X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver can't get past

the colts
    the chargers
    the looming return of the NFC stadium we will have to win in......
    Underneath this Flabby Exterior is a huge lack of character...

Comment

Originally posted by McFlorida
      the colts
      the chargers
      the looming return of the NFC stadium we will have to win in......
      Isn't the superbowl in Florida this year?

And while I agree we can't get past the chargers, why not the colts?

Their run D is even worse now than it was when we played them, and even though he's a rookie, I feel a little bit more confident with Cutler than I do with Plummer.

If we open up the run game against them, that'll really open up the pass, and I don't think it'd be impossible for us to win.
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Thread unstuck.... waiting for updates.

Thanks, RYO....
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
          Thread unstuck.... waiting for updates.

Thanks, RYO....
          I guess there will be some impact to next weeks scenario based on what the Jets do tomorrow.

However, I 'think' it comes down to one of two things. If KC loses next week OR Denver wins next week, then Denver is in.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
            I guess there will be some impact to next weeks scenario based on what the Jets do tomorrow.

However, I 'think' it comes down to one of two things. If KC loses next week OR Denver wins next week, then Denver is in.

They could also get in with a Tennessee loss and two Jets losses.

Comment

Originally posted by jpc925
              They could also get in with a Tennessee loss and two Jets losses.
              I've read a couple of you say that, but wouldn't it also require a Cincy and Jax loss (or tie of course)?

I don't see how the Broncos get in if they lose, KC wins, Cincy or Jax wins, even if Tenn loses and Jets lose twice.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I've read a couple of you say that, but wouldn't it also require a Cincy and Jax loss (or tie of course)?

I don't see how the Broncos get in if they lose, KC wins, Cincy or Jax wins, even if Tenn loses and Jets lose twice.
                Well..for a little sneak peak at our scenerios...of course I'm waiting on tomorrow night's jets game and then I'll make the thread tomorrow night (late).

But we can get in next week with:

A win OR

A KC loss

OR a Tennessee loss and 2 Jets losses.

The last one being true because KC would be ahead of us at the 5 seed, but we'd have the tiebreakers over Cincy with 7 losses because we'd have beaten them, and KC would have tiebreaker over Jax by beating them, and of course us over Jax by better AFC record. And along with the Tennessee loss, that'd mean everyone would have 8 losses except for us, KC, Cincy and Jax.

Then KC would be 5th (tiebreaker over broncos and jaguars, broncos have tiebreaker over cincy)

Denver would be sixth (better afc record than Jax, head 2 head win over cincy)

and that's how we'd be in, as the sixth seed.

A KC loss or a win would give us the fifth seed.

Again, WHOLE thread to be up on this LATE tomorrow night or tuesday.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                  Well..for a little sneak peak at our scenerios...of course I'm waiting on tomorrow night's jets game and then I'll make the thread tomorrow night (late).

But we can get in next week with:

A win OR

A KC loss

OR a Tennessee loss and 2 Jets losses.

The last one being true because KC would be ahead of us at the 5 seed, but we'd have the tiebreakers over Cincy with 7 losses because we'd have beaten them, and KC would have tiebreaker over Jax by beating them, and of course us over Jax by better AFC record. And along with the Tennessee loss, that'd mean everyone would have 8 losses except for us, KC, Cincy and Jax.

Then KC would be 5th (tiebreaker over broncos and jaguars, broncos have tiebreaker over cincy)

Denver would be sixth (better afc record than Jax, head 2 head win over cincy)

and that's how we'd be in, as the sixth seed.

A KC loss or a win would give us the fifth seed.

Again, WHOLE thread to be up on this LATE tomorrow night or tuesday.
                  I'm sorry but this is all wrong.

The #3 team in any division is automatically eliminated no matter what that team's record compared with a #2 team in another division. NO #3 team can ever beat out a #2 team from another division no matter what their respective records! Either KC OR Denver, but not both can make the playoffs. Since KC would have the tie-breaker over denver (division record), then a Denver loss and KC win automatically eliminates Denver, whether or not KC makes the playoffs!

Don't believe me? Take a look at the NFL tie-breakers. First, use the intra-divisional tie-breakers to eliminate the #3 team in that division. Then compare the #2 teams using the inter-divisional tie-breakers (2 or 3 teams).

In practice that means that a team could go 11-5 and get eliminated because two other teams in the division had better records or tie breakers, even though the other wild card from another division had a 10-6 record!

The NFL changed the old tie-breaking procedures which used to allow 2 wild card teams from the same division if that's the breaks.

Personally, I liked the old rules better, but they didn't ask me!
                  Last edited by Cugel; 12-24-2006, 09:44 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't believe that's (entirely) true.

Originally posted by Cugel
                    I'm sorry but this is all wrong.

The #3 team in any division is automatically eliminated no matter what that team's record compared with a #2 team in another division. NO #3 team can ever beat out a #2 team from another division no matter what their respective records! Either KC OR Denver, but not both can make the playoffs. Since KC would have the tie-breaker over denver (division record), then a Denver loss and KC win automatically eliminates Denver, whether or not KC makes the playoffs!

Don't believe me? Take a look at the NFL tie-breakers. First, use the intra-divisional tie-breakers to eliminate the #3 team in that division. Then compare the #2 teams using the inter-divisional tie-breakers (2 or 3 teams).

In practice that means that a team could go 11-5 and get eliminated because two other teams in the division had better records or tie breakers, even though the other wild card from another division had a 10-6 record!

The NFL changed the old tie-breaking procedures which used to allow 2 wild card teams from the same division if that's the breaks.

Personally, I liked the old rules better, but they didn't ask me!
                    Once you break the tie for the #5 seed you start all over, and if the #2 division team gets it (in this case KC) and the #3 division team has the tiebreak over everyone else (which we do) they're the #6. The problem is that the Jets are 8-6 going up the 6-8 Dolphins and then Chokeland, and if they win out at 10-6 they get the #5 if we lose next week. Then we need to win or tie or have KC lose or tie the Jags because there's only one spot left and if we have the same record it's KCs. If the Jets lose a game and Cincy loses a KC win and Denver loss makes the Jets the #5 after the tiebreak, but then we revert to the start for the #6, and KC has the division tie break over us If we win/tie, we're in, period. If KC loses/ties, we're in period. Otherwise, we're out no matter what.

Everyone clear? If not try this:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

and then go to "Standings" and each teams "Schedule" to work it out. Though you should probably pack a lunch....
                    Last edited by Morambar; 12-26-2006, 10:21 PM.
                    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Because if the Jets lose, KC wins and we lose KC's #5.

And we have tiebreaks over everyone else, which count big time if KC's already got the #5; we get the #6. But for that to be viable there can't be a 10-6 team, and if the Jets win out they're 10-6 and the #5 seed unless we're 10-6 and the #5 seed.

See how that works?
                      SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X