• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paymah in my mind would make a better saftey
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
      Paymah in my mind would make a better saftey
      I agree with you. The days of having a strong safety and a free safety are long gone. With the multitude of formations and nearly constant motion, a safety must be able to excel in coverage and also be able to come, shed a FB's block, and make the tackle. 180 pounds seems a little shy of the muscle necessary to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
        I agree with you. The days of having a strong safety and a free safety are long gone. With the multitude of formations and nearly constant motion, a safety must be able to excel in coverage and also be able to come, shed a FB's block, and make the tackle. 180 pounds seems a little shy of the muscle necessary to do the job.
        Yea Foxworth is TINY, and this doesn't strike me as a permanent move at all. Just filling holes...

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
          I say put Chukwurah back there.
          Hey now that's an idea, if nothing else Chukwurah could vomit back there and receiver could slip on it.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            well.. We have two injured safeties... so I'm guessing it is a move out of deperation. As far as Shanahan's comments, I think it may simply saying something positive about a bad situation where he is pretty limited in his choices. Why would he choose to say something negative when I'm sure he's trying to build the player's confidence. Plus, there have been MANY cases where a corner has moved to safety and done a fantastic job.

We are dealing with injuries, and when you have a limited selection of athletes, you MUST try to put the best players ON the field. Plus he's not getting playing time at corner because as of right now, he's being beat out by Williams. So putting him on the field is at least using some of his skills to help the team. How do you know he's doing fine where he is and wouldn't be better suited for a safety? YOu don't really know that.

I think its just a move that is being made because of injuries. I wouldn't exactly say this is something he planned on doing when we had all of our depth in place.

perhaps i should have read the original post more carefully-- i thought this was being discussed as a permanent move. . . .let me clarify-- i've got no problem with playing foxworth there this year in the interest of getting our best players on the field, as i certainly realize how banged up we are back there. . . . however, i sure hope they aren't looking at this as any sort of long-term solution-- to me the fact that we're playing our best nickel back at safety only emphasizes the need to add some quality depth at the position in the offseason, whether through the draft (one of those 3rd round picks, maybe) or free agency. . . .

the bottom line is that we had decent depth there, and it's just bad luck to lose brandon AND ferguson for the season. . . but we really need to add a young, balanced safety alongside cox and brandon if we don't think abdullah is the answer-- it makes me nervous to only carry 4 true corners and rely on our best backups at safety as our only corner depth as well. . . just another reason that we need to get some better DLs so we don't have to keep quite so many around-- i'm fine with having a deep rotation there, but with the number of TEs and DEs we have on the roster, we end up crunched for space elsewhere. . .
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Did we cut Tyler Everett?? If I remember correctly, he was quite a bit bigger than Foxy and Played Safety at Ohio behind the kid that went to Buffalo.

Comment

I didn't even know we signed this guy, but he hasn't had any contributions thus far. Hamza Abdullah is still listed on the team & he is over 200 lbs. I think the reason that Foxy is out there is the Football IQ that he has displayed thus far, and the fact that his lack of bulk hasn't burned us YET.

Comment

Hey, now, that kid Ferguson's younger than me.

Originally posted by Dream
                  I don't know if this is a paradox or not, but it's sort of hard to like Lynch and Ferguson as long-term safeties when both are in their 30's nearing the ends of their careers.
                  By more than two months. He's even younger than Jennifer O'Dell ( *drools* ) and she's still got her girlish good looks. So how's he 32 (barely) if he's only been playing for 7 years, anyway? I could still see him playing another five years though; either way I'm not thrilled by the idea of a 180 lb. "strong" safety. On the other hand, Fergie's 200, as I recall, and he does OK. Gotta go, the Broncos are in the blue jerseys on sindicated Simpsons.
                  SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

He is a natural CB. I say we jsut start him over D-Will or rotate him. Fire Coyer. And play man2man.
                    MMA News
                    MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72
                      Bring back Kenoy
                      You know we can't bring back everyone...
                      "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Working...
                      X