Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anybody Know The Answer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does Anybody Know The Answer?

    I've been a Bronco fan since 1985 and all of us as fans have had our ups and downs. But honestly, has a QB out of college with such a poor won-loss record ever succeeded in the NFL? While Jake went 39-15 as our starter, Jay Cutler won 11 games in 4 years at Vanderbilt. At some point a QB should help a team get better. I just can't see Cutler doing better than what Jake did for us. I REALLY hope Jake remains with us. I miss seeing him out there. Until Cutler wins us over, Jake will ALWAYS be the best QB we've had since "The Man".
    TOO LATE IN THE SEASON TO MAKE THAT CHANGE! Look at Chicago.

  • #2
    I don't know how many games he won, but Tom Brady was unheralded out of Michigan, I think he may have only played 1 year. No one would question his success.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know the answer, but Vandy sucks. Their O-line cant block. Im surprised Cutler even got 11 wins in 4 seasons at Vandy. Troy Smith and even Colt Brennan probably couldn't even muster 8 I bet.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
        I don't know the answer, but Vandy sucks. Their O-line cant block. Im surprised Cutler even got 11 wins in 4 seasons at Vandy. Troy Smith and even Colt Brennan probably couldn't even muster 8 I bet.
        Yeah but. . . . . . . . . .11 wins in 4 seasons? That's RIDICULOUS!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DTL
          Yeah but. . . . . . . . . .11 wins in 4 seasons? That's RIDICULOUS!!!
          No thats sad

          Comment


          • #6
            are you guys nuts thats how you find the good ones,

            kinda like lt with the chargers a few years ago when they sucked he was (and i still think is, but thats up for debate) their whole team

            if a guy can be awesome and get a crappy ass team some wins then you know he is not overrated because the talent around him makes him look good, he will not be a ryan leaf, or a ron dayne, the only reason they were good is because the talent around them made them better then they are

            he is good, because he is good. now i still was for having jake start but since he is not i got jay back now, but trust me, my first hockey team sucked and we only had 3 wins all year (15 game season) but i (not to brag too much ) was good, and now on my new team where i am not the only one to carry the team i am better, and we are undefeated.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DTL
              Yeah but. . . . . . . . . .11 wins in 4 seasons? That's RIDICULOUS!!!
              yeah.. and he was still voted the SEC Player of the Year by the coaches and sportscasters. Thats pretty impressive, and it tells you exactly how poor the team around him was. There have be a TON of great NFL players that came from small schools and schools that aren't known for their sports program. Just because this particular player is a QB, doesn't diminish his skills or talent. It just means he's a player that went to, and played for, a team that wasn't high on college football recruits. Don't hold that against him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by P-NUT33
                No thats sad
                Not only is it sad, it's also what we got coming with this career loser! REINSTATE JAKE!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DTL
                  Yeah but. . . . . . . . . .11 wins in 4 seasons? That's RIDICULOUS!!!
                  Plus.. how many college QBs have we seen that have a TON of college victories and didn't do squat in the NFL???? I don't think one translates to the other.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DTL
                    Not only is it sad, it's also what we got coming with this career loser! REINSTATE JAKE!!
                    Ugh.. another troller.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                      Plus.. how many college QBs have we seen that have a TON of college victories and didn't do squat in the NFL???? I don't think one translates to the other.
                      I understand that, but the question is: Have college LOSERS ever become NFL winners. I can't think of anybody yet.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DTL
                        Not only is it sad, it's also what we got coming with this career loser! REINSTATE JAKE!!
                        Wow, one loss and he's a career loser. Nice. Watch out talent scouts, this guy is taking over the business.

                        Anyway, Vanderbilt is a horrible team and was carried by this kid. He was the only player drafted out out of Vandy this year. ONE other guy was picked up as an undrafted free agent by the Patriots and then released in the preseason.

                        Compare that to the likes of Leinart who had tons of talent around him.

                        Pos Pos
                        Rank Rating Name Yr Ht/Wt/40 College Home
                        S 7 Darnell Bing JR 6-2/220/- USC Long Beach, CA
                        RB 1 Reggie Bush JR 6-0/200/- USC La Mesa, CA
                        TE 6 Dominique Byrd SR 6-3/260/- USC Minneapolis, MN
                        OT 2 Winston Justice JR 6-6/300/- USC Long Beach, CA
                        FB 2 David Kirtman SR 6-0/230/- USC Mercer Island, WA
                        QB 1 Matt Leinart SR 6-5/217/- USC Santa Ana, CA
                        OG 4 Taitusi Lutui SR 6-6/365/- USC Mesa, AZ
                        P NR Thomas Malone SR 6-0/205/- USC Lake Elsinore, CA
                        OG 7 Fred Matua JR 6-2/305/- USC Banning, CA
                        DE 23 Frostee Rucker SR 6-3/260/- USC Tustin, CA
                        CB 29 John Walker SR 6-1/200/- USC Van Nuys, CA
                        S 31 Scott Ware SR 6-2/215/- USC
                        RB 7 Lendale White JR 6-2/235/- USC Littleton, CO
                        CB 24 Justin Wyatt SR 5-10/185/- USC Compton, CA


                        VS.

                        QB 3 Jay Cutler SR 6-4/225/- Vanderbilt Lincoln City, IN
                        WR 84 Erik Davis SR 6-1/190/- Vanderbilt Antioch, TN
                        TE 42 Dustin Dunning SR 6-5/250/- Vanderbilt Hoover, AL
                        S NR Kelechi Ohanaja SR 6-1/200/- Vanderbilt Arlington, TX
                        OLB 35 Moses Osemwegie SR 6-0/228/- Vanderbilt Nashville, TN

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DTL
                          I've been a Bronco fan since 1985 and all of us as fans have had our ups and downs. But honestly, has a QB out of college with such a poor won-loss record ever succeeded in the NFL? While Jake went 39-15 as our starter, Jay Cutler won 11 games in 4 years at Vanderbilt. At some point a QB should help a team get better. I just can't see Cutler doing better than what Jake did for us. I REALLY hope Jake remains with us. I miss seeing him out there. Until Cutler wins us over, Jake will ALWAYS be the best QB we've had since "The Man".
                          TOO LATE IN THE SEASON TO MAKE THAT CHANGE! Look at Chicago.
                          John Elway

                          Prior to arriving at Stanford, the Cardinals were 29-15-1 the fours years prior to his arrival.

                          They were 20-23-1 after he got there.

                          Using your logic, Elway would have failed, since Stanford had a worse record with him at QB than they had before.

                          College win-loss records are worthless in evaluating NFL talent.

                          Next question....

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DTL
                            I understand that, but the question is: Have college LOSERS ever become NFL winners. I can't think of anybody yet.
                            As I stated in my previous post.

                            John Elway.

                            One winning season (6-5). ZERO Bowl games. Career record under .500

                            Yet, in the NFL....

                            Winningest QB in NFL history, multiple Pro-bowls, MVP awards, 5 SBs, countless NFL and Bronco team records, etc, etc, etc...
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by // / yardo
                              Wow, one loss and he's a career loser. Nice. Watch out talent scouts, this guy is taking over the business.

                              Anyway, Vanderbilt is a horrible team and was carried by this kid. He was the only player drafted out out of Vandy this year. ONE other guy was picked up as an undrafted free agent by the Patriots and then released in the preseason.

                              Compare that to the likes of Leinart who had tons of talent around him.

                              Pos Pos
                              Rank Rating Name Yr Ht/Wt/40 College Home
                              S 7 Darnell Bing JR 6-2/220/- USC Long Beach, CA
                              RB 1 Reggie Bush JR 6-0/200/- USC La Mesa, CA
                              TE 6 Dominique Byrd SR 6-3/260/- USC Minneapolis, MN
                              OT 2 Winston Justice JR 6-6/300/- USC Long Beach, CA
                              FB 2 David Kirtman SR 6-0/230/- USC Mercer Island, WA
                              QB 1 Matt Leinart SR 6-5/217/- USC Santa Ana, CA
                              OG 4 Taitusi Lutui SR 6-6/365/- USC Mesa, AZ
                              P NR Thomas Malone SR 6-0/205/- USC Lake Elsinore, CA
                              OG 7 Fred Matua JR 6-2/305/- USC Banning, CA
                              DE 23 Frostee Rucker SR 6-3/260/- USC Tustin, CA
                              CB 29 John Walker SR 6-1/200/- USC Van Nuys, CA
                              S 31 Scott Ware SR 6-2/215/- USC
                              RB 7 Lendale White JR 6-2/235/- USC Littleton, CO
                              CB 24 Justin Wyatt SR 5-10/185/- USC Compton, CA


                              VS.

                              QB 3 Jay Cutler SR 6-4/225/- Vanderbilt Lincoln City, IN
                              WR 84 Erik Davis SR 6-1/190/- Vanderbilt Antioch, TN
                              TE 42 Dustin Dunning SR 6-5/250/- Vanderbilt Hoover, AL
                              S NR Kelechi Ohanaja SR 6-1/200/- Vanderbilt Arlington, TX
                              OLB 35 Moses Osemwegie SR 6-0/228/- Vanderbilt Nashville, TN
                              Career loser @ Vanderbilt!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X