• Show
Clear All

Well there you go... lets go to wade

you know, the guy with no superbowls
    We need nasty

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      You're 100% wrong on that one, JR.

Wade was tinkering with the defense, and had even decided to change it to a 3-4 just before he got fired, all because it was not that good.

The offense?

John's 2 best seasons (statistically) in his whole career were when Wade was the HC. Fassel was the OC.

Our offense was great. Our defense not-so-great.

Mntman I'm pretty sure it was 3-4 the year before Phillips got fired and changed to 4-3 and put Simon Flectcher back at defensive end.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by jtomasik
        Whatever happened to the "the Broncos are all about the Superbowl"? I'd rather have 4 losing seasons and a Superbowl season than 5 seasons of squeeking by to get a wildcard playoff.

So...I guess the Broncos aren't all about the Superbowl. They're about mediocrity. Ok, now I understand.
        That sounds nice in theory but how often do you have teams suck 4 out of 5 years and win a Super Bowl? Usually you have to have good teams to go all the way.

Some teams try to put all their eggs in one basket (salary cap) and win a Superbowl, sacrificing the future to do so. Some teams do it, like the 2000 Ravens and have since had two losing seasons and only two playoff appearances. Other teams attempt it and fail, like the recent Titans who had to completely blow up their rosters in a failed attempt to even reach the Super Bowl and are just now starting to look semi-respectable again.

It's a personal preference but I like to stay competitive and still have hope of going all the way (we were close last year) rather than have one or two really good seasons and then suck for a while as you have complete rebuilding years.

Shanny has always kept us in the hunt (barring the Great Crash of 1999) and at least given us hope each year. I can't imagine what it's like to be a Lions or Cardinals fan, and I never want to. I've even talked to Titans fans who've wallowed in the misery of their rebuilding years. I don't know that their close calls were worth their terrible seasons.

Anyway, to each his (or her) own. Luckily for most of us, Pat Bowlen also appreciates consistent winning with a chance for postseason success (just keep those Colts away! ). And it appears he's ready to extend Shanny's contract yet again.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Details, details....

I'm not sure how much we can count the Pats; they were on their third coach in five years, and while they had a losing season in Belichicks first year, before that they were 8-8, before that 9-7 and before that 11-5. Before that Parcells was the coach and they lost the Super Bowl to Green Bay. The Rams count though; they were truly awful until Vermeil made them respectable, but Vermeil is a genius, simple as that. But, yeah, no one has a winning season every single year. Except Shanny, who's almost certain to have one again this year, even with all the complaining about his having lost it because he only managed to win 9 games playing ten playoff calibre teams, the SB Champs, the Browns, the Raiders, the 'Niners and the Cards.
          SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Mntman I'm pretty sure it was 3-4 the year before Phillips got fired and changed to 4-3 and put Simon Flectcher back at defensive end.
            I might have my lineups confused. I just know that after the 7-9 season, he was talking about fixing the defense.

The point of my post was that JR was wrong about the defense being good and the offense being bad while he was the HC.

The opposite was true under Wade.

sigpic

Comment

I might have my lineups confused. I just know that after the 7-9 season, he was talking about fixing the defense.

The point of my post was that JR was wrong about the defense being good and the offense being bad while he was the HC.

So the only point of your post was to tell someone they were wrong and you think you are right.

Gotcha.. :thumb: ...what is this, second grade??

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                So the only point of your post was to tell someone they were wrong and you think you are right.

Get a life.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jtomasik
                  Since the Griese days, I've questioned Shanahan's ability as a coach. If you take away the two Elway/Superbowl seasons, Shanahan's record doesn't stand out, does it? He certainly hasn't been known to produce over-producers. His move to put in Cutler as "the best chance to win" can certainly be challenged (who here thinks we'll beat San Diego this weekend?). And, games like Sunday night's certainly call into question his play calling and game-winning strategy.

Go ahead and put up the negative replies to my post. I've received the same response before. But...think about how well the Broncos have performed since 1999. Just think about it.
                  I have thought about it. I've also shown that Shanahan has won more regular season game than any other coach in NFL HISTORY after losing a HoF QB. I've shown that Shanahan has gone to the playoffs more times than anyone else in NFL History, after losing a HoF QB. Considering we were one game away from the Super Bowl last season, and that was just 6 years after losing HoF talent such as Elway, SHarpe, Davis, Atwater, Romonowski, and Zimmerman... I would say that Shanahan has done an incredible job.

Thanks for playing though.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle

you've never tried to correct anyone wtm??? come on.......

Comment

I understand I just trying to help that one little point.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                      X