FIRE COYER great corners not being utilized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRE COYER great corners not being utilized

All i can say. what a gift. I just cant be happy. That sorry defense we ran all game will get picked apart come playoff time. I just DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NO ADJUSTMENTS WERE MADE!
    I get so sick and tired of watching a good secondary get picked apart because of no rush. In my opinion we got very good corners who can cover 1-1. I rather take the chance of bailey, williams or foxworth covering 1-1 rather than releasing them to the safety lynch, who was burnt numerous times. Miss throws saved us. peyton doesnt make those mistakes or brady. If they kept spreading us out they couldnt possibly have enough guys to pick up 2 blitzers. Dj williams talent is being completely wasted put that speed to the rush. him and gold. I believe its time for some change. I cant possibly bear another playoff beating on the road, because of a VERY BAD DEFENSIVE COORIDNATOR!
    Please give me a x-mas gift and fire coyer.

Yeah, I actually get nauteous watching their vanilla scheme. I mean we all know that the D-line is weak, and yet we expect them to get to the QB all by themselves. On top of that, they don't stunt, line shift, or overload a side, they just rush headlong into opposiling OLs. It's painful to watch. God I hate Coyer.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

The one time we blitzed Gold he almost got to Carson and forced an early throw.
      That last drive was so bad.I had the Colts and Seahawks games going through my head.

Comment

Well, I would agree that a mentally tougher team would have beaten us today. But hey this is football, other than New England, every team is capable of choking, early and often.

Comment

Its not all Coyers fault. When you dont have the players, you dont have the players. Our management has given him a strength in what most consider the least impt unit in a 4-3 defense (aka the LB's). Our Dline as has been told, and retold, passed down from father to son, is that our DLINE SUCKS. Our secondary aside from Champ isnt that greta in covg either, so if you dont give a guy lemons, you cant expect lemonade. We need more playmakers. I am not saying I love Coyer, or even that he shoudl be kept around for next yr. What I am saying is that we have problems greater than our defensive coordinator.

Comment

You can't blame Coyer for Darrents height. That was the real problem, him against Henry.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Well, it's hard to criticize your defensive coordinator, when he has given up just 23 points and forced 4 turnovers, to one of the most explosive offenses out there. The biggest weakness of this D, I would say, is that it doesn't do very well under extreme pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by ydave77
                Its not all Coyers fault. When you dont have the players, you dont have the players. Our management has given him a strength in what most consider the least impt unit in a 4-3 defense (aka the LB's). Our Dline as has been told, and retold, passed down from father to son, is that our DLINE SUCKS. Our secondary aside from Champ isnt that greta in covg either, so if you dont give a guy lemons, you cant expect lemonade. We need more playmakers. I am not saying I love Coyer, or even that he shoudl be kept around for next yr. What I am saying is that we have problems greater than our defensive coordinator.
                Of course it's not all his fault, but when we're giving up points because he seems to only know how to call formations and not plays, and the defense seems to constantly be playing prevent, you have to point the finger at the DC. Shanny has some responsibility for it too. After the Indy game they should've realized their scheme sucks against premeire passing schemes, and made, or at least tried to make, adjustments.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                  You can't blame Coyer for Darrents height. That was the real problem, him against Henry.

Even if that's true, it's still Coyer's job to make an adjustment. Put Foxworth or Paymah on him and put Williams on somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosZBlitz
                    Well, it's hard to criticize your defensive coordinator, when he has given up just 23 points and forced 4 turnovers. The biggest weakness of this D, I would say, is that it doesn't do very well under extreme pressure.
                    23 points isn't that great. A good defense holds teams under 20. By the way, Cincy did more than our defense to keep themselves from scoring, so I wouldn't get too excited.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz222
                      All i can say. what a gift. I just cant be happy. That sorry defense we ran all game will get picked apart come playoff time. I just DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NO ADJUSTMENTS WERE MADE!
                      I get so sick and tired of watching a good secondary get picked apart because of no rush. In my opinion we got very good corners who can cover 1-1. I rather take the chance of bailey, williams or foxworth covering 1-1 rather than releasing them to the safety lynch, who was burnt numerous times. Miss throws saved us. peyton doesnt make those mistakes or brady. If they kept spreading us out they couldnt possibly have enough guys to pick up 2 blitzers. Dj williams talent is being completely wasted put that speed to the rush. him and gold. I believe its time for some change. I cant possibly bear another playoff beating on the road, because of a VERY BAD DEFENSIVE COORIDNATOR!
                      Please give me a x-mas gift and fire coyer.

Not to defend Coyer BUT: Brady missed a bunch of easy throws today
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                        Yes you can. It's up to Coyer to make sure that we had the right players covering the right players. He should have realized this after the first blowen play by D Will. It's up to the D coodinator to make sure that those things don't happen again. We just got lucky that Carson wasn't on his game today. A win is a win, but we need to improve our defensive schemes. It's too predicitable what the Bronco's are going to do on D. We need to mix it up more.

Comment

Our D gave up 10 points.

Maybe 18 if you say they should've held the Been-Gals to FGs after Cutler gave them ball inside the red zone on the our first play and Tatum gave it to them in our red zone on our last play of the first half. Apart from those two TDs they had a TD on their last drive and a FG. Considering whom we were playing I think our D played pretty well. We did make adjustments; we pulled D-Will off of T.J. and then off of Henry to go with Foxy and Paymah.

I'd have liked to have more of a pass rush, too, but while Henry was out there most of the game they also had a TE and Rudi, and I don't expect our front four to get through seven blockers on one of the Leagues best offenses. They had their starting tackles back for the first time since October, so I'd expect their pass protection to be better; my main concern is they lost thier starting center six days ago and our tackles still couldn't get any penetration or plug the middle. I'm tired of seeing Gerard Warren "playing on an island" because he's our only good tackle. I'd like to see a NT as our first pick in the draft, and going into prevent on that last drive was unwise, to say the least, but our D's a lot better than most folks around here credit.
                          SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Larry Coyer has absolutely NO idea how to play with a lead. None. None None None.

Late in the game, if it's a one score game, it's going to be tied somehow or another...he just can't do it. Thankfully, the XP was mishandled
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Umm....

Originally posted by MileHighInNY
                              Even if that's true, it's still Coyer's job to make an adjustment. Put Foxworth or Paymah on him and put Williams on somebody else.
                              Put Foxworth on Henry and put D-Will on someone else? Whom? T.J.? He started on him and got switched to Henry and replaced by Foxy. Then we DID pull D-Will and put Paymah in as a nickle back covering Henry. So what exactly is your complaint here...?
                              SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X