next years offensive line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 62OlinesDad
    I am not sure how reliable I am as a source but I do know that Chris practices both at guard and center. Deep down I think his natural position is guard. I am not sure if Eslinger will replace Nalen ( if he retires) with no practice time at center he is a year or two away. I would say Hamilton or my son Chris would take over at center. I guess it would depend on other o line moves what Shanny would make his decisions on.
    Isn't your son's agent Drew Rosenholdout??

Man, I hate that guy, "Next question, Next Question, Next question."

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7
      Lepsis-Hamilton-Nails-Kuper-Pears(?)
      This is probably the most likely line-up.

But I like this one better:

Lepsis--Steinbach--Nails--Foster--Pears
      Staley--Myers-----Eslinger--Kuper--Foster

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
        Sometimes the player recovers and sometimes he doesn't. Terrell Davis and Courtney Brown never really recovered from their surgeries.

Amare Stoudmire of the Phoenix Suns did. He's come back and is averaging over 17 points a game and playing well at center. It took him about a year. The NBA requires more flexibilty and movement than even the NFL, and the pounding for a big man like Stoudmire is at least as severe as for Lepsis.

But not everybody can do what Amare did and he's a lot younger. So, you never know.

I'm sure Lepsis will try and come back. We'll see what happens.
        Don't forget though that Nalen suffered almost exactly the same injury back in 02 and came back just as strong...the comparison to TD isn't great because Terrell didn't tear any ligaments or muscle, he had a degenerative condition. I really hope Matt makes a full recovery, it'd be terrible to lose him now...if anything we need him to mentor our next starting LT (who I think we'll draft this time0.

To BroncosRT: I think that cutting Lepsis despite recovery would be a mistake. Since the line is already in transition now they need all the leadership they cna get to facilitate it. Losing/demoting Carlisle or Foster would be much better...and I think that they'll be at least demoted. We may hold onto Carlisle though as a backup I'd think....Myers and Pears to slot into that side. With Pears having a half season of experience and Chris having 2 years learning the system and ST experience, I'm sure the transition will be pretty good on that side. But keeping our vets there will definitely help to keep the cohesion in the line as well as acting as mentors for them while we switch over.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
          Don't forget though that Nalen suffered almost exactly the same injury back in 02 and came back just as strong...the comparison to TD isn't great because Terrell didn't tear any ligaments or muscle, he had a degenerative condition. I really hope Matt makes a full recovery, it'd be terrible to lose him now...if anything we need him to mentor our next starting LT (who I think we'll draft this time0.

To BroncosRT: I think that cutting Lepsis despite recovery would be a mistake. Since the line is already in transition now they need all the leadership they cna get to facilitate it. Losing/demoting Carlisle or Foster would be much better...and I think that they'll be at least demoted. We may hold onto Carlisle though as a backup I'd think....Myers and Pears to slot into that side. With Pears having a half season of experience and Chris having 2 years learning the system and ST experience, I'm sure the transition will be pretty good on that side. But keeping our vets there will definitely help to keep the cohesion in the line as well as acting as mentors for them while we switch over.
          I whole heartedly agree with you that cutting Lepsis (one of the better LTs in the league) would be a mistake. I don't even expect that to be considered.

I think that money will play a large part in who the Broncos retain next year. If I am not mistaken, this is Carlisle's contract year. Unless he will re-sign rather cheaply, I don't see him back next year. Foster has either one or two years left on his rookie contract. His contract costs the organization very little. I see the Broncos keeping him for bench strength if for no other reason. If they keep him at tackle, they may require that he take off 10 to 15 pounds so that speed rushers don't embarrass him. However, I think he could be a great run blocking guard for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
            I whole heartedly agree with you that cutting Lepsis (one of the better LTs in the league) would be a mistake. I don't even expect that to be considered.

I think that money will play a large part in who the Broncos retain next year. If I am not mistaken, this is Carlisle's contract year. Unless he will re-sign rather cheaply, I don't see him back next year. Foster has either one or two years left on his rookie contract. His contract costs the organization very little. I see the Broncos keeping him for bench strength if for no other reason. If they keep him at tackle, they may require that he take off 10 to 15 pounds so that speed rushers don't embarrass him. However, I think he could be a great run blocking guard for us.
            If Lepsis is having a problem recovering from his injury, he might just be cut. Don't be surprised. He still a very good player and has been a key part to the success over the past few years, but there is a time when you have to let go and this could be the time.
            The three Keys to football
            1. Turnovers
            2. Field Position
            3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by speardog
              Isn't your son's agent Drew Rosenholdout??

Man, I hate that guy, "Next question, Next Question, Next question."
              As a matter of fact Drew is his agent. Don't expect to see Chris hold out just because of that. It won't happen. He is a Bronco and he would override Drew if that was what Drew wanted. I know my son. He doesn't go along with the hold out thing.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

Originally posted by 62OlinesDad
                As a matter of fact Drew is his agent. Don't expect to see Chris hold out just because of that. It won't happen. He is a Bronco and he would override Drew if that was what Drew wanted. I know my son. He doesn't go along with the hold out thing.
                Just the short time I have talked to Chris he doesn't give me the impression of someone that would holdout. Unless they were being very unfair to him which I don't think will happen. Is he an RFA ir UFA after this season?

BTW, Merry X-mas to your family and a happy new years also. Did you hear about the fishing trip this off season? Sounds like fun. You guys need to come up here one of these summers and fish if you are in to that type of activity. We have a pretty nice house/cabin with 3 salmon streams within 5 minutes to a 1/2 hour away. All the comforts of home because Tina isn't big on "roughing it". best wishes, dk

Comment

Working...
                X