X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62OlinesDad
    replied
    Originally posted by muse
    I've posted my thoughts on the O Line on the O line thread...look for the right side to have a makeover (Myers and Pears) assuming that Lepsis returns. If that's the case I think we'll also draft a future LT. 4th-5th-6th round I'm guessing.
    Post makes sense to me . Grinz

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    He is who I think he is. And he's not who I want.

DL: Charles Grant DE

OL: Doug Free OT (Rookie)

DC: Jim Mora Jr.
    I agree with what you said there. Jim Mora Jr. would love to coach this D because their is soo much talent and some of the best players in the league at D. He and Champ would definintly become close as Jim Mora is great with corners. He had a great DB in D Hall (but he's an ass), just imagine what he can do with a D like ours.

Leave a comment:

• Medford Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust

I actually think that might not be half bad. As long as he does not go to Washington (college) first.

He does have a good defensive mind from his SF days.

Leave a comment:

• MilitantDBFan
    replied
    Wasnt Alex Gibbs on Atlantas staff that was just Fired. He needs to be signed as Oline Coach IMMEDIATELY. Things havent been the same since he left.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Now that I think about it... for about the past 3 years, we really can't put away games.

You want to know why we blew so many fourth quarter leads?

1. It could be the pass rush..... I'll give you that

2. The second main reason is the undersized oline.

Don't get me wrong I love the oline. But we are smaller/not as strong to push people around in the 4th quarter.

When we need to run out the clock, we need to run. To run, you need good blocking.

You know the defense is expecting the run when we are ahead, but our smaller oline gets pushed back, and we always end up putting, or having to throw.

When we throw, we are in more pressure then the team losing! (Well, at least with Jake)

Leave a comment:

• 32n33
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
    The giants have big linemen for the O-line and look on how their running game is doing.

Smaller doesnt mean better for the run. Sometimes you need to shove weight and push the bigger D-linemen. I mean theres pretty big O-linemen that can move fast and create holes.

But then again we need a Cutback RB to actually have that O-line to work effectivly. Because a speed back wont do well with a big O-line in front of him. SO if anything

If we go Bigger then a cutback RB is in order to make our run game sucessful.
    I agree that we need that cutback runner and prefferably one that doesn't fumble when his facemask is covered! Both lines need so much attention though it may take more than one year to make them serviceable.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    The giants have big linemen for the O-line and look on how their running game is doing.

Smaller doesnt mean better for the run. Sometimes you need to shove weight and push the bigger D-linemen. I mean theres pretty big O-linemen that can move fast and create holes.

But then again we need a Cutback RB to actually have that O-line to work effectivly. Because a speed back wont do well with a big O-line in front of him. SO if anything

If we go Bigger then a cutback RB is in order to make our run game sucessful.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    I've posted my thoughts on the O Line on the O line thread...look for the right side to have a makeover (Myers and Pears) assuming that Lepsis returns. If that's the case I think we'll also draft a future LT. 4th-5th-6th round I'm guessing.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo118
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker84
    Agreed. We need bigger Oline men who dont get ran over, a better pass rush and definetly a new D cordinator.
    I think Shannahan is to stubborn and won't bring in bigger lineman. I think he favors the running game more and believes bringing in bigger and slower linemen will affect the run blocking.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo118
    replied
    Priority #1: Protect Cuter

Denvers blocking on the outside (IMO) needs to be improved first.

Pears should replace Foster.

Joe Staley
    Height: 6-6 Weight: 305
    Position: OT Pos2: TE
    40 Time: 4.75
    Projected Round: 1-2

I think his speed would be effective in the running game.

I don't have much faith in Lepsis fully recovering and his age is a concern.

Ben Grubbs
    Height: 6-3 Weight: 315
    Position: OG
    40 Time: 5.18
    Projected Round: 2
    Rated number 2 out of 132 OG's

I'd stick him at RG

Denver could use a blocking TE to go along with Scheffler.

Greg Olsen (Agent announced that he will be coming out)
    Height: 6-5 Weight: 252
    Position: TE
    40 Time: 4.73
    Projected Round: 1-2

Priority #2: Get a pass rush

For DL I think the best players will be grabbed in the top 15 like usual, so I wouldn't draft a DL in the first round. I'm confused why some fans think we must draft a DL in the first round. I remember last draft a lot of fans were saying "we must get Mario!" I'm happy Shannahan didn't try to get him, because Elvis a 4th rounder has more sacks and has played less than the overall draft pick of the 2006 NFL draft; Mario Williams. Plus, I'd rather bring in a FA that has proven themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by sbutk
    How about bringing in Dennis Green as our new D.C.?

Leave a comment:

• Walker84
    replied
    Agreed. We need bigger Oline men who dont get ran over, a better pass rush and definetly a new D cordinator.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life
    I give you Cp just for the title!

Yeah, those are exactly the 3 things that I think need to be addressed in this offseason.

[After this morning's news, maybe CB is suddenly an issue as well.]

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by SPLITTINGBUNS
    Any suggestions on any good pickups possibly in the draft or free agency?

How about bringing in Dennis Green as our new D.C.?

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    I give you Cp just for the title!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X