Old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old school

you guys remember that guy who lived on a Billboard, and wouldnt come down till the Broncos won?!....I was just a kid, but I vaugely remember something like that....
    sigpic

Yup. He was up there for 33 days. Quite a few of those were bitterly cold.

Comment

I think his name was Stan Humphrey or Humphries. If I remember correctly, he was a radio announcer.

Comment

wow, i never even heard of this...he must have been a seirious die-hard fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
          I think his name was Stan Humphrey or Humphries. If I remember correctly, he was a radio announcer.
          Heheh ... I remember the guy but that couldn't have been his name. Stan Humphries was a San Diego QB from yesteryear. Took 'em to the Superbowl one year.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Wasn't it a radio DJ from The Fox or KBPI?

I thought that was funny....

PEACE!!!

Comment

His name was Rich Goins and he was an Radio personality who lost a bet and had to camp out on top of a billboard until Denver won their next game.
              To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Anikai
                you guys remember that guy who lived on a Billboard, and wouldnt come down till the Broncos won?!....I was just a kid, but I vaugely remember something like that....
                Didn't Steve Kelly do something like this? He was on KIMN AM radio...they had a chicken mascot.

Comment

I remember that. There is a new book out about Bronco fans. Recently Dave Logan (KOA radio in Denver) has a commercial on KOA promoting the book. And he repeatably calls the guy an idiot in the commercial. Personally I think Logan is the idiot. The guy was just a die hard Bronco fan who got himself stuck in a situation I'm sure he never expected or wanted. But Logan is a jerk for publicly calling him an idiot. If it wasn’t for football fans Logan wouldn’t have ever made a living at it. He played in the NFL.

Comment

haha thanks 4 all the replies....I must of been like 8 or 9 when that happened....
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats great - Ive never heard that story

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                        Heheh ... I remember the guy but that couldn't have been his name. Stan Humphries was a San Diego QB from yesteryear. Took 'em to the Superbowl one year.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that...
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Are you contemplating a plan of your own? j/k
                          I love my team, but a billboard for 33 days? Nah

ARE YOU contemplating something on that line?
                          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by Chica_Ang
                            Didn't Steve Kelly do something like this? He was on KIMN AM radio...they had a chicken mascot.
                            Steve Kelly sat in every seat in Mile Hi to raise money for charity one year.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

I remember

I was a kid too. Thats back when I lived in Littleton. Back before not winning a Superbowl every year didnt mean that everyone had to be fired...ha ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X