No announcement yet.

So is this when the real fans come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is this when the real fans come out?

I am thinking without looking but prolly GD is being filled with ppl saying we need to startover and what not

and I make this thread to try and make people stop crying 9-7 is a good record

there are some teams out there who didnt win 3 games..aka the raiders

I still miss the blue background.

Originally posted by maruske845
    I am thinking without looking but prolly GD is being filled with ppl saying we need to startover and what not

It's not a good record. But it's not a bad record either.

We don't need to start over.

We need to revamp key positions that consistantly give us trouble (DL especially), and we already have a young offensive nucleus (Cutler, Walker, Scheffler, Mike Bell, Marshall) to build off of.
    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

9-7 is awesome.............if youre in the NFC!
      sigpic

Comment

Not a bad season at all. at least its not a losing record... When they were 7-2, everyone thought we were going to go all the way... then 7-6 came by, made everyone question it.. then 9-6 everyone is pumped.... then 9-7, everyone is pissed off ....

Comment

9-7 makes me want to throwup!!!

Comment

When you start 7-2, 9-7 is pathetic.

Had we started 2-7 and ended 9-7 then thats good.

Comment

9-7 are only numbers

Originally posted by sneakers
              9-7 makes me want to throwup!!!
              In Denvers case I couldn't agree more.

KC is somewhat playoff ready and playing well at 9-7. The play of the Broncos was unmistakeably horrible. Take away a number of long plays our offense made this season and the real team is revealed. I'm AFC West loyal and am pulling for the Chargers and /or Chiefs.
              This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle

When we look back on this year... say 5 years from now, are we really going to remember that?

Or that we went 9-7.

We came to a good start, but injuries, position shuffling due to inconsistancy/lack of production and plain general misfortune (Tatum Bell's recent fumbling problems).

The main thing that hasn't made us a good team this year...

We haven't been able to pull out too many nail biters. When the push came to shoove we got thrown to the ground.

All we can do is look to next season, a lot of things were different.

Lepsis was injured, which helped kill us in run blocking and in pass protection.

Foster got worse, and to a point where he needed to be replaced.

Plummer hit the wall, or couldn't handle the pressure of Cutler. For whatever reason, he was playing horrendously.

Rod Smith hit the wall.

Javon and Tatum, started strong but tailed off towards the end of the season. In fact, that's the story of our season.

We always got a good start, but never a good finish. That's been our main problem and a good summary of our season, IMO.
                sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                  In Denvers case I couldn't agree more.

KC is somewhat playoff ready and playing well at 9-7. The play of the Broncos was unmistakeably horrible. Take away a number of long plays our offense made this season and the real team is revealed. I'm AFC West loyal and am pulling for the Chargers and /or Chiefs.
                  I'm AFC West loyal and am pulling for the Chargers and /or Chiefs.
                  Great..now I just threw up in my mouth.

Comment

9-7 is not a playoff worthy record when in the past a 10-6 season was not a guarentee.

Who do you watch in the post season now? I have never been a fan of the Chefs or Bolts so they are not teams I would root for. Guess my NFL season is done, kinda like college ball with the BCS for me...once the season ends and the bowls start no need to watch unless it's the game for the NC.
                    H.D. Smith

Comment

Yaddah Yaddah Yaddah

Originally posted by Lorcust
                      When we look back on this year... say 5 years from now, are we really going to remember that?

Or that we went 9-7.

We came to a good start, but injuries, position shuffling due to inconsistancy/lack of production and plain general misfortune (Tatum Bell's recent fumbling problems).

The main thing that hasn't made us a good team this year...

We haven't been able to pull out too many nail biters. When the push came to shoove we got thrown to the ground.

All we can do is look to next season, a lot of things were different.

Lepsis was injured, which helped kill us in run blocking and in pass protection.

Foster got worse, and to a point where he needed to be replaced.

Plummer hit the wall, or couldn't handle the pressure of Cutler. For whatever reason, he was playing horrendously.

Rod Smith hit the wall.

Javon and Tatum, started strong but tailed off towards the end of the season. In fact, that's the story of our season.

We always got a good start, but never a good finish. That's been our main problem and a good summary of our season, IMO.
                      And other teams don't have injuries and misfortune? Pittsburg last year, NE consistantly, Eagles this year. The difference is coaching through it. From the Draft/Trade market to the conditioning program to the motivation of the backup players.
                      This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

True but Broncos are a different breed of horses. Are we spoild as fans yes. Do we do the 'what if' game with 2 starter QB's 1 rookie and 1 vet on his way out yes we do.

We just gotta face it that this team was wounded and we were able to stich the wound until the 49ers smelled the blood in the water.

This loss was a frustrating loss. Some people might have wanted this loss to vindicate their ajenda when it came to swiching the QB's Others to Vindicate it.

To say the least. JR and mtman were both right on calling 9-7.

JR's reason- Poor defense
                        mtman's reason- Poor offense

Put them both together and you got the sums of our season.

Poor Defense and Poor Offense = a 9-7 season.

Lets recap what lead up to this season.
                        Comming off a great season last year our pre season aquisition of new offensive rookies and the test drive of Jay Cutler showed promise of a future franchise QB for next year*.

We lost our first 10 to 18 won the next few lost at Indy. Got our Clocks Cleaned in Pitt and pulled out a W there. Oak was a nasty game 17 to 13. Our defense buckled at the SD game and our Offense failed to sustain drives. Going into KC the Defense held a could have runaway game in Den @ KC. 10 to 19 the D held the the KC offense to just 19 points enough for the Denver offense lead by Jake Plummer to come back but... Misfire drives bad passes ect..ect... Leads to Benching of Jake Plummer and the Instillation of Jay Cutler.

SEA @Denver. Score 23to 20.

Comming on in his Debuet start Jay Cutler did all the classic rookie mistakes but he showed something that most rookies wouldnt do. He tried to battle back and brough the team back to 20 all until the Defenses' Bend dont break mentality allowed just enough yards for the seahawks to win the game.

Den @ Chargers. 20 to 48
                        Jay Cutler's 2nd start. Shawn Merry-man exploited a weak right side and rattled Jay Cutler. Jay put up 2 TDs 0INTs got the game close back into winning but what happens. The Defense allows LT to run all over him and he breaks a freakin record on us running up the score to 48... Enough said...

Den @ AZ...37 to 20

Jay Cutler's 3rd start. Fishing for a W to break the loosing streak and gets it.
                        Jay becomes another rookie rookie QB to throw 2TD in consecutive games yet he gets 1INT for the same thing. Our Defense and Special teams seems to bounce back agenst a semi ok cards team. Our Offensive Line keeps Cutler safe for the Majority of the game.

Cincy @ Denver 23 to 24

Christmas Comes early for Denver...
                        Jay Cutler becomes the 2nd rookie rookie QB to Hold the 2TD in conceutive games also gets 1 INT. D.Willams repents the int with an int of his own being in the right place at the right time. Game comes down to the wire and the Bengals shot themselves in the foot with a muff up PAT and a ball offside kick. The Bend dont break is exposed.

49ers @ Denver will probably known as the staw on the boards. score a sadding 26 to 23..

What could have gone wrong went wrong.
                        First things first. 49ers played nasty Defense basically going head first into almost all hits. The Right side of the O-line is... Exposed...(guess they didnt get the memo to pick up the FS blitz) The 49ers drop Jay Cutler through a loop witch knocks him out of the game. Jay was 21/32 230yrds 1TD 1INT..While dazed still comes back after gaining some senses, gives up the pick 6 but gets the Broncos back in the game with a TD. Jake Plummer stepped in went 0/2 0yd 0TD 1INT. T.Bell gets his stupid 1000 yards and gets another fumble. M.Bell has 11carries gets 66 yards. offense gets banged up by the 49er D who basically plays to Kill instead of playing football.

Shannahan basically rested all hopes on KC loosing to win this game.... He tried the run... Didnt work.... Didnt try to set up the line to protect Cutler? Nope...

Where was our Defense... Coyer let the very bad only 1 weapon 49ers dink and dank with small yard progression that basaically gave them the W here.

So in all Honestly Coyer's soft Defense stratagy doesnt work when you give up the small yards. Still no balance has been achieved because HE cant do that he cant find a balance.

Shannahan tried to hide the offense from the playoffs this game instead of playing the game like the off season depended on it.

Still if you look at the 49ers game...If we were to win we were going in with a semi-hurt Jay Cutler and Maybe a hurt Jake Plummer as well as other banged up areas on both sides of the ball. We gotta face it the 49ers played overly agressive and beat us up while we played disaplined football. In the end their overly agressiveness won out and made their penalties negated because in the end they won in OT due to the Dink and Dank D.

Its hard to say where this team went wrong... The easiest way to say this is... The Broncos became a Jekle and Hyde team... Poor Offense; Great Defense.... Poor Defense; Great offense. So in Honesty what went wrong was Neither side showed up to play ball the 49ers played nasty ball and beat us out.

I mean not even Merriman hit Cutler that hard to send him through a loop.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle

those look like the same results. doesnt matter how ugly or pretty it looks, 9-7 is 9-7 dont matter if you go on a 9 game winning streak to end the year, it still isnt enough to get playoffs. 9-7 is 9-7.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4
                            those look like the same results. doesnt matter how ugly or pretty it looks, 9-7 is 9-7 dont matter if you go on a 9 game winning streak to end the year, it still isnt enough to get playoffs. 9-7 is 9-7.
                            Yep and it didnt help that we got rattled every inch of the way. Its a tough pill to swallow but we can always build up on this. What doesnt kill us makes us stronger right?

McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                              Yep and it didnt help that we got rattled every inch of the way. Its a tough pill to swallow but we can always build up on this. What doesnt kill us makes us stronger right?

Tell that to Ben Toothlessberger. :devil:
                              sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Working...
                              X