Post game rants---SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---SF

D Williams, is not tall enough - he should be our nickle back, and Foxworth should be the starter.

Ben Hamilton gets bullrushed like a girl - I dont care how great of a technician he is! Move Pears into the LG spot.

Then Draft a stud RB and some DL!

Huh?

Originally posted by DieHard
    D Williams, is not tall enough - he should be our nickle back, and Foxworth should be the starter.

Ben Hamilton gets bullrushed like a girl - I dont care how great of a technician he is! Move Pears into the LG spot.

I'm lost here; are you saying our best run blocking guard is our worst? Or are you saying he's no good at pass protection, as others have? 'Cos Cutler got sacked three times Sunday; two on Carlisle and one on Foster, so I fail to see how either is Hamiltons fault since he doesn't play the right side at all. You wanna replace Foster and Carlisle, great, but the line forms behind me. Actually, I think it forms behind Shanny and Heimerdinger, then me.

And while I've argued the RB issue loudly and often, we don't need a "stud" and I'm not sure we need a draftee. We need someone who can help protect our rookie QB on all out blitzes so we convert third and long, and move the pile so we convert third and short, plus play 25:00+ a game for 16 weeks.. If Mike Bell can learn to pass block effectively I think we've got him, too; one more rushing TD (and I hope he has 2+ next week) and he ties the NFL record for UFA rookies. A back who can catch would be nice, but even minimal receiving skills would be acceptable to me if he does all the above so the D can't game plan on who's in the game. When Tatum came back in the second half and I said, "Tatum's back; it's a pass" the Bengals D said the same, and that's baaaad. Just as bad as "Mike's in; it's a run. " But otherwise, given the critical importance of being a blocker against a huge blitz, I think we need to find someone with that NFL skill (a good receiver is a plus, but not critical) who can play games/seasons and move the pile, and that has me thinking FA.

The main things to grasp in that are

1) We don't need a 1000 yard rusher; this is Denver, and anyone we start will have 1000 if he finishes the season. Tatum's proven that twice, both the first part and the second.

2) We DO need someone who can do things besides get yardage when his line opens massive holes for him. The biggest being pass block on third and long and move the pile on third and short, as well as 4th and goal. Watching Cutler try to pass on 4th and 2 at SD when it was his second start was pathetic; this is DENVER: we jam it down their throats and pick up 5 on 4th and 2.
    Last edited by Morambar; 12-26-2006, 04:40 AM.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!

Comment

Liar!! How dare you attack my adopted bronco, he is the best blocker on the team regardless of what anyone says, or video clips that are shown to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers
        Liar!! How dare you attack my adopted bronco, he is the best blocker on the team regardless of what anyone says, or video clips that are shown to me.
        yea sneakers we gotta stick together on this one BEN HAMILTON RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
          ) Watching Cutler try to pass on 4th and 2 at SD when it was his second start was pathetic; this is DENVER: we jam it down their throats and pick up 5 on 4th and 2.
          Not with our current crop of linemen... we just don't get enough push along the front to get a "have to have it" 2 yard run. Look at the play we made to Scheff for his TD yesterday. We were on the 1, and had to pass for it. Denver is not a power running team. We get our yards with motion, flow, and surprise, not with straight up run you over kind of power.

Comment

Hamilton plays at a very high level every week. Williams doesn't need to go, but he is probably earning a back up role. What about Ernster?

Comment

You must be out of your got dang mind.

Comment

Hamilton has struggled this year but has played pretty well. Remember, having an elite LT in Lepsis helped out Hamilton a lot. Great tackles make guards look better; just a fact o' football.

Comment

Originally posted by Morambar
                  I'm lost here; are you saying our best run blocking guard is our worst? Or are you saying he's no good at pass protection, as others have? 'Cos Cutler got sacked three times Sunday; two on Carlisle and one on Foster, so I fail to see how either is Hamiltons fault since he doesn't play the right side at all. You wanna replace Foster and Carlisle, great, but the line forms behind me. Actually, I think it forms behind Shanny and Heimerdinger, then me.

And while I've argued the RB issue loudly and often, we don't need a "stud" and I'm not sure we need a draftee. We need someone who can help protect our rookie QB on all out blitzes so we convert third and long, and move the pile so we convert third and short, plus play 25:00+ a game for 16 weeks.. If Mike Bell can learn to pass block effectively I think we've got him, too; one more rushing TD (and I hope he has 2+ next week) and he ties the NFL record for UFA rookies. A back who can catch would be nice, but even minimal receiving skills would be acceptable to me if he does all the above so the D can't game plan on who's in the game. When Tatum came back in the second half and I said, "Tatum's back; it's a pass" the Bengals D said the same, and that's baaaad. Just as bad as "Mike's in; it's a run. " But otherwise, given the critical importance of being a blocker against a huge blitz, I think we need to find someone with that NFL skill (a good receiver is a plus, but not critical) who can play games/seasons and move the pile, and that has me thinking FA.

The main things to grasp in that are

1) We don't need a 1000 yard rusher; this is Denver, and anyone we start will have 1000 if he finishes the season. Tatum's proven that twice, both the first part and the second.

2) We DO need someone who can do things besides get yardage when his line opens massive holes for him. The biggest being pass block on third and long and move the pile on third and short, as well as 4th and goal. Watching Cutler try to pass on 4th and 2 at SD when it was his second start was pathetic; this is DENVER: we jam it down their throats and pick up 5 on 4th and 2.
                  You are completely wrong about the RB situation. We need one defined back. Where has our RB X committee sapproach gotten us lately?

No identity and no strength to play from on Offense whike we break in a young QB?

Comment

No

Originally posted by Dream
                    Hamilton has struggled this year but has played pretty well. Remember, having an elite LT in Lepsis helped out Hamilton a lot. Great tackles make guards look better; just a fact o' football.
                    Hamilton has been the ultimate 'get by' player at LG. He is a Center, period. I would not mind him there, but would rather he not be the starting LG again next season. There have been games where the Broncos have struggled against bigger D-lines, and it's because our smallish guards can't get a push.

Comment

stfu

learn something bout are team

darrent is a monster if he were taller but he consistently tackles

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                        Hamilton has been the ultimate 'get by' player at LG. He is a Center, period. I would not mind him there, but would rather he not be the starting LG again next season. There have been games where the Broncos have struggled against bigger D-lines, and it's because our smallish guards can't get a push.
                        The right side of the line with Foster and Carlisle is our biggest problem. The Broncos are averaging over 5 yards per carry to the left side of the line which Hamilton plays a huge role in the running game. The least success to the right. . .

Comment

Hamilton OUT!

Nifty replies, but Ive yet to read one response defending Little Ben Hamilton's pass blocking. Flat out he is a BUST at Guard! He may be an ok run blocker but he can't handle any type of passrush on obvious passing downs! He is one dimensional!

This is why we have to keep our backs in on passing downs! Keeping our running backs out of the passing game hurts our running game! They are able to key on the tail back. This is why the FB counter worked so well! They are not covering him!

Move Hamilton to Center! Pears to LG! Get us a running back to complement Cutler! If wed have taken Steven Jackson instead of DJ our team would be much better off right now. Jackson would have made an impact on this team, and even though I like DJ he has not made much of an impact. We need better than a 1000 yard rusher!

Hamilton cant pass block - at all. And DJ Williams is not a starter.

Comment

Nifty replies, but Ive yet to read one response defending Little Ben Hamilton's pass blocking. Flat out he is a BUST at Guard! He may be an ok run blocker but he can't handle any type of passrush on obvious passing downs! He is one dimensional!

This is why we have to keep our backs in on passing downs! Keeping our running backs out of the passing game hurts our running game! They are able to key on the tail back. This is why the FB counter worked so well! They are not covering him!

Move Hamilton to Center! Pears to LG! Get us a running back to complement Cutler! If wed have taken Steven Jackson instead of DJ our team would be much better off right now. Jackson would have made an impact on this team, and even though I like DJ he has not made much of an impact. We need better than a 1000 yard rusher!

Hamilton cant pass block - at all. And DJ Williams is not a starter.
                            And I have yet to see one fact from you about Ben Hamilton being a "bust" he's a great run blocker, and thats what Denver does, they run the ball, then use play action and bootlegs.

Hamilton will eventully be moved to Center once Nails retires, but no one is moving Pears, who is 6'7", not a good Guard height to Guard. If anyone is going to LG, its Kuper.

And DJ is a stud. One of the reasons he dosent have as many tackles as Al or Ian(actually, I think he has out-tackled Ian this season) Is because Backs seem to get to his side, see DJ then reverse field. Watch the Seattle game, you'll see this happen numerous times. He is a starter in the leauge, and if you ask the Coach of pretty much every NFL team, they will tell you they want DJ on their team.

Think before you type.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

This post is Funny................

Comment

Working...
                              X