Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncsyanks
    mark brunell
    thats actually realistic. thats definitely a viable option. harrington could be solid as well.

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Chris Leak
      sigpic

Comment

Trent Dilfer

Comment

Mark Brunell has confirmed to be staying as the back-up QB and mentor to Jason Campbell for the Redskins for this coming season.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Jared Zabransky.

He's not the purest passer out there and he doesn't have the great numbers you'd expect (although his INT's are down this year), but he's got some obvious tools to work with (good arm, excellent athleticism, average size, intangibles). It's probably a tad unrealistic because it's not the best idea to go into a season with a project like Zabransky as the back-up, but hey...we did it with BVP, right?

He looks like a good no. 2 QB prospect to me.

Comment

Considering we have "what's his name" on the practice squad, it is possible Shanny will just go after a late round backup QB prospect and live or die with Cutler and practice squad guy.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

damon huard from kc

or

kurt warner from az

my choice would be warner, he would help cutler out so much and warner has always been a leader. i like the idea of having a qb that has actually won a super bowl mentor our young padawon.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                  damon huard from kc

or

kurt warner from az

my choice would be warner, he would help cutler out so much and warner has always been a leader. i like the idea of having a qb that has actually won a super bowl mentor our young padawon.
                  Huard's performance might have earned him a chance to fight for a starting job somewhere, while Warner is likely only going to be looked at as a backup, so of the too, I think Warner would be more likely.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Senaca Wallace
                    sigpic

Comment

Trent Edwards

Originally posted by tnedator
                      Considering we have "what's his name" on the practice squad, it is possible Shanny will just go after a late round backup QB prospect and live or die with Cutler and practice squad guy.
                      They might want to draft a developemental prospect.

If Shanahan continues to insist on protecting Cutler with "Pumped-up Fullbacks" on the O-line, they may be replacing him sooner than anyone thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki
                        I think Jeff Garcia will do well here thats if he doesnt get signed up again after the playoffs.
                        he would be ideal.. but I see him either getting a chance to compete for the starting job somewhere, or staying in Philly as their back up. They would absolutely foolish to let him go if they could keep him...especially as much as McNabb is hurt.

Shaub is another guy that many believe should be the starter in Atl... so I see him staying in ATL, or getting a good oppertunity to start. Much like whats-his-face did coming out of Philly to Miami a few years back.

I think the kid from the Jets .. Ramsey would be good. What about the guy that used to start for the Dolphins a few years ago....fiedler? He'd be a good back-up here. He still in football?

Byron Leftwich will probably be given a chance somewhere.. I see him in Detroit. Kitna would make a great backup if he's not resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                          Huard's performance might have earned him a chance to fight for a starting job somewhere, while Warner is likely only going to be looked at as a backup, so of the too, I think Warner would be more likely.
                          I personally would be shocked if anyone would seriously consider Huard for a starting position. He did well.. but.. they still had to limit the offense because of him. I think people still see that he's a career back up. IO

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                            They might want to draft a developemental prospect.

If Shanahan continues to insist on protecting Cutler with "Pumped-up Fullbacks" on the O-line, they may be replacing him sooner than anyone thought.
                            They have been running that type of light line since Shanahan took over, and by and large, the Bronco starting QBs have taken all the snaps. I don't see Jay looking so glass jawed that he would be an exception.

Whatever they do, I hope they spend very little cap room on a backup, because chances are if you go to a career backup or over the hill veteran, you are not going to win much anyway, and the team needs to fill a lot bigger holes than backup QB.

If they can't get someone cheap, then use Parson's as backup, and draft a late round development guy to put on the PS.

sigpic

Comment

A.J Feeley would be the most realistic target.What about vinny interceptavati?
                              sigpic

Comment

how about a lil laughter for this one

I say Vinnie T. also he's a veterans' veteran!!! i farve can play only for stats and not to help his team win games, Why can't vinnie? (lol!)

no but seriously. I think a rookie or 1st year backup is not a good idea. If for some unexplained reason JC went down next year you want a Bubby Brister like backup. Someone to "just drive the Ferrari and not crash it" and actually Griese wouldn't be a bad backup. He knows the offense to an extent and he plays better comming off the bench in needed short term situations. I think developing 2 qb's at the same time is bad news. Where's Maddox???
                                #swapping

Comment

Working...
                                X