Moving Foster to the Inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
    Broncos have the smallest O-line in the league. But with the sacrifice of size (and sometimes strength), the Broncos O-line is the fastest in the league. It helps us on screen passes and runs. The O-line is also to do chop blocks better. With the loss of size, it totally helps our run game.
    Cut blocks. Not chop blocks, they're cut blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
      Actually I expect a lot to change with the line, the Guards: Carlisle and Hamilton pretty much got owned this year, as did Foster on the right...but what I am looking at is that Denver is now looking for big athletic lineman for Cutler and this team, Foster may be worth a look inside, but let us look at the starters: Hamilton (283), Carlisle (295), Matt Lepsis (290), Meadows (290) and Nalen (286)...quite light, but let's look at our new linemen: Myers (300), Kuper (302), Foster (338), Pears (305) and Eslinger (290), getting a little bigger. I have a friend that believes that Hamilton not Foster will be traded to Houston for a 2nd Round Pick this year, not sure why he believes it, but I am starting to understand why...look at our future right side: Kuper and Pears (607) and our left is very open, he believes Eslinger may get a shot in a year or two but Nalen is likely to retire and Myers not Hamilton or Eslinger will be Denver's new center, unless Eslinger can get over 300lbs. and work it better then Chris. But he believes that Foster unless traded will be the left guard in Denver, he also believes that Denver will get two huge balanced lineman in the Draft; in the 1st Round: Levi Brown - OT - Penn State and in the 5th Round: Chase Johnson - OT - Wyoming, unless he said they trade Foster then likely they will nab in the 3rd Round: Manuel Ramirez - OG - Texas Tech or Ben Grubbs - OG - Auburn.

I can see his points as I said, but one thing stands out, that Denver has an investment in Cutler, Bowlen and Shanahan want him protected...and with how questionable the line is now doing, there is much needed change.
      I couldn't agree more with this. I feel that the two biggest areas to address early in the draft is the LOS on both sides of the ball. While we need some wr to develop, a pounder of an rb, and possibly a safety I believe that the biggest impact for next season could be along the LOS. Our roster looks interesting in some of these departments so it will be worth watching to see which way the broncos brain trust goes come April.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
        Actually I expect a lot to change with the line, the Guards: Carlisle and Hamilton pretty much got owned this year, as did Foster on the right...but what I am looking at is that Denver is now looking for big athletic lineman for Cutler and this team, Foster may be worth a look inside, but let us look at the starters: Hamilton (283), Carlisle (295), Matt Lepsis (290), Meadows (290) and Nalen (286)...quite light, but let's look at our new linemen: Myers (300), Kuper (302), Foster (338), Pears (305) and Eslinger (290), getting a little bigger. I have a friend that believes that Hamilton not Foster will be traded to Houston for a 2nd Round Pick this year, not sure why he believes it, but I am starting to understand why...look at our future right side: Kuper and Pears (607) and our left is very open, he believes Eslinger may get a shot in a year or two but Nalen is likely to retire and Myers not Hamilton or Eslinger will be Denver's new center, unless Eslinger can get over 300lbs. and work it better then Chris. But he believes that Foster unless traded will be the left guard in Denver, he also believes that Denver will get two huge balanced lineman in the Draft; in the 1st Round: Levi Brown - OT - Penn State and in the 5th Round: Chase Johnson - OT - Wyoming, unless he said they trade Foster then likely they will nab in the 3rd Round: Manuel Ramirez - OG - Texas Tech or Ben Grubbs - OG - Auburn.

I can see his points as I said, but one thing stands out, that Denver has an investment in Cutler, Bowlen and Shanahan want him protected...and with how questionable the line is now doing, there is much needed change.
        Do you suppose that is one of the reasons Mikey did not want to play cutler this year? Jake was a better scrambler and was expendable?

BTW lets pray the we really address the most glaring need in the DAFT DL.

But it has not happened in 10 years so why would we expect it to happen now.

Comment

Working...
        X