How do you think the team reacted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think the team reacted?

Without thinking of Cutlers play how do you think the TEAM played. I think the defense turned around what they were in the begining of the year, but still can not finish off teams, and the offense got a bit better.
    The same nothing has changed
    52.94%
    The team got worse
    17.65%
    The team got better
    17.65%
    It was a complete turn around
    5.88%
    Other
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Bronco4l1fe; 12-05-2006, 10:12 AM.
    Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Defense stepped it up and did more than their job.

The offense focused more on the running game and made it work to give Cutler some breathing room.

Considering the situation, I thought the team reacted very well, and should have.

Aside from rookie mistakes at QB, which were expected, and a few key fumbles, Denver was the better team and should have won.

I don't feel the organization is in despair like everyone thinks they are after the loss.

If Cutler limits his mistakes, Denver has a good shot at making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco4l1fe
      Without thinking of Cutlers play how do you think the TEAM played.
      I think the defense played VERy well from the start. I think the fact that our offense couldn't hold posession very long eventually wore them down. The fourth quarter alone, the defense was on the field for over 12 minutes. I think that explains how we can't get any kind of rush in those closing minutes. Those guys are just worn out.

I think our running game looked better again. That was excellent to see. I know I've put down Tatum, and have defended him, but I think we can definitely see that Tatum is by far the best runner on the team.

I was glad to see that the TEs were more involved this week. Although they didn't end up with a ton of catches.. they were definitely the target more often than they had been for most of the year.

People want to criticize Darrant, but he played a pretty damned good game. Even his tackling was more solid this week than in the past.

I was shocked to see Rod Smith fumble the ball. I think our ST units are absolutely terrible. But then, they've been terrible for as long as I can remember. I think the returner showed some explosion, but he has to hang onto the ball. Turnovers were horrendous. You can't beat a team when you have 5 turnovers (even though we very well could have).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco4l1fe
        Without thinking of Cutlers play how do you think the TEAM played.
        You are joking aren't you?

5 turnovers, as many 3 and outs as normal maybe more.

The defense showed up for the first half just like normal.

With the entire playbook in, Mikey called the same game as normal.

Receivers dropped a few passes just like with Jake.

DB had their hands on the cutler balls more than once.

The oline was as porous as normal.

The only thing I saw taht was abnormal was Mikey finally called the rookie TE's number and did not have him deactivated. And Marshall did something with teh pass he was thrown. Without those two cutlers number would have been pathetic instead of poor.

Comment

The defense did a great job against the run. I can't say to much against the pass because it looked more like Seattle was playing bad then the defense playing good. The running game was alot better and tatum really did a good job. Cutler of course played like a rookie and I hope he gets better as the season goes on.
          President Cool

Comment

Nothing changed..

we still depend on defense and as usual they gave last minute drive ....

Comment

Nothing changed.

Play calling was the same, it was supposed to open up with Cutler.

Defense got tired, it was supposed to be rested with a better offense behind Cutler.

Special teams was hot and cold.

THe running game got better, thanks Tatum.

The O-line still can't pass protect, they were supposed to be able to block better for Cutler.

Nothing changed which makes it obvious that there are more problems on this team then just needing a QB change.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                Nothing changed.

Defense got tired, it was supposed to be rested with a better offense behind Cutler.

The O-line still can't pass protect, they were supposed to be able to block better for Cutler.

Nothing changed which makes it obvious that there are more problems on this team then just needing a QB change.

Or it could be that it was Cutler's first game is the reason things didn't open up.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                  Nothing changed.

you are right my friend..

i noticed it clearly when shanny decided to run and 3 and 5...

to me..he has no confidence on both Jake and Jay(may be it is his first game???)..

I hope he starts believing in cutler and open his playbook and be agressive in his playcalling...

Comment

The team clearly did better.

What killed us at the end was the injuries. I think Cutler for Jake was a wash as far as their play goes, but it did seem to energize the players.

Al going down was a huge hit for the team. Glad to see he's coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by go_cutler
                      I hope he starts believing in cutler and open his playbook and be agressive in his playcalling...

It isn't that simple. You start opening up the playbook, and spreading the offense out, you leave the interior susceptible to pressure and blitzes. If you have a young, inexperienced QB, they're going to have trouble picking out the blitz packages, because they haven't seen them before.

This is why Peyton Manning is an elite QB, because of the way he reads a defense, and then makes adjustments. He has to make those adjustments, because they spread the field so much.

He didn't make those adjustments early in his career though.

I do not think Shanahan is going to leave Cutler out on an island so he can open up the playbook. He would be a fool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        Or it could be that it was Cutler's first game is the reason things didn't open up.

Early on in the game I saw a glimmer of hope.....

We saw the formation of 4 wide, and a RB in the backfield. Cutler puts the RB in motion and now there is 5 wide. I believe that is that formation when CUtler hit ALexander for a td. We haven't seen that formation in a while, and I nice visions of Elway sending TD in motion and having 5 wide.

When I saw that I was hopeful in that maybe, just maybe we will start seeing more of that formation or similar. I think the INT by CUtler changed it all. At that point, the play calling got vanilla again and it was all down hill from there.

That said, I don't believe in the "first game" thing. We came out using it but got away from it. Obviously SHanahan had confidence in Cutler to run different formations, its just he might have lost that confidence ( for the night ) after he started making mistakes.

Comment

The team reacted like it always has. Try to win a game.

Uhhhh.... We haven't lost to good teams by much.

We are still a fearful team.

Just get rid of Coyer and get new special team directions and I think we willl be ok for the playoffs.

I think we are the spoilers.

I actually do.

Stop laughing

I am serious.

BRONCOS!!

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

Nothing changed as of yet, but in time it will get better.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X