’t need to be any more hyped or pressured than he already is.

I’m not expecting Cutler to throw for 300 yards and 4 TD’s. I see him getting sacked maybe more than once; maybe throwing a pick; maybe he even has a fumble in the game. You have to expect him to make these kinds of mistakes as a Rookie. Here’s a list of the questions I have going into the game about Cutler. Some may be answered others may take several games, a season or a career to answer.

How well does he play after he takes a bone crushing sack, fumble or an INT?

How durable is he, can he pick himself up after a big hit and produce?

Can he convert important 3rd downs?

Can he throw a deep ball to a WR that’s on time and with some touch?

How well can he manage the 2 minute O at end of the 1st & 2nd half?

Will he know the plays well enough so he doesn’t have to waste timeouts?

Can he check off at the line of scrimmage and change the play and then make one?

Can he handle the blitz because you know the Seahawks will be bringing it?

Can he read a D and get the ball to his 2nd or 3rd Receiver downfield?

Maybe he’ll have a bad statistical day but I’d be thrilled to see him throw 2 INT’s in the 1st quarter and come back in the 4th Quarter to throw 2 TD’s and help win the game.

It’ll be interesting to see if the OL brings their game up to a higher level, if they’ll play with more passion in the running game and can protect him. It’ll be interesting to see if the D’s intensity kicks into a higher gear if they see Cutler is playing well enough to help them win. It has to be so frustrating for them to take so much of the heat they’ve had to in the last 2 weeks when the O has generated next to nothing. To me they played extremely well, if not for them this season would have been lost. Just imagine how inspired they’ll play knowing maybe they won’t have to be on the field for 40 to 45 minutes a game trying to nurse a small lead?

All the talk is over, Jake is over (to me now he’s just a 4 lettered word) and it’s his team the rest of the way. Every possible football spin scenario, every possible stat comparison imaginable, and every negative outcome ever dreamed up for this kid has been hashed out in national media, the newspapers and on the net.

Here’s blog from MSNBC, you all should read it. The talking points are basically the same things I’ve been saying about Cutler and Plummer all season, even back to the AFC Championship Game a year ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15956335/

Frankly, it’s amazing to me that many are predicting a doomsday scenario for this kid and the team. If the D plays a good game and slows down Alexander we can win this game. The Chargers game then becomes the most important one of the Broncos season. Even with Cutler starting I like the odds against the Cards, Bengals and 49ers. If we lose both the Seahawks and Chargers game we could win the last 3 and maybe have a shot at the wildcard. The season is far from over. IMO this team could be as good as any team in the AFC if Cutler can play even an average game at QB the rest of the way.

Jay is smart, big, strong, has a hell of an arm and what little I’ve seen of him he has a cool head too. He isn’t some bobble head QB that is so fragile he’ll crack with the first hit, sack, INT or fumble. Maybe I’m alone here, but I see a mental toughness underneath that boyish face that is ready to go kick somebody’s ass and if he gets knocked down and I see him getting up with even more determination to win.

Maybe I’m being optimistic, maybe I’m looking through orange colored glasses, maybe I just a brainless homer but I really believe Cutler may be the man for the job. I have no expectations of a Super Bowl win, maybe not even a playoff appearance but I do see a new era and a new hope for the future. The 2007 season officially gets underway this Sunday night. I believe this kid won’t disappoint or embarrass the team or the fans.

Have a great game Jay.
    http://www.myspace.com/milehighmojoe

Im exactly the same way. Despite the fact i wish Jake was still our starter im so incredibley god awful anxiouse to see what weve got.
    I plan on video taping and rewatching also
    sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan2k
      Im exactly the same way. Despite the fact i wish Jake was still our starter im so incredibley god awful anxiouse to see what weve got.
      I plan on video taping and rewatching also
      I gotta believe I just gotta believe, something very special will begin on Sunday Night.

Comment

All I gotta say about that article is that hindsight is 20/20.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
          All I gotta say about that article is that hindsight is 20/20.
          :doh: Hindsight on what?

Comment

The idea that starting Jay Week 1 was what Shanahan should've done. Acting like you knew that this is what should've been done is being a little more than ignorant of the past.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
            - Carl Sagan

Comment

I think there were plenty of people that wanted Cutler starting week 1. Most if not all of them probably were just sick of Plummer and wanted him out more than they wanted Cutler in. I wanted Plummer playing. He just came off a great year that had a bad ending, but he showed a lot last year. I do wish that we would've put Cutler in a little earlier in the season to get some more experience for the playoffs and, more importantly, for next year.
              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

The idea that starting Jay Week 1 was what Shanahan should've done. Acting like you knew that this is what should've been done is being a little more than ignorant of the past.
                I've been saying in one form or another the same things about Jake for over 2 years. It's nothing new.

Comment

I love the forum Orange Colored Glasses lol (sry this is kinda :offtopic: )

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                  2) Devin Thomas
                  4) Frank Okam
                  4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                  2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                  4) Frank Okam
                  4) Beau Bell

Comment

Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                    I love the forum Orange Colored Glasses lol (sry this is kinda :offtopic: )
                    Me also Bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Mojoe
                      I've been saying in one form or another the same things about Jake for over 2 years. It's nothing new.

I'm talking about the professionals here. There were a lot of fans who wanted Cutler in, but anybody with respect in the business would never pull the trigger on putting Cutler in just based off of his preseason performance.

- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Mojoe
                        Orange Colored Glasses…

I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game with so much anticipation and excitement, I can barley contain myself. I just can’t wait to see Cutler play. It’s not really about winning or losing this game with the Seahawks so much as it is just seeing what Cutler can do with this opportunity. If we win the game it’ll be a bonus. I’m not making any final score predictions or talking any game strategy this week. The kid doesn’t need to be any more hyped or pressured than he already is.

I’m not expecting Cutler to throw for 300 yards and 4 TD’s. I see him getting sacked maybe more than once; maybe throwing a pick; maybe he even has a fumble in the game. You have to expect him to make these kinds of mistakes as a Rookie. Here’s a list of the questions I have going into the game about Cutler. Some may be answered others may take several games, a season or a career to answer.

How well does he play after he takes a bone crushing sack, fumble or an INT?

How durable is he, can he pick himself up after a big hit and produce?

Can he convert important 3rd downs?

Can he throw a deep ball to a WR that’s on time and with some touch?

How well can he manage the 2 minute O at end of the 1st & 2nd half?

Will he know the plays well enough so he doesn’t have to waste timeouts?

Can he check off at the line of scrimmage and change the play and then make one?

Can he handle the blitz because you know the Seahawks will be bringing it?

Can he read a D and get the ball to his 2nd or 3rd Receiver downfield?

Maybe he’ll have a bad statistical day but I’d be thrilled to see him throw 2 INT’s in the 1st quarter and come back in the 4th Quarter to throw 2 TD’s and help win the game.

It’ll be interesting to see if the OL brings their game up to a higher level, if they’ll play with more passion in the running game and can protect him. It’ll be interesting to see if the D’s intensity kicks into a higher gear if they see Cutler is playing well enough to help them win. It has to be so frustrating for them to take so much of the heat they’ve had to in the last 2 weeks when the O has generated next to nothing. To me they played extremely well, if not for them this season would have been lost. Just imagine how inspired they’ll play knowing maybe they won’t have to be on the field for 40 to 45 minutes a game trying to nurse a small lead?

All the talk is over, Jake is over (to me now he’s just a 4 lettered word) and it’s his team the rest of the way. Every possible football spin scenario, every possible stat comparison imaginable, and every negative outcome ever dreamed up for this kid has been hashed out in national media, the newspapers and on the net.

Here’s blog from MSNBC, you all should read it. The talking points are basically the same things I’ve been saying about Cutler and Plummer all season, even back to the AFC Championship Game a year ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15956335/

Frankly, it’s amazing to me that many are predicting a doomsday scenario for this kid and the team. If the D plays a good game and slows down Alexander we can win this game. The Chargers game then becomes the most important one of the Broncos season. Even with Cutler starting I like the odds against the Cards, Bengals and 49ers. If we lose both the Seahawks and Chargers game we could win the last 3 and maybe have a shot at the wildcard. The season is far from over. IMO this team could be as good as any team in the AFC if Cutler can play even an average game at QB the rest of the way.

Jay is smart, big, strong, has a hell of an arm and what little I’ve seen of him he has a cool head too. He isn’t some bobble head QB that is so fragile he’ll crack with the first hit, sack, INT or fumble. Maybe I’m alone here, but I see a mental toughness underneath that boyish face that is ready to go kick somebody’s ass and if he gets knocked down and I see him getting up with even more determination to win.

Maybe I’m being optimistic, maybe I’m looking through orange colored glasses, maybe I just a brainless homer but I really believe Cutler may be the man for the job. I have no expectations of a Super Bowl win, maybe not even a playoff appearance but I do see a new era and a new hope for the future. The 2007 season officially gets underway this Sunday night. I believe this kid won’t disappoint or embarrass the team or the fans.

Have a great game Jay.
                        He does all above well. He lets nothing rattle him. He can get slammed by a 320 lb lineman go back to the huddle and throw a 25 yd out pattern the next play.

Your right Jay will have his share of troubles. He is a rookie. However, he won't let them bother him, and usually comes back and does something to make up for his mistake.
                        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

I think that would have been a mistake. The team was probably not ready to endorse a switch to a rookie QB at that point. Now they are.

And don't think that Cutler hasn't benefited from being able to continue his learning process without pressure for 13 weeks. He's had more time to absorb the intricacies of the playbook, analyze real defenses and mentally practice what he'd do in the various situations had he been in control of the offense. And there's been more time for the coaches to work on his fine tuning his mechanics.

I think there's a definite bright side to having Cutler wait this long to make his debut.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I could care less if we win or lose this week. but it will be the only one we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncomanjrd
                              I could care less if we win or lose this week. but it will be the only one we will.
                              WT?
                              YOU gotta believe....I'm behind you JAY!!!!

Thx to Air7raid!!! U rock...

Comment

Working...
                              X