Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncobill
    replied
    We need every back we have on the roster at this time. Remember when we had Olandis and Terrell and we drafted Mike Anderson? What will we do with them all, then few weeks into the season who wass the starter? Never know what might happen. One more thing, they expanded the practice sqaud, so we will prob carry an extra qb and rb. on the sqaud.

Leave a comment:

• Helderht_
    replied
    Hearst is old and came from a surgery I think that Q and Bell has lot of potential to be our RB and a Top NFL back...

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Re: Hearst

Originally posted by OklahomaSooners
    Hearst had a ok season before a knee injury and arthroscopic surgery ended his season prematurely. So whats the deal with that. Anyone know how he's recovering from that? That will play a big factor in his shot at starting.

Let's say he's the veterna player that will help Bell and Griffin out.

Leave a comment:

• Greise Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by B1MST3AM
    Garrison Hearst is a has-been.
    he is not a has been. he has alot more left in him

Leave a comment:

• OklahomaSooners
    replied
    Plus

He is the only player to get comeback player of the year award twice! That says how much he can teach the younger ones right there. The man has heart and a love for the game.

Leave a comment:

• B1MST3AM
    replied
    My Bad! Sorry I dogged Garrison Heast. After what happened with Portis I guess it's a good idea to have someone around to show these kids how a pro is supposed to act!

Leave a comment:

• TxBroncoFan
    replied
    Aahhh...I learned long ago...DON'T argue with a woman when it comes to right and wrong!

Leave a comment:

• BlueDamsel
    replied
    Of course I do...Haven't we gone over this? I'm *always* right! hehe

Leave a comment:

• TxBroncoFan
    replied
    Yep...you got THAT right!!!!:p

Leave a comment:

• BlueDamsel
    replied
    Originally posted by TxBroncoFan

there is not a SINGLE player that I would not cheer for and be proud to be a fan of on this team....
    Especially now that Griese & O'Neal are gone!

Leave a comment:

• TxBroncoFan
    replied
    I seriously think that GH will be exactly what the Broncos have been looking for ....ALL HEART - leadership without agenda. QG and Tatum will drastically benefit from the leadership and work ethic examples that GH has brought to the 49'ers for the past few years. I have watched GH through the past few seasons and he has ALWAYS impressed me with his ability to abide by what has been best for his team, no matter WHAT may have been to his benefit.

Anyone that battles back from injury not just once...but TWICE, is the type of player that embodies everything that Shanny and Co. looks for... The spirit of competition...."I may be down, but I'm NEVER out!"

I LOVE Garrison Hearst and the fact that he is a Bronco...and I seriously hope that we keep him in our stable of RBs simply for the fact that he is selfless, giving and displays the example of a spirit that has all but disappeared in the NFL...and that is "Thank you for giving me the chance to prove that I am worth your respect and admiration." It is truely a lost art form in this day and age.

And THAT is what makes being a Bronco fan SO incredible....there is not a SINGLE player that I would not cheer for and be proud to be a fan of on this team...Thank GOD for the Broncos...and thank GOD for the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• B1MST3AM
    replied
    I never said Hearst didn't have guts and perhaps you're correct on the "brought him in for character" issue but all I was trying to imply was that he is no longer a feature back.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDamsel
    replied
    Originally posted by B1MST3AM
    Garrison Hearst is a has-been. His best days are way behind him(ie Tony Dorsett). Why the Broncs brought him I'll never know. If he's so good why did he split time with Kevan Barlow @ SF?
    The Broncos brought him in because they wanted character & leadership on the team at various positions. He is signed only to a one year deal and I think it's a pretty good idea. He split time because he's been fighting back from injuries that, to some, are career ending--I think that takes a lot of guts & conditioning...I think he'll do what he was brought here to do & then leave...

Leave a comment:

• B1MST3AM
    replied
    Garrison Hearst is a has-been. His best days are way behind him(ie Tony Dorsett). Why the Broncs brought him I'll never know. If he's so good why did he split time with Kevan Barlow @ SF? I'm afraid that Hearst wouldn't make a pimple on a premier backs butt. Cut him now and give the reps to the other backs.

Leave a comment:

• StaceyHearst
    replied
    Garrison

I see Garrison starting for the broncos cause y'all run a running system close to what the 49ers ran while he was there, he said himself that the broncos ran a system similar to the 49ers he was on the best damn sports show period about 3 weeks ago so the system isn't an issue for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X