Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. 49ers game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. 49ers game...

I hope everybody's holidays were wonderful. I know mine were sure better after pulling out the win against Cincy! Who knows what would have happened if the Bengals didn't miss that PAT. But they did miss it so our playoff hopes are fully alive and kicking!

Now we have the 49ers standing between us and the #5 seed in the AFC. Coming into the season this looked like a gimme to end the season. But while the 'Niners are very erratic right now, they also have streaks of good play and could be dangerous. The Broncos better not take them lightly.

What do you think? Please vote in the poll but feel free to make exact predictions.

---------------------------

Also, congrats to the following people for correctly picking the winner and margin of victory against the Bengals:
    12and4, BF_forever, BoltzLover, Bronco T, BroncoNation818, broncos_mtnman, Deltagbear, dogfish, Emancipator, hbk3030, jb_edson81, Justin Roberts, NameUsedBefore, rich5368, RunYouOver
    Broncos win by 14+ points
    52.08%
    Broncos win by 8 - 13 points
    26.39%
    Broncos win by 4 - 7 points
    14.58%
    Broncos win by 1 - 3 points
    2.08%
    49ers win by 1 - 3 points
    0.69%
    49ers win by 4 - 7 points
    2.08%
    49ers win by 8 - 13 points
    0.00%
    49ers win by 14+ points
    2.08%

The poll is expired.

"You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I think you said it Jav... they are streaky and you never know what 49er team is going to show up. One weak they can beat everyone in the league with Gore pounding away, the next they can't beat anyone.

I think some of the leadership on the team will step up the tempo. Almost all the guys on the team have been to the playoffs before, and knows what it takes to get there. Lynch showed that last nigh. He raised his game (well, his hitting for sure...not so much his pass coverage). I think the defense will work on actually being READY to play when the ball is snapped rather than stand around.

Cutler has improved week in and week out. His game is just moving forward, and its exciting to see.

We haven't scored fewer than 20 points since the QB change, and I see Jay having another great performance. I think the Broncos will win this one 27-10

**edit** I clicked on the wrong one, it was supposed to be denver by 14+
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 12-25-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

The question is will the Broncos have a Bengals hangover and play down to SF level. I don't see the Broncos winning by much but they should be able to win the game. Contain the run and pressure the QB, and the Broncos should be on there way to the post season. Broncos offense shouldn't have a problem scoring.

Comment

broncos will win this game by 8-13 points..

Comment

our boys know what's on the line, and i don't think vets like lynch, wilson and rod smith will let the team come out flat in this one. . . i expect them to come out fast, and even if they don't, i think they'll pick it up pretty quickly. . . you never take any game for granted, but i don't think the niners can match us at home with our playoffs at stake. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Hmm... I can't decide who to pick.... NOT!

I don't think this will be a blowout but I think we'll pull away late for a solid win. I'm guessing 24 - 13.

Playoffs, here we come!
            ------

Comment

i say we lose.... 49ers are fierce.....

cough cough..

Comment

I think the Bells are going to be ringing this game and the 9ers don't care.

Comment

Denver wins
                  27- 13 (14 point margin)

Comment

Denver is going to win but I do not think it will be an easy game.

I hope JC and the Bells have a great game.
                    BRONCOS RULE !!

Comment

27-17 Broncos.

I'm confident Denver can win this game but like Jav said they can't take them lightly and I don't think they will considering what's at stake.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                        I think you said it Jav... they are streaky and you never know what 49er team is going to show up. One weak they can beat everyone in the league with Gore pounding away, the next they can't beat anyone.

I think some of the leadership on the team will step up the tempo. Almost all the guys on the team have been to the playoffs before, and knows what it takes to get there. Lynch showed that last nigh. He raised his game (well, his hitting for sure...not so much his pass coverage). I think the defense will work on actually being READY to play when the ball is snapped rather than stand around.

Cutler has improved week in and week out. His game is just moving forward, and its exciting to see.

We haven't scored fewer than 20 points since the QB change, and I see Jay having another great performance. I think the Broncos will win this one 27-10

**edit** I clicked on the wrong one, it was supposed to be Denver by 14+
                        Before I read your post I was looking at the poll and couldn't believe my eyes. I was wondering what was going on with your pick. I thought for sure you had lost your mind completely.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I agree.

Originally posted by dogfish
                          our boys know what's on the line, and i don't think vets like lynch, wilson and rod smith will let the team come out flat in this one. . . i expect them to come out fast, and even if they don't, i think they'll pick it up pretty quickly. . . you never take any game for granted, but i don't think the niners can match us at home with our playoffs at stake. . . .

There's no such thing as a gimme (Houston and Tennessee have both beaten both Mannings, for example) and this certainly isn't one. But I think our team will be more ready after beating Cincy while knowing it could have gone the other way if they win the toss in OT (though with two deep strikes for TDs after another last week, who's to say what happens if we get a good return?) They know a win makes us the #5 seed, but they also had reinforced that NOTHING is automatic in the NFL. It could be close, but I think we win at home. San Francisco doesn't get a lot of snow, and the air is much chunkier at sea level. Take out Bryant and they've got two reliable offensive weapons, and our D is a lot better than most people think. I hope we start Mike (two weeks in a row of fumbles for TDs to keep teams in games is two too many for me) and Foxy at #2 CB. I still personally think the "keep 'em in front of you, make the tackle or grab a pick if it's there" style of D-Will is best suited to FS and we should try him there and put Lynch back at his hard hitting SS duties, but I ain't the coach. Broncos by 10, IMHO. Though the longer I think of it, I'm not sure I can see them scoring more than 17 on us, and we could have a great day.

We need to get Bryant Young blocked though; we pick him up and our offense should have a great day, based on their depth charts stats (roll over player for stats: )

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/SF

Does anyone know what happened to Sam Brandon? I like him a lot, but he's no longer on our depth chart according to NFL.com.
                          Last edited by Morambar; 12-26-2006, 06:42 PM.
                          SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
                            Does anyone know what happened to Sam Brandon? I like him a lot, but he's no longer on our depth chart according to NFL.com.
                            He went on IR about halfway through the season. Torn ACL, if I remember correctly.
                            ------

Comment

The 49ers are a dangerous team, mainly because of Frank Gore. I think he's incredible.

But the 49ers are playing without their best WR and they are out of the playoff hunt. I think the Broncos win by more than 14.
                              R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X