Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sorry to say

Originally posted by Qistheman
    im 6'2 225, and im bigger than tatum does that make me better?and there is nothing wrong with you liking tatum, i just dont think he is a complete back, yes, he has the deep threat, thats why i think he could be a great change of pace for Q. ive seen tatum go the distance i just dont think he has it all, to be great.
    And there's nothing wrong with liking Q, but how do you see that Tatum doesn't have what it takes to make a great back in the NFL and then you back up Q who has had Injuries and a big question is his durability.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sorry to say

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
      And there's nothing wrong with liking Q, but how do you see that Tatum doesn't have what it takes to make a great back in the NFL and then you back up Q who has had Injuries and a big question is his durability.
      breaking his leg was a freak accident, he never had a serious injury all 4 yrs at OU. he was making a cut and an OL rolled up on his leg, just a freak accident. the reason tatum in my opinion doesnt have what it takes is b/c he is not great at finding or seeking blitzes and picking them up. he also has really small hands, and cant catch real well, and he fumbles. 3 areas where you need to be great at which Q is great at all of those. Q played in two full games all of last year and was up for block of the year at an award ceremony. Q also set an NCAA record for a running back with most touches with out a turnover his junior and senior year. Q at 5'7 has much bigger hands than tatum at 5'11, whats up with that?

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
        CP started starting at week 5! Q has had an injury! Bell had been healthy besides a fumbling problem which they can fix! Bell is an awesome back and in the press conferences whether people listened to them or not it made it sound like he was the starter, like the one person asked "Do you think you will do better than CP next season?" and another one asked "Are you looking forward to being one of the backs that will make 1,000yds. in their rookie season?"See. No one asked Q that last year.
        those were the reporters, they dont know jack about the broncos situation, they think that we are like those other teams that hand the fate of the team to a rookie, the broncos dont do that, who was drafted in the first and second rounds of the last couple years draft Portis Lelie Foster Pierce Middlebrooks Toviessi, deltha oneal, ian gold, kenoy kennedy, al wilson montae reagor, lennie friedman, marcus nash, eric brown, dan neil , trevor pryce were all picked in the 1st or 2nd rounds i believe and out of all them know how many started the opening game of that season, i dont think any of them did. maybe al wilson did, but that was only because glen cadrez was old and retiring or leaving or something, but other than that, rookies are not starters in denver like they are in other places(barring injury), its just a fact of life, denver doesnt buy into all the hype about how good they will be right from the start, they sit the rookie aon the bench and make him put his time in. tatum bell will be the same way just watch.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Unless Mile high's playing surface is changed to turf i think Tatum Bell will get the start........Personally i think Anderson should start over all of them.
          agreed...

But I think Hearst will get the starting knod. He's going to fit in really well with our scheme...

Griffin looks like Barry Sanders when he's on artificial turf... he looks like a tiny back getting clobbered when he's on grass...

Comment

On the injury note.

Let me remind u in college football QG had never missed one practise or had any serious injuries. Last year he broke his fibula. That takes some time to fully recoup from. That was just a stroke of bad luck as with many of the denver injuries at a bad time last year. I do think Bell will get alot of carries though. I just think alot of people doubt Griffin due to his size. But you being a Ok State fan knows very well what Griffin use to do. I do think Bell is a good back though. Like all backs, he have a few things to work on.

Comment

why would turf make a difference? Q put one of the sickest moves ive ever seen in the GB game on icy grass. without any other starter to help him out.

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

Not to mention

he always played on grass in his college years. I don't know where that turf rumor came about. Griffin, even though he had limited carries last year had the same rushing avg as Anderson in the stats catagory. Even though Griffin got a carry here and there mostly 7 carries in a row in the fourth quarter, yet he still produced yards even though the Defense knew they were gonna run.
                Last edited by OklahomaSooners; 04-25-2004, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Re: Not to mention

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
                  he always played on grass in his college years. I don't know where that turf rumor came about. Griffin, even though he had limited carries last year had the same rushing avg as Anderson in the stats catagory. Even though Griffin got a carry here and there mostly 7 carries in a row in the fourth quarter, yet he still produced yards even though the Defense knew they were gonna run.
                  true...the whole Big 12 was grass when he was playing except Texas Tech..he's not only a turf back, he does the exact same thing on grass...but I saw some things I like about Tatum, he's explosive, once he hits that hole, he lowers his shoulder into defenders and just takes off...a better Portis, Portis uses his speed to run past the defenders not towards them...
                  fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Q in a lnadslide.

For a bunch of reasons.

1 He has been in the system longer has a better feel for the playbook.
                    2 Is a great little back that had bad luck last year with the broken leg. Had it not been for that injury and didn't have a chance to practice until late in the year, think he would have gotten a lot more touches. Inspite of Poortis.
                    3 NO newbie is used to the way our O-line blocks. Even Q had to adjust during the few games he played in before the Indy game. He looked tenetative running.
                    4 once he got his chance in the Indy game showed what he could do.
                    5 Is small enuff to get lost behind the O-line, when he makes a
                    cut and moves. the defender is faked out of his jock strap.
                    6 Has a GREAT ATTITUDE,very little EGO.
                    7 Does not fumble.
                    8 Has good speed, faster than all d-linemen, most of the LB and once he gets into their backfield only the fastest CB will catch him. I'll take 15-20 yards all day long. He was fast eniuff incollege to run sweeps all day long in the big 12, where speed is the rule.

Heast will be around for insurance, Bell will get some strong looks later in the year. Depends on how long it takes for him to learn how to hold on to the ball.

Comment

Working...
                    X