The Second Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Coming?

I know, I know. "Its not fair to compare Jay Cutler to John Elway." "He's his own player, and shouldn't be compared to Elway." But damn, isn't it fun?

In his 4th career start, Jay Cutler gave Bronco fans a bit of deja vu. Sure his jersey number is off by one, but his play today certainly didn't come up short. On the frozen mile high field, Cutler led his team to victory. Sure he had some mistakes. That first interception certainly wasn't pretty. He got sacked a few times when he should have just gotten rid of it. But in crunch time he simply made plays, and brought in a bit of Mile High Magic. Though technically not a playoff game, in a win-or-go-home playoff atmosphere, Cutler led his Broncos 99 yards down-field against a team from Ohio for the go-ahead touchdown. Elway only went 98. My eyes told me that the quarterback had a 6 on his jersey rather than a 7, but I had the strangest feeling of deja vu when I saw Cutler's "Drive." I know that he is nowhere near Elway's league right now, but there is certainly reason for optimism.

Cutler has arrived.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

I say it is a second coming of a SB franchise like we had in the late 90s. With the way our young players are playing and the fact that they should only get better. I see our team going to be very very very good for a long while. Having Cutler lead the way just adds icing to the cake.

Comment

What more can you say? That drive was a thing of beauty. Sure, it had a lot more runsthan Elway's drive, and it lasted about 4 minutes longer, but the Kid looked calm and cool out there, like he usually does. He dosen't get rattled easily, and what a gun! This is the beginning of something special.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Well, all I know is that Jay did something in his first 4 games that has only been done by one other QB.

We all know Jay was the first since Marino to throw multiple TDs in his first 3 games, but after today...

Jay and Marino are the only QBs to throw for multiple TDs in their first 4 games in NFL history.

Maybe he's in John's company, maybe he isn't.

But statistically, he's already in Marino's...

sigpic

Comment

I consider it "The Drive" going down the field 99 yards to victory.This would be the first by Jay Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            Well, all I know is that Jay did something in his first 4 games that has only been done by one other QB.

We all know Jay was the first since Marino to throw multiple TDs in his first 3 games, but after today...

Jay and Marino are the only QBs to throw for multiple TDs in their first 4 games in NFL history.

Maybe he's in John's company, maybe he isn't.

But statistically, he's already in Marino's...

Im just waiting for the next cartoon sig tomorrow

Comment

Did anyone else get flashes of Elway to Eddie Mac on the bootleg to Kircus?

Comment

im not going to compare the 2 but dang cutler sure is fun to watch, infact i havent been this excited to watch a qb play in about 9-10 years !!

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
                  I know, I know. "Its not fair to compare Jay Cutler to John Elway." "He's his own player, and shouldn't be compared to Elway." But damn, isn't it fun?.
                  Sure. Unless you're Jay Cutler!!! Then it's a royal pain in the rear. I hereby officially reiterate my request that we avoid these comparisons for the first two years, minimum. If he's great, you'll look foolish because people won't be saying "he's just like Elway" they'll be comparing other rising stars to him. If he's a flash in the pan you'll look worse because he's clearly nothing like Elway. In the interim the rest of the football world will roll their eyes as Denver fans prepare to destroy yet another promising young career by saying, "Oooo, look, he puts on his helmet just like John! Wow, he's walking to the huddle just like John! Nice, he made that first signal call just like John! Awesome, he made the SECOND signal all just like John! Cool, he took that snap just like John!" Nobody needs that, least of all Cutler.

He's looked better in every game, so much so I'm starting to wonder where he'll peak, and where marginal returns will start. From one good play to one good half to one good game against a poor team to one good game against a SB team. If he gets much better in each of his next two games we'll be in the Divisional Playoff game and I'll start wondering "is he just going to keep getting better EVERY game? Are we going all the way?!!!" But let him be his own man! Everyone will thank you later, and Jay Cutler will be first in line.

Not an attack, just a general request.
                  SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Texan
                    I say it is a second coming of a SB franchise like we had in the late 90s. With the way our young players are playing and the fact that they should only get better. I see our team going to be very very very good for a long while. Having Cutler lead the way just adds icing to the cake.

i tell ya what a great draft., Cutler will be very good, Marshall & Scheffler are gelling w Jay & all looking super promising, dont forget about JAVON, wow if the Bells get better, thats a young, awesome looking offense

CHamp still young as si linebacking core, couple more solid drafts & were looking realll good again

Comment

Not to take anything away from Cutler on that 99 yard drive, but our run game also made that drive happen.

It finally showed up and Mike Bell had a lot to do with it also.

It was a nice OVERALL offensive effort that was much needed to rest the D. If you remember, the offense was struggling to stay on the field and help out the D and if not for the D, we would have never got our first 14 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandapeep
                        Did anyone else get flashes of Elway to Eddie Mac on the bootleg to Kircus?
                        Plummer had more of a play reminding me of Elway in that he threw across the field against the (Colts?)

With Cutler's arm strength, I'd love to see him do that.

Cutler, with a few games experience, seems to trust himself to try and fit the balls threw windows now and is a very exciting QB to watch.

With Jake mentoring him on bootlegs (as was commented on the game), we could potentially have not only the pocket passer Jake wasn't, but the bootlegger Jake was with the arm that he didn't have.
                        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
                          I know, I know. "Its not fair to compare Jay Cutler to John Elway." "He's his own player, and shouldn't be compared to Elway." But damn, isn't it fun?

In his 4th career start, Jay Cutler gave Bronco fans a bit of deja vu. Sure his jersey number is off by one, but his play today certainly didn't come up short. On the frozen mile high field, Cutler led his team to victory. Sure he had some mistakes. That first interception certainly wasn't pretty. He got sacked a few times when he should have just gotten rid of it. But in crunch time he simply made plays, and brought in a bit of Mile High Magic. Though technically not a playoff game, in a win-or-go-home playoff atmosphere, Cutler led his Broncos 99 yards down-field against a team from Ohio for the go-ahead touchdown. Elway only went 98. My eyes told me that the quarterback had a 6 on his jersey rather than a 7, but I had the strangest feeling of deja vu when I saw Cutler's "Drive." I know that he is nowhere near Elway's league right now, but there is certainly reason for optimism.

Cutler has arrived.

hopefully cutler is better then elway. well maybe not better but more successful. It took elway 15 years to win a superbowl. Jay doesnt have that kind of time
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                            hopefully cutler is better then elway. well maybe not better but more successful. It took elway 15 years to win a superbowl. Jay doesnt have that kind of time
                            Jay is a rookie.

What do you mean he doesn't have that kind of time? He has all the time in the world.
                            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
                            X