Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a believer, yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are you a believer, yet?

    Since the Griese days, I've questioned Shanahan's ability as a coach. If you take away the two Elway/Superbowl seasons, Shanahan's record doesn't stand out, does it? He certainly hasn't been known to produce over-producers. His move to put in Cutler as "the best chance to win" can certainly be challenged (who here thinks we'll beat San Diego this weekend?). And, games like Sunday night's certainly call into question his play calling and game-winning strategy.

    Go ahead and put up the negative replies to my post. I've received the same response before. But...think about how well the Broncos have performed since 1999. Just think about it.

  • #2
    Consistently fielding competative teams. Consistently finishing with a winning record. Consistently in the playoffs. Consistently in contention for the SB. All this despite losing a hall of fame QB and a potential hall of fame RB and TE. Find out how many other teams have such success after losing key players.



    I am a believer. I believe Coach Shanahan is a great coach.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LDB
      Consistently fielding competative teams. Consistently finishing with a winning record. Consistently in the playoffs. Consistently in contention for the SB. All this despite losing a hall of fame QB and a potential hall of fame RB and TE. Find out how many other teams have such success after losing key players.



      I am a believer. I believe Coach Shanahan is a great coach.

      You stole that point from me LDB!


      Adding to your point...
      Since Elway retired the Broncos have had only 1 losing season and 1 non-winning season (8-8). You don't maintain that kind of consistency by accident. It takes good scouting and good coaching to keep that up.

      The one thing I wonder is how many teams in the NFL have had 2 or fewer non-winning seasons since the 1999 season? I dare say the majority of NFL teams go through a feast and famine cycle due to the salary cap and free-agency. Not so in Denver!

      Good job Bowlen, Sundquist and Shanahan!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jtomasik
        But...think about how well the Broncos have performed since 1999. Just think about it.
        Playoffs in 2000 and 2003 - 2005....

        4 out of the 6 years since T.D. got hurt the Broncos have made the playoffs....

        Tell me how many other teams have had that kind of steady success year in and year out....

        The "Shanny Sucks" threads are getting very tiresome
        I owe CP's to: no one

        Comment


        • #5
          Whatever happened to the "the Broncos are all about the Superbowl"? I'd rather have 4 losing seasons and a Superbowl season than 5 seasons of squeeking by to get a wildcard playoff.

          So...I guess the Broncos aren't all about the Superbowl. They're about mediocrity. Ok, now I understand.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jtomasik
            Since the Griese days, I've questioned Shanahan's ability as a coach. If you take away the two Elway/Superbowl seasons, Shanahan's record doesn't stand out, does it? He certainly hasn't been known to produce over-producers. His move to put in Cutler as "the best chance to win" can certainly be challenged (who here thinks we'll beat San Diego this weekend?). And, games like Sunday night's certainly call into question his play calling and game-winning strategy.

            Go ahead and put up the negative replies to my post. I've received the same response before. But...think about how well the Broncos have performed since 1999. Just think about it.
            No I don't agree with your arguement. Even with losing a Hall of Fame quarterback the team continues to win consistantly. He's had ONE losing season in his tenure as head coach, it might be two depending on how the rest of this season goes.

            I don't know if you noticed but the team turned the ball over five times, Shanahan can't do much playing calling if the offense isn't on the field.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jtomasik
              Whatever happened to the "the Broncos are all about the Superbowl"? I'd rather have 4 losing seasons and a Superbowl season than 5 seasons of squeeking by to get a wildcard playoff.

              So...I guess the Broncos aren't all about the Superbowl. They're about mediocrity. Ok, now I understand.

              Right, that's easy to say in moment but I doubt very many would believe that.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jtomasik
                Whatever happened to the "the Broncos are all about the Superbowl"? I'd rather have 4 losing seasons and a Superbowl season than 5 seasons of squeeking by to get a wildcard playoff.

                So...I guess the Broncos aren't all about the Superbowl. They're about mediocrity. Ok, now I understand.



                its all about faith in the team bro and watching them win consistently. how would u feel if u were a browns fan and had no hope?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wouldn't set the bar at being a Browns team. I'd set the bar at being the Patriots, or the Steelers of the 70's, etc.

                  So, I guess for all of these Shanahan supporters, this year looks like a good one so far, eh?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jtomasik
                    Since the Griese days, I've questioned Shanahan's ability as a coach. If you take away the two Elway/Superbowl seasons, Shanahan's record doesn't stand out, does it? He certainly hasn't been known to produce over-producers. His move to put in Cutler as "the best chance to win" can certainly be challenged (who here thinks we'll beat San Diego this weekend?). And, games like Sunday night's certainly call into question his play calling and game-winning strategy.

                    Go ahead and put up the negative replies to my post. I've received the same response before. But...think about how well the Broncos have performed since 1999. Just think about it.
                    i have concerns about our coordinators, which is part of mikes choices, however I know mike is a good great coach. You cant win every superbowl every year, not to many coaches in history have the wins he has in the regular season and post season. Some of our players just havent worked out over the past few years (greise, plummer) but we consistantly have a competative team and make players that no one thinks will be good into good NFL players. I have faith
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Other teams would die to have Shanny.
                      Look around and who is better?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jtomasik
                        I wouldn't set the bar at being a Browns team. I'd set the bar at being the Patriots, or the Steelers of the 70's, etc.

                        So, I guess for all of these Shanahan supporters, this year looks like a good one so far, eh?

                        And even those teams missed the superbowl more often than they played in it. Reality is that over any significant stretch of time any particular team will fail to attain a SB appearance.

                        Elway, indeed, set the bar very high. During his tenure in the Blue & Orange we had more winning seasons than not and could expect to at least make the playoffs. For almost 20 years that happened and now "everyone" (yourself included jtomasik) sets a playoff appearance as mediocrity. Reality is that only 6 teams out of 16 go to the playoffs from the AFC. Just making a playoff appearance is A mark of excellence (at least in the AFC), and many fans just dream of their team making the playoffs let alone winning a post-season game (can you say Detriot, Arizona, Cleveland?)

                        It's hard to be grateful for what you have when you've got it all the time. The Broncos have posted consistently winning seasons for the past 25 years. Be thankful that we aren't mediocre like many teams in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's a recipe for keeping a head coaching job....

                          Originally posted by jtomasik
                          Whatever happened to the "the Broncos are all about the Superbowl"? I'd rather have 4 losing seasons and a Superbowl season than 5 seasons of squeeking by to get a wildcard playoff.

                          So...I guess the Broncos aren't all about the Superbowl. They're about mediocrity. Ok, now I understand.
                          "Just have four losing seasons, draft first, and win a SB. " Anybody know, off the top of your head, the last team to win the Big One after a losing season? Even Dallas' dynasty had to go 1-15 before they could win one, and they didn't do that the next year. You can bet the farm if that had been midway through Jimmy Johnsons tenure instead of at the end he'd have been gone like a shot.

                          Yeah, I'd like to see Shanny tank the rest of the season for draft picks if we don't beat SD, but it ain't gonna happen 'cos Shanny doesn't coach losing teams, with or without Elway and TD. That we have a bear of a schedule this year and will probably still be 9-7 or 10-6 says a whole lot about him as a coach. We have five losses, all to teams that are either a mortal lock for the playoffs or in the hunt. And that's not even counting our wins against the Pats and Ravens. Or the defending SB Champs. Heck, the Rams are the worst team that's beaten us, and if they play well against the 'Skins and Vikes they'll probably be .500 when they're done. And we've been in every single game we lost; our "blow out" was the 9 point loss to KC. You show me a coach that can have a winning season in the NFL playing ten games against playoff teams (we still play SD and Cincy) and I'll show you a coach who can run my team any day--except he can't, 'cos I've got Shanny, and I think I'll keep him, thanks.
                          Last edited by Morambar; 12-05-2006, 08:09 AM.
                          SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jtomasik
                            Since the Griese days, I've questioned Shanahan's ability as a coach. If you take away the two Elway/Superbowl seasons, Shanahan's record doesn't stand out, does it? He certainly hasn't been known to produce over-producers. His move to put in Cutler as "the best chance to win" can certainly be challenged (who here thinks we'll beat San Diego this weekend?). And, games like Sunday night's certainly call into question his play calling and game-winning strategy.

                            Go ahead and put up the negative replies to my post. I've received the same response before. But...think about how well the Broncos have performed since 1999. Just think about it.

                            What has been questioned by me is your ability to write decent posts since Elway left!
                            If you love NFL stats and history
                            pro-football-reference.com
                            jt-sw.com/football

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                              You stole that point from me LDB!


                              Adding to your point...
                              Since Elway retired the Broncos have had only 1 losing season and 1 non-winning season (8-8). You don't maintain that kind of consistency by accident. It takes good scouting and good coaching to keep that up.

                              The one thing I wonder is how many teams in the NFL have had 2 or fewer non-winning seasons since the 1999 season? I dare say the majority of NFL teams go through a feast and famine cycle due to the salary cap and free-agency. Not so in Denver!

                              Good job Bowlen, Sundquist and Shanahan!
                              Until Jake no playoffs and with mostly medicore play on Defense, with a few exceptions, Lynch and Bailey both which were I might note, not drafted by Mikey.

                              If your happy with the winnig record remember which Qb got us to those playoffs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X