OH the WHINING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH the WHINING!

OH THE WHINING!!! I can just hear it NOW... as soon as we pick a defensive player in the first round.. the major WHIIIiiiiiii NING that is going to happen. 'WHY WHY... why didn't we go WR!?" Why did we pick this guy instead of that guy? WHy couldn't we have traded uP to get such-n-such... I don't understand how come we didn't take a QB....

God. I'm gettting a heach ache just thinking about it now

We should just start some whining threads now. Better yet.. a whole new section for "DRAFT COMPLAINTS & WHINING"

The threads are going to be SOooo full of 'negative' comments and b!tching. Its not going to be a pretty site. The ones that don't post often will post the one-liners (notice the hyphen rc) of hate and disgust because we didn't take their favorite college player. Because we took a defensive lineman instead of the more 'exciting' position. I'm grabbing my beverage, my bowl of chips, and a GIANT bottle of ibuprofen in preperation.

Cure for the whining= <////////////>
    Just twist a few up in advance.
    97-DenverBroncos-98

Comment

My one-liner (in advance): why didn't we draft special teams first?
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

If they don't take a punter in the first round then the whole draft is a waste

Comment

I think the broncos should take a long snapper with their 1st pick!

Comment

Originally posted by DDP32
            If they don't take a punter in the first round then the whole draft is a waste
            No, we need Kaeding from Iowa

Comment

Re: OH the WHINING!

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              OH THE WHINING!!! I can just hear it NOW... as soon as we pick a defensive player in the first round.. the major WHIIIiiiiiii NING that is going to happen. 'WHY WHY... why didn't we go WR!?" Why did we pick this guy instead of that guy? WHy couldn't we have traded uP to get such-n-such... I don't understand how come we didn't take a QB....

We should just start some whining threads now. Better yet.. a whole new section for "DRAFT COMPLAINTS & WHINING"

The threads are going to be SOooo full of 'negative' comments and b!tching. Its not going to be a pretty site. The ones that don't post often will post the one-liners (notice the hyphen rc) of hate and disgust because we didn't take their favorite college player. Because we took a defensive lineman instead of the more 'exciting' position. I'm grabbing my beverage, my bowl of chips, and a GIANT bottle of ibuprofen in preperation.

Ravage, I respect you. I hang around here alot, I just don't have much to say, hence the low post count. I've read alot of your stuff. But c'mon man... what if they don't go D with the first pick? They very well may, but if they don't you are going to look like an IDIOT. Like YOU have some inside slant on what personnel may or may not be planning. This post from you surprises me. Again, they may go D, but if the 2 or 3 players they wanted on D are gone by 17..... who knows? I can say for sure that you most certainly DO NOT. Sorry if I sound like an arrogant jerk, but you are no prophet.

Comment

The best thing is that all the prophets out there can shut up after tomorrow. Time to lay the cards on the table and see who we pick.

I still think it will be offense. Either way you will have the second guessers kicking in...

"WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE IS........."
                "WHY DIDN'T WE TAKE........"
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

No i'd rather have a LB in the first round anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: OH the WHINING!

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
                    No i'd rather have a LB in the first round anyway.
                    yeah..I'm actually expecting them to draft a Defensive player...just too good to pass up...
                    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Yup. I think they will.

Since we got a DB with that trade I'd be thinking a lineman, cause a DB can only cover so long; and a defensive tackle at that, since we have some very talented defensive ends.

Also, it's hard to find good defensive players in the later rounds... and with the fact that the later rounds is usually where we find our best offensive players anyhow.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                      - Carl Sagan

Comment

Hey Ravage, are you predicting we take a defensive player or are you just predicting there will be whiners regardless of who is picked?

If the former, I wouldn't be so certain. It all depends on who's available when we pick. What if by some twist of fate Winslow drops all the way to #17? (I know he won't but I'm making a point.)

If the latter, I definitely agree with you. Half the board will probably complain if we go offense and the other half will complain if we go defense. It'll be fun, for sure! I just pray Shanny & Co. don't get too risky and reach for a pick. Then 95% of the board will be up in arms.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Excatly! Unless Rashaun isn't on the board then we go with Hackett for our 2ndb.
                          sigpic

Comment

Honestly, if Denver takes running back Jackson or linebacker Vilma, I'll be happy. So being I don't care if they take offense or defense...i won't whine

For as deep as the draft is, I think they could honestly get Woods with the Skins 2nd round pick.

Comment

See I avoid the whole whining about who we picked by not caring until pre-season/training camp when I get a feel for what these players are actually bringing to the field...I don't care if we draft Rainbow Bright as a gatorade girl...I trust in the opinions of our coaching staff (most of the time...heh) and know that they will be trying to field the best possible team they can...

But I agree...there will be whining no matter what we pick. We could pick up garbage from the side of the street, find a winning powerball ticket, use it to pay off the stadium, lower ticket prices & there would still be whiners...

As far as what Ravage was saying about defense, wr, etc, I think he was just giving examples of what people are going to say, instead of just leaving it at "why did we pick..." No need to jump the guy, geesh!

Comment

Working...
                              X