Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway on Jay Cutler (merged)

http://cbs4denver.com/video/[email protected]

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 12-04-2006, 01:47 PM.

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Using 56k modem that will take forever to download. Can someone please recap?

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
      Using 56k modem that will take forever to download. Can someone please recap?
      Elway said that being 8 years out of the league people act like he never threw an interception. He said he was 1 for 8 his first game. He said it takes time for that college to pro transition. He said Jay has all the tools and he felt like it was the right move to put him in. Elway said that next year Jay will be heads and shoulders above himself this year. They asked Elway if Jay reminded him of himself and he said he just met Jay one time and that Jay is big and has a strong arm. He said he thinks Jay can take them to a superbowl.
      Last edited by cutlerfan; 12-04-2006, 01:36 PM.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Interesting, though not surprising to see him say he thought Cutler did well. It's not like he's going to say he did a horrible job. I just love it how a "Crush" news conference turns into a Cutler conference.
        You will always be a Bronco Darrent, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilverkid13
          Interesting, though not surprising to see him say he thought Cutler did well. It's not like he's going to say he did a horrible job. I just love it how a "Crush" news conference turns into a Cutler conference.
          I like what John said - he said if asked he would help Jay in any way he could. If I was Jay I would become John's best friend!!

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Great links, thanks. I wish everyone would watch the Elway interview. I think he simply just puts it into perspective.

Comment

He played the game. You can bet he knows a little about what he's talking about.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                I like what John said - he said if asked he would help Jay in any way he could. If I was Jay I would become John's best friend!!
                Definitly!
                You will always be a Bronco Darrent, R.I.P.

Comment

Hes going to support the Broncos organization no matter what, but its good to see him supporting the move and understanding that it will make Cutler a lot better for next season. I hope he actually meant that part.
                  2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Having Elway say this is probably what Jay needs right now more than anything else. The man is a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
                      Hes going to support the Broncos organization no matter what, but its good to see him supporting the move and understanding that it will make Cutler a lot better for next season. I hope he actually meant that part.
                      I don't think that's true.

When Griese was QB, John made several public comments about how he didn't think Brian would get it done. John doesn't "pile it on" just because it's the Broncos.

Back on topic...

Dan Reeves said Jay is alot like Elway. Elway thinks Jay is capable of leading the team to the SB.

I'd say, based on their resumes, you might want to start thinking that Jay is something special.

JMO

sigpic

Comment

Elway is a Cutler fan.... or was it the other way around?
                        XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

JE talks about JC

Interesting press conference from John Elway talking about Jay Cutler last night. Most importantly he reminds us that he was not 8 ft tall with fire shooting from his eyes. He also feels like Cutler is the man for the job long term.

Enjoy. (Sorry if this is a "Dupe Thread"...don't hurt me mods )

JE talks about JC

Comment

I Do Miss John He Is Such A Class Act.
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...pbaileyavy.png

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                              He played the game. You can bet he knows a little about what he's talking about.

You're right! The fans here can whine and cry over whose QB, but I trust the man who made Denver what they are and what he says. I trust the coaches. Cutler is a rookie and he will learn as he goes and will not be a probowler after his first few games but it's kinda hard to convince people who have already made their minds up he will not succeed because they favor one player over the other. Thanks Elway for speaking up!

Comment

Working...
                              X