Nothing changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing changes

Been away for a little bit but enjoyed the chief loss just as much as the bronco win. All I wanted from this lost was a little dose of reality something to prove that the chiefs can be beat. And certain chief fans will scream that they never thought they would go undefeated but a majority of them were so arrogant on this board and they rubbed it in very hard. Just like priest holmes and tong gonzalez who were insulted not only by the lost but who they lost too. I didn't know the chiefs won a super bowl last year that they couldn't give the bengals respect for beating them. what i got from thier post game interviews was a team that hasn't won a super bowl but is walking and talking with a super bowl swagger. That's not good because all that means is that the chiefs can be upset again because they might overlook another team because they can't believe they could lose to a team with a worse record then them. bronco fans what do you think?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

i watched just a little part of Tony G's post game interview, but still from that i saw how he still thought that the chiefs were the best team in the nfl, and they are unbreakable, untouchable... and the bengals who just beat them was a crap team.

****.. if a loss cant bring em back down to earth, then i dont know what the hell can
    "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

I agree

That's what I saw. You would think Tony G won two or three super bowls the way he was talking. I hope he keeps thinking that way cause other teams will beat the chiefs with that attitude.

Comment

Shouldn't a 9-1 team have a swagger? The Chiefs did not look over the Bangles, **** wouldn't let them do that. They just came out flat for 3 1/2 quarters. And they still almost won! That's the mark of a good team in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefsMang
          Shouldn't a 9-1 team have a swagger? The Chiefs did not look over the Bangles, **** wouldn't let them do that. They just came out flat for 3 1/2 quarters. And they still almost won! That's the mark of a good team in my book.

Swagger??? They were beat by the Bengals and they played horrible. If I remember right when the Broncos lost to the Giants they admitted they made mistakes and played poorly. They did not have someone like Tony G. saying that the other team was a bad team. Vermeil handled it correctly in his press conference.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

see this is what i mean

Not once did i mention that chiefs weren't a good team but most teams that talk like tony G after a loss like that usually have the experience of bouncing back. What have the chiefs won? Do they have any hardware to walk with a swagger? It's the defending super bowl champs and they swore other teams were going to bow to them every game as soon as they walked on the field and look at thier record. Yet they earned that swagger from a super bowl win, the chiefs haven't. Once you have the best record in the league everybody is gunning for you. no game is a gimme. the chiefs are talking like they won a super bowl already and how dare the bengals beat us. excuse me untill you win a super bowl everbody is beatable.

Comment

... The Chiefs did not look over the Bangles, **** wouldn't let them do that...
              Too bad the Chiefs overlooked the Bengals. Good teams don't play flat for 3 1/2 quarters. Teams that overlook their opponent play flat for 3 1/2 quarters. KC was not a good team on Sunday.

Comment

I wouldn't say......

The chiefs are a good team that because they were 9-0 believed that everything was in the bag going into cincy. How dare chad johnson gaurantee a win against the undefeated chiefs. Like the inexperience team the chiefs are his guarantee proved out. The chiefs are a good team no doubt about that but they got a long way to go to prove they are the best team in football.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                  They did not have someone like Tony G. saying that the other team was a bad team. Vermeil handled it correctly in his press conference.
                  The statement was against the organization, not the players or the coach. The Chiefs admitted they got outplayed. Besides, the odds were in the Bengals favor....the Chiefs had to lose sometime.

Comment

Nice block

That's not what some chiefs fans were saying prior to this game. The odds are always against teams going undefeated but thier were many chief fans swearing that they would be undefeated by the time Dec 7th rolled around.

Comment

Re: I wouldn't say......

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                      The chiefs are a good team that because they were 9-0 believed that everything was in the bag going into cincy.
                      Exactly. Underestimating ANY opponent is the most foolhardy thing anyone can ever do.

Comment

Why did they come out flat? They seemed quite emotional and irritated that Chad Johnson had guaranteed Cincy's victory. They didn't seem to be overlooking the Bengals, as you mentioned.

Perhaps they didn't come out flat. Perhaps the Bengals were better prepared and simply outplayed the Chiefs. The Chiefs' scores at the end were the typical desperation drives you see from teams at the end of games; they completly gave up the running game. I wouldn't say the Chiefs woke up so much as the Bengals fell asleep and started playing the dreaded bend-but-don't-break defense.

Hey, I'm not saying KC isn't a good team. But if they came out flat with "The Guarantee" and constant talk about how the Bengals were going to upset them, then there's something wrong with them. I don't think they came out flat, they just got outplayed for a day.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                          I don't think they came out flat, they just got outplayed for a day.
                          And if it happened once, it can certainly happen again!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                            And if it happened once, it can certainly happen again!
                            No doubt about it.

But, I'm a realist and I recognize that it can happen to the Broncos, too. I just hope it doesn't.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I don't see the Broncos coming out flat though. They know they must win against whatever team they play to make it to the playoffs. Rod Smith did say this was a start of a run and if the Broncos need every game they will play like it.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                              X