No announcement yet.

Shanahan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the thoughts of not having Shanahan as our coach. I dont think he's going anywhere though. I do believe he looks tired/ drained/ frustrated/ fatigued, all that that comes with coaching. But Shanny being the perfectionist type has taken on a full plate and more since he's taken over. I think he needs to realize it may be time for him to delegate more responsiblity to someone else , or share more of the work load. We need him for the long haul and direct Cutler and company to our Superbowl wins !

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
      Last year I would have agreed with ya JR.

but after two years in a row with great outcomes, I am willing to give Shanny another chance at GMing.

But I do think Coyer needs to go. The guy is inconsistant and a lousy adapter. One game he will make the crowd ooh and ahhh (last years Eagles gameplan), then the next he will get killed (too many examples).
      Last years results are not all that hot.

Sorry to hear about Williams but lets not let emotion get in the way here.

Both Foxworth and Williams were called out this year on more than one occasion. for not getting the job done after a decent first year. Payhma is a total unknown.

This year he picked up cutler, scheffler and dummerville, so far they look like keepers, but we have all seen major slumps as sophomores especially in the TE area. While dummerville looked good in spot duty, he is far from a sure thing to take over the DE position.

We will know for sure in a couple of years whether 2006 was banner year or whether we have to look for more help in these areas.

Look at how the top teams have been built mostly from the draft. Where DEN has but a handful of Draft choices more than 2 years old left on this team and most of them are second dayers.

If we had a real GM making those choices We would be spending less in FA and not be in cap hell every year.

Look back at all the real talent that we could not afford to keep.

price, MA, putz, ashley (I know he was traded but frankly we could not have afforded him), heyward, the other DE we let go the year before last. Just to mention a few starters we still have not found replacements for yet.

WR's HAVE been drafted ad nauseum over the years and nary no has been a keeper.

Go back and look at the DAFTEES over the years and go down a few spots and see who we could have had instead.

His 1.5 in 12 years in the draft does not cut it with me.

Comment

they are dump if they dont keep him imo
        i am from struer in denmark. the same town as morten anderson is from

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
          Last years results are not all that hot.

Sorry to hear about Williams but lets not let emotion get in the way here.

Both Foxworth and Williams were called out this year on more than one occasion. for not getting the job done after a decent first year. Payhma is a total unknown.

This year he picked up cutler, scheffler and dummerville, so far they look like keepers, but we have all seen major slumps as sophomores especially in the TE area. While dummerville looked good in spot duty, he is far from a sure thing to take over the DE position.

We will know for sure in a couple of years whether 2006 was banner year or whether we have to look for more help in these areas.

Look at how the top teams have been built mostly from the draft. Where DEN has but a handful of Draft choices more than 2 years old left on this team and most of them are second dayers.

If we had a real GM making those choices We would be spending less in FA and not be in cap hell every year.

Look back at all the real talent that we could not afford to keep.

price, MA, putz, ashley (I know he was traded but frankly we could not have afforded him), heyward, the other DE we let go the year before last. Just to mention a few starters we still have not found replacements for yet.

WR's HAVE been drafted ad nauseum over the years and nary no has been a keeper.

Go back and look at the DAFTEES over the years and go down a few spots and see who we could have had instead.

His 1.5 in 12 years in the draft does not cut it with me.
          I don't think it was that we couldn't afford to keep Price, MA, putz, and Ashley, I think that its that we didn't want to keep them.

Price is getting older and was certainly overpaid. He'd show up and get three sacks one game, and then be invisible for the next three.

Anderson is older, and the team didn't need to spend big bucks on an over thirty running back. It would be nice to have him, but not at the price he commanded.

Lelie? Are you really going to put Lelie in the category of couldn't afford?

Putz? They were disappointed with his blocking and believed they could upgrade. For example, Scheffler.

Lastly, Heyward. They felt that he wasn't worth the contract that Jax gave him.

I think you are confusing being in salary cap hell with choosing not to overpay or resign a guy. Look how much money they gave Warren. Clearly they could have given that to Price or Lelie if they had wanted to, but they didn't want to.

As far as the draft, I'm actually excited about what we've done the last couple of years. We rebuilt the receiver position with Marshall (true, he's still unproven, but looks great) and Walker. Scheffler is looking like the real deal as well.

From everything I've read, Kuper is ready to take over at right guard, and we're grooming Eslinger to eventually take over for Nalen. We locked up Lepsis, so our line should be solid for the foreseeable future.

And all that isn't even including Culter.

In the salary cap era, every team is going to have holes, and right now those are on our defense.

I viewed Williams and Foxworth as good, not spectacular, young corners. Not everyone is Champ Bailey, and since teams are going to test Champ, the other side will get alot more throws regardless of who's over there. It seems like everyone is expecting another Champ Bailey on the other side, and that's just not realistic.

I do believe we have solid youngsters in place for the future, and if we can address the saftey position and d-line in the draft and in free agency, I'd say I'm stoked for next year.

Good job, Mike!
          Lway

Comment

Working...
          X