Does Anybody Know The Answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    He was not playing good, but so far has a better comp% and rating than cutler does and I suspect will lead both of the catogories at year end.

So much for giving us the best chance to win this year.
    Let's look at Jake's first game this year compared to Jay's first game this year. Since we are making comparisons.

J. Plummer
    QB Rating - 26.3
    Comp/Attmpts - 13/26
    Yards - 138
    Pass Pct - 50.0
    Yards/Attempt 5.3
    TD - 0
    INTs - 3
    Fumble - 1

J. Cutler
    QB Rating - 62.3
    Comp/Att - 10/21
    Yards - 143
    Pass Pct - 47.6
    Yards/Att - 6.8
    TD - 2
    INT - 2
    Fumble - 2

Pretty comparable. And let's not forget just who is learning the system...who was making his professional debut...and who was playing a better team.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
      On the flip side...how many "successful" college QB's playing for teams with winning records have been flops in the NFL. *cough* Ryan Leaf *cough*

College W/L has no impact on the caliber of player you are or how successful you will be in the pros.
      Yep and Leaf is just a drop in to proverbial bucket. Here are some other notables:

Art Schilster, Todd Blackledge, Tony Eason, Gino Torreta (Heisman winner btw), Steve Walsh, Rick Meier (same draft class as Bledsoe), Andre Ware (another Heisman winner), Robbie Boscoe, Marc Wilson, and Tommy Maddox. Every last one of these guys played on winning college teams and not a one of them made it in the NFL.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
        Let's look at Jake's first game compared to Jay's first game. Since we are making comparisons.

J. Plummer
        QB Rating - 26.3
        Comp/Attmpts - 13/26
        Yards - 138
        Pass Pct - 50.0
        Yards/Attempt 5.3
        TD - 0
        INTs - 3
        Fumble - 1

J. Cutler
        QB Rating - 62.3
        Comp/Att - 10/21
        Yards - 143
        Pass Pct - 47.6
        Yards/Att - 6.8
        TD - 2
        INT - 2
        Fumble - 2

Pretty comparable. And let's not forget just who is learning the system...who was making his professional debut...and who was playing a better team.
        And how many games did Jake get to watch before he started. Was thrown to the wolves first game. Granted he was vet, but coming into a system like DEN's is culture shock.

Apples and apples prunes and prunes.

Comment

And how many games did Jake get to watch before he started. Was thrown to the wolves first game. Granted he was vet, but coming into a system like DEN's is culture shock.

Sorry...it is apples to apples. I am talking about Jake's first start this year. In fact, the situation favors Jake more. This is Jake's 4th year in the Denver system. Jay has not even had an entire year to learn the system.

Hide the names...and who would be called the rookie and who would be called the 10 year vet?
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            John Elway

Prior to arriving at Stanford, the Cardinals were 29-15-1 the fours years prior to his arrival.

They were 20-23-1 after he got there.

Using your logic, Elway would have failed, since Stanford had a worse record with him at QB than they had before.

College win-loss records are worthless in evaluating NFL talent.

Next question....

Do not forget Elway never even played in a Bowl Game.

College stats are not always relevant

Look at Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer and Gino Teretta (sp)

Good in college, not so in the NFL

Dan Marino was not exact the best college QB. His last year was not good
            Tom Brady basically started for 1 year and was behind Griese and Henson
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by LDB
              Sorry...it is apples to apples. I am talking about Jake's first start this year. In fact, the situation favors Jake more. This is Jake's 4th year in the Denver system. Jay has not even had an entire year to learn the system.

Hide the names...and who would be called the rookie and who would be called the 10 year vet?
              I don't know I can smell out Plummer stats 400 miles away and down wind.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                Do not forget Elway never even played in a Bowl Game.

College stats are not always relevant

Look at Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer and Gino Torretta (sp)

Good in college, not so in the NFL

Dan Marino was not exact the best college QB. His last year was not good
                Tom Brady basically started for 1 year and was behind Griese and Henson

Torretta won the Heisman his senior year and his team college team played in at least one National Championship game.

To be fair to Dan, if I remember correctly Med, his previous three seasons at Pitt were great. However, his senior season was bad and rumors of drug abuse swirled around him after his senior season.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Get off the jock. Do you really think that the SEC teams playing vandy each year got up as much as playing one of the other powerhouses. Auburn, LSU, Gators, Bulldogs, TEN, Alabama, Miss and ole Miss. Sorry to burst your bubble but it is like us playing a scut team in between to power houses a trap team at best.

Like playing OAK this year between SAN and INDY. (just an example)

I looked it up once and very few of his wins came against SEC teams mostly were against non conference teams some not at the D-1 level.

BTW how many NFL PROS played on each of those teams at the same time next to each other.

BTW Vandy was 4-8 this year with out him yet 11-how many losses with him.

Sorry but winning and losing at a powerhouse like vandy does not translate to winning in the Pros.

Great school for Doctors and graduates a high percentage but hardly a sports school.

BTW what did he get his degree in? Anyone know his class rank or GPA?
                  Appears someone has a serious bitter on, over Plummer being yanked. C'mon JR, you're a vet on these boards but your acting like a newb with a giant man crush on Plummer. You say Mtn_Man has his head in Cutler's jock, take a look in the mirror.

You always make your arguement that there are more problems with the team than Plummer, and I have always agreed. That being said, Plummer was a problem that needed to be dealt with as well. Put your emotions aside, look at it realistically. Jake playing did not give Denver the chance to make it to the superbowl, the defensive line does not give Denver a chance to make it to the superbowl, the running game doesn't give Denver a chance to make it to the superbowl. Win or lose I can accept that it is time for a new era in Denver Bronco QB history, start grooming the rookie now, because the Broncos aren't playing for this season anymore.

Be a fan, it's OK to defend Plummer, but don't forget to support the new leader on offense.
                  Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by LDB

Was not looking at this year sorry.

It sounds like even though he has been the backup Qb all this year he had to learn the playbook this past week.

Your correct Jake did not play well this year for whatever reason.

I think it was the switch to more of a pocket style passing game more than anything. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall setting in on film sessions this year.

But not having Putz, Rod, ashley and the running game being sporadic at best did not help out here.

And last but not least Jake really did not have hardly any time getting game time with Walker. Jake also played very little in preseason games, I'm sure that with all the media speculation did not help Jake to become comfortable in the new O.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                      Appears someone has a serious bitter on, over Plummer being yanked. C'mon JR, you're a vet on these boards but your acting like a newb with a giant man crush on Plummer. You say Mtn_Man has his head in Cutler's jock, take a look in the mirror.

You always make your arguement that there are more problems with the team than Plummer, and I have always agreed. That being said, Plummer was a problem that needed to be dealt with as well. Put your emotions aside, look at it realistically. Jake playing did not give Denver the chance to make it to the superbowl, the defensive line does not give Denver a chance to make it to the superbowl, the running game doesn't give Denver a chance to make it to the superbowl. Win or lose I can accept that it is time for a new era in Denver Bronco QB history, start grooming the rookie now, because the Broncos aren't playing for this season anymore.

Be a fan, it's OK to defend Plummer, but don't forget to support the new leader on offense.

But they all together do. The pass rush has been poor at best and when into the second half worse.

The running game has been pretty good when we have had a fresh RB in the game against average defenses. Once the RB is tired after a couple of good games the YPC goes in the toilet.

Oline blocking for passes is well, fill in the blank with your favorite terms.________

I have said all year and will continue to do so the QB is not the root of all evil on this squad whether it is cutler or Jake.

Your right it is a cutler era and he is my QB, but so far I'm not impressed. Got a nice long ball. but if he can't hit the receiver or the WR is not where he is supposed to be, well it is still in-comp-lete.

This week SAN is gonna kill us.
                      Last edited by JRWIZ; 12-05-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

This week SAN is gonna kill us.
                        Sadly I agree with you.

To say you aren't impressed with Cutler so far is a bit like saying headcheese tastes like crap just by looking at it. The kid has played one game. Give him some time before making judgements, you know as well as I that all of the Cutler worship that went on last week is just wishful thinking. The kid has to learn.
                        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Your obviously new here. He has been on cutlers jock from before the draft. Once drafted he was the biggest cheerleader for cutler on the forum.

I suspect mostly because he detested Jake.

BTW Welcome to the forum. Nice to see fresh ideas.

gee fresh ideas like ....cutler had a losing record at vandy so he will be a loser in the pros.....or a loseing qb in college never had success in the pros....or cause he lost his first career start as a rookie , that some how translates to career loser

if these are your view of fresh ideas ......wait i know they are based on your previous posts

but these are not fresh...nor are they even remotely good....they are the insane misinformed, uneducated, thoughts of a guy who only supports plummer and no one else as qb......kinda like you
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                            Sadly I agree with you.

To say you aren't impressed with Cutler so far is a bit like saying headcheese tastes like crap just by looking at it. The kid has played one game. Give him some time before making judgements, you know as well as I that all of the Cutler worship that went on last week is just wishful thinking. The kid has to learn.
                            Yes you are 100% on this post. Points to you when I get some.

Many think I love Jake, I think he is a damned fine QB that DEN did not deserve. They always want another John and personally think that cutler unless he is better will also get tired of the constant media and fan whining.

anyway I'm out of here going to watch my daughter pay Basket Ball.

Comment

well since he was talking about this season opener ...i say plummer watched more then cutlew did...he also played in this system for three years prior to this year....and even if you were considering jakes first game here as a starter...you have a pittiful aurgument....i believe jake had a worse day then cutler that day also......i think he had 3 ints and no tds

so trying to say cutler had an unfair advantage of watching 11 games prior to his first start, then plummer comeing in as a 8 year starting vet...is one of the stupidest things i have seen yet from the plummer side....almost as bad as the guy compareing cutlers 4 years at vandy to plummers 4 here with the broncos to show how much better plummer was

not to mention plummer first game here was with the benifit of all the practice time , all the first team time in training camp....first team in preseason, and the majority of snaps in the weeks leading up to the opener..........as opposed to cutler one week of practice as the starter

really you guys take the cake.....

sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X