Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense sucks? Stats show otherwise.

Interesting statistics from our defense;

Seattle has a total of 15 drives in the game.

6 of the drives are 3 and outs.

7 more of those drives are 6 plays or less.

After the offense has a TO and puts Seattles offense on Denver's side of the field, Denver forces 2 missed FG's, both on drives less then 15 yards.

Seattle ran 65 plays, at 3.8 ypp.

Denver's offense runs a total of 5 plays the entire fourth quarter. That's right, 5.

Seattle's offense is on the field virtually the entire quarter, and drives down on a tired Denver defense to win the game.

And people want to blame the defense. Unbelievable.

"The football ignorance just continues to seep through this place."

defense only looked bad because of 5 turnovers.....
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
    -The best in the business-

Comment

Anyone who blames the defense for this loss didn't watch the game. I believe Seattle scored 13 of their points off turnovers with 7 of them coming on a defensive touchdown. The Clark and Cutler turnovers in the 4th quarter could have been disastrous but the defense saved the team by only allowing field goals. If the defense played bad we would have been blownout.
      Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

After the offense has a TO and puts Seattles offense on Denver's side of the field, Denver forces 2 missed FG's, both on drives less then 15 yards.

Denver's offense runs a total of 5 plays the entire fourth quarter. That's right, 5.

Seattle's offense is on the field virtually the entire quarter, and drives down on a tired Denver defense to win the game.

I've been trying to say this for weeks now, nobody listened.
        Thanks for coming up with the stats.
        Don't win to many games with 5 turnovers. Our special teams are bad, no, terrible.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Having Wilson out I believe had a bad effect on the team, as well.
          "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

This just absolutely blows my mind.

In the fourth quarter, Seattle had as many possessions, as Denver's offense had plays.

Think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

I owe you a cp hopefully I havent run out yet. I mean its gotten so bad that if one thing ppl say in their posts its worthy of cp...

I cant wait for the offseason. Heck id even take the SIGN BIG NAME FA FOR TONS O CASH CMON!!! Posts over most this garbage man
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Offense had only 5 plays in the 4th??

Why in the heck was the defense on the field for so long??

Comment

I agree but the thing everyone needs to look at about this year is our T.O.P is horrible compared to last year. We had the ball a total of less then 13 mins. for the hole game. There's been many games like this. if we loss that battle we loss most of those game. just a little side note.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                    Offense had only 5 plays in the 4th??

Why in the heck was the defense on the field for so long??

1 3&out, 1 turnover on 1st play of drive, 1 turnover before a drive starts, and 1 touchdown on 1st play of drive

Comment

You make a good point. It's unfortunate that if we don't stop them on their last drive, we lose the game and remember that the D didn't get a stop. I think we played tremendous defense until that very last drive, and then we got no pressure on the QB.

The two games before this one are another story. In KC we surrendered 200+ yds rushing, and we all know about the San Diego collapse against LT. The defense deserved some criticism for those games.

I would love to praise the D for our last game, because it was so close to complete domination against the run and by the secondary. I think the D-line pass rush faded in the second half.

Comment

BTW are you referencing NFL.com's 'gamebook' for the game?

Comment

Good post. I am still in disbelief that Rod Smith, of all people, fumbled the ball.
                          Originally posted by Soldier96B
                          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                            Good post. I am still in disbelief that Rod Smith, of all people, fumbled the ball.
                            OO yea I saw that. Did the guy hit the ball with his helmet?
                            sigpic
                            Bring the Chargers back home to Los Angeles!

Comment

The defense did not look bad statistically. The problem they are having is the opponents we have played the last few games have been getting better as the game goes on by making adjustments. Our defense has not been able to keep up, and I think Coyer does a TERRIBLE job at countering the other teams' adjustments. When we went into Prevent last night in the 4th quarter I nearly turned the game off because everyone knew what was about to happen.

Granted they were forced to play in some tough spots with the turnovers and all, but the defense seems to not be able to make stops at the most crucial times.

Comment

Working...
                              X