Youth Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Movement

Well, it looks like our organization has a bright future ahead of it. It looks like most of the 2006 draft class is contributing already.

1) Cutler: He's going through some rookie growing pains, but he's not doing too shabby either.

2) Scheffler: After being deactivated the first couple of games, he seems to have established some chemistry w/ the rookie QB. He has 3 TD's under his belt and has the trust of Cutler.

3) Marshall: Has shown pretty good hands, a penchant for making tough catches in traffic and the ability to get yards after the catch.

4) Dumervil: He looks like a good situational pass rusher. Seems to be around the ball a lot, I believe he already has 2 fumble recoveries. Seven sacks in limited usage is nothing to sneeze at either.

I mean those are our first 4 picks right there.

dont forget Mike Bell as well. He could probably take the starting job to finish this season and into the playoffs if T. Bell keeps up this fumbling at crucial times.

Eric Pears is also playing very well for being thrust into the lineup. He could take Foster's spot at RT next season when Lepsis gets back.

Wow, and i thought last years draft was solid w/ Foxworth and D. Will. Lets hope Shanny keeps up this streak of good drafts to atone for that horrendous clutter of junk known as the Denver Broncos 2003 draft!
    Last edited by rovolution; 12-24-2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

mike bell is doing a nice job...

Comment

Originally posted by rovolution
        dont forget Mike Bell as well. He could probably take the starting job to finish this season and into the playoffs if T. Bell keeps up this fumbling at crucial times.

Eric Pears is also playing very well for being thrust into the lineup. He could take Foster's spot at RT next season when Lepsis gets back.

Very true. I was focusing more on the draft class rather than all off season acquisitions. But you're right. Mike Bell has shown up and Pears hasn't stunk up the joint.

IMHO the o-line has been part of our rushing woes as of late, so I won't go as far as saying that Pears is a bona fide star in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
          Well, it looks like our organization has a bright future ahead of it. It looks like most of the 2006 draft class is contributing already.

1) Cutler: He's going through some rookie growing pains, but he's not doing too shabby either.

2) Scheffler: After being deactivated the first couple of games, he seems to have established some chemistry w/ the rookie QB. He has 3 TD's under his belt and has the trust of Cutler.

3) Marshall: Has shown pretty good hands, a penchant for making tough catches in traffic and the ability to get yards after the catch.

4) Dumervil: He looks like a good situational pass rusher. Seems to be around the ball a lot, I believe he already has 2 fumble recoveries. Seven sacks in limited usage is nothing to sneeze at either.

And who did we use our 2nd round pick on?

Walker!

If Chris Kuper moves in at Guard as well next year, and does a good job, and if Eslinger becomes a decent center when trained for it, we could have had one of the best drafts!

Let's see what Hixon does at return man next year too.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

The Rookies and other first time players have been reponsible for this current win streak we've been experiening. You also can't overlook the impace Quentin Harris and..Cargile? That kid from Columbia, have had. Just look at the difference in our Kickoff returns before they were signed and after.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Yeah, and it's just not the Bronco's. It's pretty much the entire league. Almost all rookies who has been given a chance has done extremely well for their team. Just look at all the potential Offensive Rookie of the Year candidates. It's a huge list. The 2006 draft class seems to be one of the best classes in years. Seems like every rookie is making an impact for their team. Hopefully we can get players like these in the next draft.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
                Yeah, and it's just not the Bronco's. It's pretty much the entire league. Almost all rookies who has been given a chance has done extremely well for their team. Just look at all the potential Offensive Rookie of the Year candidates. It's a huge list. The 2006 draft class seems to be one of the best classes in years. Seems like every rookie is making an impact for their team. Hopefully we can get players like these in the next draft.
                yea. this is turning out to be one of the stronger draft classes i have seen in a while. Tons of impact players, even in the lower rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by rovolution
                  yea. this is turning out to be one of the stronger draft classes i have seen in a while. Tons of impact players, even in the lower rounds.
                  No kidding:

The big ones being:

Bears: Mark Anderson: 12 sacks, 5th round

Ravens: Dawan Landry: 62 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 Ints, 2 Defensive TDs, 5th Round

Saints: Marques Colston: 70 receptions 1038 yards 8 TD, 7th Round (third to last pick)
                  Last edited by Lorcust; 12-24-2006, 09:11 PM. Reason: (Sack change for Anderson)
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Doesnt Dumer have 8 now? That forced fumble counts as a sack too? JW i aint sure
                    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
                      Doesnt Dumer have 8 now? That forced fumble counts as a sack too? JW i aint sure

I thought it was a fumble recovery today, not a FF.

Comment

I thought it was a fumble recovery today, not a FF.

O ya, your right Lynch forced it I think.. ill go look

Yup it was Lynch
                        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I am really enjoying watching these young guys contribute the way they have this season.

The only one I am a little ( no pun intended ) on is D. Will.

I would like to see us get a big ( or bigger) , physical CB this off season. And as good as Lynch is and was today, we need to start looking for his successor.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                            I am really enjoying watching these young guys contribute the way they have this season.

The only one I am a little ( no pun intended ) on is D. Will.

I would like to see us get a big ( or bigger) , physical CB this off season. And as good as Lynch is and was today, we need to start looking for his successor.

Cox hasn't been doing badly. My feeling is that our 2 safety spots are pretty interchangeable. Cox could prove to be a good filler.

Comment

Cox hasn't been doing badly. My feeling is that our 2 safety spots are pretty interchangeable. Cox could prove to be a good filler.

True, and Foxy has played his tail off these past two weeks playing various positions and defensive sets.

Comment

Working...
                              X