Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler did just as good or better than...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler did just as good or better than...

Alright guys, i'm tired of you guys bashing Cutler in his first start for heavens sake!!! I can't believe some of you guys expected him to come out with huge stats in his first start.

For his first start he did pretty good, besides some mistakes that he will learn from. But lets take a look at some stats from the day and you guys will see just how Cutler did compared to many of todays starters in the NFL.

CUTLER'S STATS: 10/21 143 yds 2 TD 2 INT

Cutler did better than:

D. Carr 7/14 32 yds 0 TD 0 INT

B. Gradkowski 20/34 175 yds 0 TD 3 INT

R. Grossman 6/19 34 yds 0 TD 3 INT

B. Johnson 11/26 73 yds 0 TD 4 INT

A. Smith 14/28 171 yds 1 TD 3 INT

Cutler did just as good as:

J. Losman 21/37 184 yds 2 TD 2 INT

V. Young 15/25 163 yds 2 TD 2 INT

M. Leinart 15/24 186 yds 1 TD 0 INT

D. Brees 17/28 186 yds 1 TD 0 INT

M. Hasselbeck 16/28 168 yds 0 TD 1 INT

C. Frye 12/21 171 yds 2 TD 1 INT

D. Anderson 11/13 122 yds 1 TD 0 INT (Browns)

You guys shouldn't be freaking out, we played a tough team, defending NFC Champs not to mention, with Cutler in his first friggin start..so..

BE COOL, SHUT YOUR YAP, AND LET HIM PLAY!!!

Shanny really didn't let him air it out too...I was hoping he would come out throwing...
    Last edited by So.CalBRONCOFAN; 12-04-2006, 12:56 AM.
    vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

I like this post!
    i thought Cutler was the First QB in NFL history to throw 2 INTs in one game!
    thats wut ppl make it sound like

Comment

Cutler played like a rookie qb with a lil preseason experience....I didn't expect anything more than his poor play last night....
      My 3 favorite teams:
      1.The Denver Broncos
      2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
      3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

No I expected us to play the guy that had the best chance of winning and it wasn't Cutler. I like cutler but he is not ready. We just threw our whole season away. Jake played bad because of all things you saw tonight our team is playing horrible all around.
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...pbaileyavy.png

Comment

Originally posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN
          Alright guys, i'm tired of you guys bashing Cutler in his first start for heavens sake!!! I can't believe some of you guys expected him to come out with huge stats in his first start.

For his first start he did pretty good, besides some mistakes that he will learn from. But lets take a look at some stats from the day and you guys will see just how Cutler did compared to many of todays starters in the NFL.

Cutler did better than:

You guys shouldn't be freaking out, we played a tough team, defending NFC Champs not to mention, with Cutler in his first friggin start..so..

Shanny really didn't let him air it out too...I was hoping he would come out throwing...
          Well some around here swore by the pillars in heaven he would have had such stats his first start. Personally he played as bad as I expected him to.
          SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMORULES
            No I expected us to play the guy that had the best chance of winning and it wasn't Cutler. I like cutler but he is not ready. We just threw our whole season away. Jake played bad because of all things you saw tonight our team is playing horrible all around.
            Well said....and just wait until next week when we start a rookie qb w/ a lil preseason experience on the road..
            My 3 favorite teams:
            1.The Denver Broncos

Comment

QB rating of 63

Other rookies season ratings

Gradkowski 70
              Leinart 66
              Young 63

Give him time, he'll show his stuff. Maybe even this season, who knows.

Comment

I don't want to give him time when we have a good QB on the sidelines
                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...pbaileyavy.png

Comment

Well... obviously Cutler is going to need time to learn the game... hes a rookie... he wasn't even supposed to start this year... Shanny didn't plan on having him compete for the job until next year but due to poor play from Jake, he felt we have the best chance with Cutler at QB.. he is going to be a great QB. Give him some time. If Jake had played better Cutler wouldn't be out there this year.

Comment

Cutler struggled. Big deal. He's a rookie in his first game and was very nervous, of course he will struggle.

But those of you that sat and bagged on Plummer for so long, and are now hearing it about Cutler, you have absolutely no reason to complain.

Pot calling the kettle back.

Comment

AMEN!! Well said. We would have won if Jake had played the second half. :2cents:
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Who made you Headcoach...hmm?

The Change is made its over, No matter how many people cry, try to mow down cutler into the ground, ect.

It comes down to this. Shannahan thought of what was best in the long run.

Honestly I rather loose this batte to win the war later on. How many times do we have to be let down in the playoffs with Plummer? Not to Knock the guy he saved us from the Grease fiasco that gripped us after Elway retired but...

seriously were we gonna get to the Playoffs the way Plummer was playing.... Honestly No. He had few good games, 31pts in Indy ended with a loss, Win vs the Steelers but we lost alot of good players that game, so on and so on.

Plummer is a 10 year vet what excuse does he have to play at the same level as a rookie?

Cutler started his first game, did almost the same as Plummer who is a 10 year vet but he has the rookie banner over him. He's getting his feet wet.

Whats the difference? Simple Plummer has 10 years under his belt where Cutler has what the pre season + this game. He showed what he can do lets not run him to the ground.

On the other hand Plummer has 10 years, 4 years to gel with this offense and to perform like a vet should not some rookie.

Cutler had 10 days + this game to gel with the offense.

Nevermind im gonna stop there, Im probably gonna get bashed by pro-plummer circle, for trying to peg blame on him, witch Im not. Im just stating that why have a vet do rookie mistakes when we have a rooke that can do them and end up learning from them.

Also in closing for all the people that think Shannahan threw away our season by starting Cutler during a playoff hunt, and that Plummer had the 'best chance' to win this season, sorely mistaken since it would have just been another empty playoff run or not even a playoff chance. Look we got injuries on both sides, We are in no way, shape or form for a Playoff Hunt. Plummer had 11 games to prove he can still be in as our QB and Faulterd he reverted back to his days as a Cardnal.

The bright side, We get Cutler who we can get some experience into, and maybe get all his jitters out this season so he can come back next season.

Please for all that is Blue and Orange look at the bigger Picture.

Shannahan doesnt strike me as a show view person when it comes to season by season, He's a Big Picture guy that seese countless varables.
                        From what I saw, the injuries agenst the steelers sealed our playoff hopes. Shannahan hoped Plummer would step up and do something but he faultered.
                        At least now Cutler will get some playtime and get his kinks worked out. Ok I sound like a broken record im done trying to show that there's a bright side to this loss but if my memory serves me right there's always a bright side to everything. This is Cutler knows where he needs to work at and maybe we'll see some improvements next game.

Also another note, we went up agenst a team that made it into the SB and he faired well. Also performed good under pressure. Lets wait a season before we call for his head. THis is only 1 of 5 games he's going to play, theres gonna be growing pains. I know I had high hopes for him but I looked that there's gonna be growing pains Im just looking forwared to next game that he's gonna play.

McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by So.CalBRONCOFAN

Cutler did better than:

If you were watching the same game that I was Jay didn't have time to air it out. Last nights loss has much more to do with Shanahan and the teams overall performance or lack thereof... than it does with Jay or Jake. As Bronco fans we better hope that Al Wilson returns soon; I saw a deflated defense with little to no spirit when they carted him off of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                            Who made you Headcoach...hmm?

The Change is made its over, No matter how many people cry, try to mow down cutler into the ground, ect.

It comes down to this. Shannahan thought of what was best in the long run.

Honestly I rather loose this batte to win the war later on. How many times do we have to be let down in the playoffs with Plummer? Not to Knock the guy he saved us from the Grease fiasco that gripped us after Elway retired but...

seriously were we gonna get to the Playoffs the way Plummer was playing.... Honestly No. He had few good games, 31pts in Indy ended with a loss, Win vs the Steelers but we lost alot of good players that game, so on and so on.

Plummer is a 10 year vet what excuse does he have to play at the same level as a rookie?

Cutler started his first game, did almost the same as Plummer who is a 10 year vet but he has the rookie banner over him. He's getting his feet wet.

Whats the difference? Simple Plummer has 10 years under his belt where Cutler has what the pre season + this game. He showed what he can do lets not run him to the ground.

On the other hand Plummer has 10 years, 4 years to gel with this offense and to perform like a vet should not some rookie.

Cutler had 10 days + this game to gel with the offense.

Nevermind im gonna stop there, Im probably gonna get bashed by pro-plummer circle, for trying to peg blame on him, witch Im not. Im just stating that why have a vet do rookie mistakes when we have a rooke that can do them and end up learning from them.

Also in closing for all the people that think Shannahan threw away our season by starting Cutler during a playoff hunt, and that Plummer had the 'best chance' to win this season, sorely mistaken since it would have just been another empty playoff run or not even a playoff chance. Look we got injuries on both sides, We are in no way, shape or form for a Playoff Hunt. Plummer had 11 games to prove he can still be in as our QB and Faulterd he reverted back to his days as a Cardnal.

The bright side, We get Cutler who we can get some experience into, and maybe get all his jitters out this season so he can come back next season.

Please for all that is Blue and Orange look at the bigger Picture.

Shannahan doesnt strike me as a show view person when it comes to season by season, He's a Big Picture guy that seese countless varables.
                            From what I saw, the injuries agenst the steelers sealed our playoff hopes. Shannahan hoped Plummer would step up and do something but he faultered.
                            At least now Cutler will get some playtime and get his kinks worked out. Ok I sound like a broken record im done trying to show that there's a bright side to this loss but if my memory serves me right there's always a bright side to everything. This is Cutler knows where he needs to work at and maybe we'll see some improvements next game.

Also another note, we went up agenst a team that made it into the SB and he faired well. Also performed good under pressure. Lets wait a season before we call for his head. THis is only 1 of 5 games he's going to play, theres gonna be growing pains. I know I had high hopes for him but I looked that there's gonna be growing pains Im just looking forwared to next game that he's gonna play.

On the road at division leading SD....a rookie qb w/ a .....lil preseason experience.....I am not looking forward to the next game..........
                            My 3 favorite teams:
                            1.The Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by broncophan
                              On the road at division leading SD....a rookie qb w/ a .....lil preseason experience.....I am not looking forward to the next game..........
                              Pre-season + 1 game. Honestly think Plummer would do better on the road vs SD. Its a roll of the dice seriously. Gotta let it all pan out next week.
                              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X