elway vs. manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elway vs. manning

i see alot of people posting what,"if your calling eli a baby then your calling elway 1 too." "elway did the same thing!" thats all wrong. yes elway didnt want to go play for the colts. a matter of fact hewas drafted by them and went and played baseball. elway was a stud with the yankees minor league. he was hitting around .350. he could have went and had a good carreer in baseball. my point is elway had other options. wtf is eli gonna do if the chargers draft him? sit and live off his daddy and brother? thats why the two situations are different.

Re: elway vs. manning

Originally posted by azbroncofan
    i see alot of people posting what,"if your calling eli a baby then your calling elway 1 too." "elway did the same thing!" thats all wrong. yes elway didnt want to go play for the colts. a matter of fact hewas drafted by them and went and played baseball. elway was a stud with the yankees minor league. he was hitting around .350. he could have went and had a good carreer in baseball. my point is elway had other options. wtf is eli gonna do if the chargers draft him? sit and live off his daddy and brother? thats why the two situations are different.
    was it the colts? i thought it was baltimore.....?
    Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

Re: Re: elway vs. manning

Originally posted by cprender8
      was it the colts? i thought it was baltimore.....?
      same thing back then..Baltimore Colts..Baltimore wasn't the Ravens until the Browns moved from Cleveland...
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Why doesn't he want to play for the chargers yes they suck real bad.......But what ever happened to PLAYING THE SPORT YOU LOVE.
        2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

Because he actually wants to play for a team that wants to win. He looks at the Chargeless and sees another Cardinal team. Which I seem to believe also. I don't think San Diego's front office wants to win either....just put butts in the seats.

I have no problem with Manning wanting to play for someone else. Hell, I think he'd take a pay cut to play for a team that cares about winning. And their isn't anything different between what he's doing and Elway. Just because Elway could have play baseball? Doesn't matter.
          Last edited by broncosfan247; 04-24-2004, 08:09 AM.

Comment

hes not a crybaby he want to win and thats understandable.

Comment

Eli is not being a cry baby, just a BABY. His daddy doesn't want him to play for a less than good team for a decade like he did with the Saints. They need to realize that in todays game it's possible for a franchise to turn around in a few years, they just need to get the right people on their side. Look at what Dungy did in Tampa, I know it wasn't just Dungy that turned them around, you need good front office people too. Carolina was able to do the same thing, along with a bunch of other teams.
              Elway was a baby for doing the same thing, don't get me wrong, I think Elway is a great player, but he could have handled the situation a little diffrently.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
              Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
              Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
              Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

We all know he went to the Chargers and there probably going to have a trade with the Giants but it would have not really made any differance if he got drafted by the Chargers or Raiders, both teams arent that good. He was for sure going to be a top 5 pick, all of those teams have a couple years of rebuilding to do.

Comment

Yes, Eli and John are doing basically the same thing. Saying they don't want to play for the team that is likely to draft them.

But they did them for two totally different reasons(If you don't know the reasons why John did what he did, then you have no place in this argument at all). That is why John's reason is excusable, while Eli's(or Archie's) is not.

That's all, have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol
                    Yes, Eli and John are doing basically the same thing. Saying they don't want to play for the team that is likely to draft them.

But they did them for two totally different reasons(If you don't know the reasons why John did what he did, then you have no place in this argument at all). That is why John's reason is excusable, while Eli's(or Archie's) is not.

That's all, have a nice day.
                    Can you say "hypocrite"???

Comment

Working...
                    X