Baily Turns Ocho Cinco into Treinta y dos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cugel
    Champ was beaten today for at least 2 TDs and possibly three, but Palmer missed the throws. Phil Simms even ran the replays to show the blown coverages and Bengal WRs running wide open into the end-zone.

Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh were wide open but Palmer overthrew them, Johnson had the ball hit him in the chest and he dropped it.

The Bengals should have scored about 40 points on the defense today. We'll take the win, but that wasn't a good effort -- outside of Champ's int and Lynch killing everybody.

NO pass rush once again. Questionable DB play. LBs missing tackles and letting Rob Johnson rush for 129 yards and a TD.

This is not the kind of play that gets you a playoff win.

Hopefully they play better next week.

If they get a playoff game, the Broncos desparately need to improve their defensive play or they'll be totally destroyed.
    champ didnt get beat for 2 would be tds it was one if best but he stoped on the play....there was alot of the soft zone we play so it might have looked like champ got beat, but he really didnt.

Comment

Plus you have to realize the weather and the field. You will bite and have trouble getting back with the field as slippery as it was. But 40 points ?? You're smoking something or you were watching the wrong game.
      sigpic

Comment

Champ was beaten today for at least 2 TDs and possibly three, but Palmer missed the throws. Phil Simms even ran the replays to show the blown coverages and Bengal WRs running wide open into the end-zone.

Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh were wide open but Palmer overthrew them, Johnson had the ball hit him in the chest and he dropped it.

The Bengals should have scored about 40 points on the defense today. We'll take the win, but that wasn't a good effort -- outside of Champ's int and Lynch killing everybody.

NO pass rush once again. Questionable DB play. LBs missing tackles and letting Rob Johnson rush for 129 yards and a TD.

If they get a playoff game, the Broncos desparately need to improve their defensive play or they'll be totally destroyed.

merry christmas to you too, cug you old curmudgeon. . . .

while i see your point, let's not forget that cincy has one of the best offenses in the league. . . and our defense DID force, what was it, 4 turnovers? sure they gave some ground, and no one's trying to say that they're perfect. . . and even champ gets beaten once in a while-- it happened to deion, rod woodson and darrell green, too. . . CB is the hardest position to play, with the possible exception of QB, and there have NEVER been as many dynamic WRs in the NFL as there are right now. . .

also, i'd like to point out that, on the play where chad was headed for the endzone and palmer overthrew him, champ had released chad to john lynch, and chad ran right past him. . . i couldn't see the entire field, but it looked to me like that was a cover-2 and chad was lynch's responsibility. . . either that or it was a miscommunication, but champ definitely let chad go. . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

d-line sucks

We will not make it to the afc campionship. our front four suck so bad, thank god for the botched snap or our playoff hopes were done. I knew they were going to score ! We couldnt get a pass rush against cherry creek high. Sorr y guy's lets face the facts without a great running back to keep them off the feild they will get exposed late in games. Please excuse me if i sound pesimistic but they suck. Our defense will get used , I do like how the offense has come together of late but they arent dominat like the chargers or colts. Any given sunday, but the d-line is looking for a sundae, please send the d-line back to the brownies. Fire the d-line coach for we arent far away froma championship but we cant pay big dollar$ for a bunch of underachieving first round picks. Dummervile needs help he cant do it him self.

Comment

Geez... "FOLKS!" We give up enough big plays so why are we now argueing over potential big plays that we almost gave up? MAybe Palmer overthrew wide open receivers b/c he was nervous throwing in Champ's direction? What came first the chicken or the egg. This is circular logic. The bottom line is this: How many times did we see Chad running behind champ, catching bombs in the end zone? Exactly... This would be like arguing in 2004 that Champ almost had 3 interceptions but ball just happen to go through him into CHad's hands! Again, our defense is suspect enough at times, giving up far too much ground to high powered offenses that we need not look at plays that almost happened.

It's like the MAtrix... Would Neo have broken the vase and knocked it over if the Oracle didn't at first forewarn him to such an event?

Carson had sweaty palms and was timid and scared to throw in champ's direction. His fears were realized (and maybe he actualized them by thinking it) and Champ had a BIG game... Maybe the type of game that wins him the defensive MVP award.

Comment

Palmer was off his game tonight; our pass-rush was virtually non-existant and he still was making errant throws.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                In soccer, how many penalty kicks get missed because the shooter knows he's facing a great keeper and tries to put the ball in the side net? I'm not so sure a similar principle wasn't at play today. Palmer may well have wanted to make sure he placed the ball well out in front, leading to the overthrows.

Cug's not wrong that we could have given up 40 points today, but fortunately we didn't. If we think we can play like this against Peyton Manning, that's a mistake, but I don't think it's one that many of our players are likely to make. Besides, we have to remember that these are some of the toughest conditions for a defensive back to play in.
                I like that soccer point that you made. If I'm not mistaken, all of Palmer's overthrows came after Champ's interception. Champ's INT was probably in Palmer's head anytime he went to Champ's side again.

Our defense did enough today (read: forcing 4 turnovers) to get the win. Yeah, the Bengals missed some big plays, but they couldn't execute.

Let's just enjoy the ride. Most of us realize that we have some glaring weaknesses that an elite team would expose and kill us as a result. I find it comforting that we are this close to a playoff spot despite the flaws that we have.

As far as I'm concerned, we're playing with house money from here on out.
                sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                  That is true, I did notice Champ get beaten a lot too, it just didn't look as glaring as the long one to Chris Henry on D Will that was called back.

Let's remember, the Bengals have one of, if not the best WR core in the NFL in Chad, T.J. and Henry, comparable to: Marvin, Wayne and Stokely, and Holt, Bruce and Curtis. All of which have a viable and talented running threat.

To me, Bailey looked like he wanted to try and play some run support, the way he was moving. Just a feeling no less, maybe he lost confidence in the others for the fact he is the only one we can count on to make a solid tackle?

I don't know. It's nothing to ignore, but nothing to dwell on either to me.
                  You forgot the best Duo Boldin and Fitzgerald.

Comment

CHamp's the Man Chad Isn't!!!

Champ returned INT for 20 yards
                    Champ returned FUM for 10 yards
                    Champ = THIRTY YARDS IN FIELD POSITION

(Not to mention he had a 99 yard fumble recovery for TD overruled)

Chad Johnson had a mere 32 yards (only two more than Champ)

Comment

Bailey, who departed the locker room without talking to the media, starred while Johnson slumped. The Bengals receiver also dropped an easy first-down pass and was called for an illegal shift on what would have been a 75-yard touchdown pass from Palmer to Henry that would have given Cincinnati the lead.

Comment

Working...
                      X